What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Valentine Holmes

beave

Coach
Dollar goes a lot further in Townsville. Would also be given a massively subsidised house or two from Lancini and co. Shit hole of a place though.

f**ks sake JC, you’re better than that mate.

You know full well the publicly reported price (and then verified as accurate) those young players paid for the land and house packages were spot on market value for Tvl/Bohle Plains.The stupid bitch who thought she had a scoop with this story did zero research and came out looking like a fool because of her lack of due diligence. I don’t even remember an apology given to the NQ club over it.

I’ve spent 10 years of my 38 on this earth in Sydney, I could start naming some sterling places in the joint that make Tvl look like the Hollywood hills mate.

Last edited:

beave

Coach
Just to add, I don’t want to see Val break a contract and come home to NQ. I was personally filthy at Tariq Sims for doing the same thing to us in 2015 considering the effort that was put into bringing him back from 2 horrific injuries. His missus wanted to leave and be closer to his family as support was lacking up there for them. As someone with a wife from the US and a young kid myself, I totally understand the scenario but at the end of the day your word is your bond. A contract is your word IMO.

The Cowbs had their chance when Val was younger and didn’t get him. Im disappointed we seem to be going after him a year early (look we may have not even approached him but where there’s smoke there’s fire). If we get him for 2020, then great. But snatching him off you blokes a year early is not the way I want my club to do business and goes against everything I thought we stood for. Throwing all morals out the window because Val has now become a gun is very disappointing.

We made our fullback bed with Coote over Ponga, scrambling for a solution to it by pinching a gun player early off another club is not how I want us to rectify the situation.

Last edited:

Stake Removed

First Grade
We need to keep options open with the Vale & Barba saga dragging on, just ensure at least Kennedy still at the club the kid can play and gives us some cover if we miss out on both, also chase that Cowboys winger Giselda he has some ability

Card Shark

Immortal
A contract is your word IMO.

The Cowbs had their chance when Val was younger and didn’t get him. Im disappointed we seem to be going after him a year early (look we may have not even approached him but where there’s smoke there’s fire). If we get him for 2020, then great. But snatching him off you blokes a year early is not the way I want my club to do business and goes against everything I thought we stood for. Throwing all morals out the window because Val has now become a gun is very disappointing.

We made our fullback bed with Coote over Ponga, scrambling for a solution to it by pinching a gun player early off another club is not how I want us to rectify the situation.

You’re no Gus Goud!

sandshark

Bench
We need to keep options open with the Vale & Barba saga dragging on, just ensure at least Kennedy still at the club the kid can play and gives us some cover if we miss out on both, also chase that Cowboys winger Giselda he has some ability
Kennedy might not get a game until 2020 if he stays. And if Val goes, Moylan or Dugan will probably get first and second crack if they're still here. Wouldn't blame him for signing elsewhere.