What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 24 vs Sea Eagles @ Campbelltown Stadium

Who will win? Round 24: Wests Tigers v Sea Eagles

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 13+

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2018 - Round 24
Wests Tigers v Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
Campbelltown Stadium, Leumeah (TICKETS)
Thursday 23 August 2018

Gates 5:20pm / NRL 7:50pm

TL-WST18.png

1. Moses Mbye 2. David Nofoaluma 3. Esan Marsters 4. Mahe Fonua 5. Kevin Naiqama 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Russell Packer 9. Robbie Farah 10. Ben Matulino 11. Chris Lawrence 12. Michael Chee Kam 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Alex Twal 15. Sauaso Sue 16. Luke Garner 17. Josh Aloiai 18. Jacob Liddle 19. Robert Rochow 20. Tyson Gamble 21. Malakai Watene-Zelezniak

TL-MAN18.png

1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Moses Suli 4. Brian Kelly 5. Brad Parker 6. Dylan Walker 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Addin Fonua-blake 9. Manase Fainu 10. Martin Taupau 11. Joel Thompson 12. Shaun Lane 13. Jake Trbojevic
Interchange: 14. Trent Hodkinson 15. Kelepi Tanginoa 16. Jack Gosiewski 17. Lloyd Perrett 18. Frank Winterstein 19. Matthew Wright 20. Tom Wright 21. Toafofoa Sipley

REF-YELLOW-1000px_1.jpg

Referees: Matt Cecchin, Alan Shortall
Sideline Officials: Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski, Belinda Sleeman
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Feeder clubs
WESTS TIGERS (NSWRL - Wests Magpies)
SEA EAGLES (NSWRL - BWSE)
SAT
Newtown (CRO) v Wests Magpies @ Henson, ISP 1pm (CH 9 NSW)
BWSE v Penrith @ Lottoland, Flegg 1pm / ISP 3pm
SUN
Sharks v Wests Tigers @ SC Group, Flegg 11:35am​

Last edited by a moderator:

Vic Mackey

Referee
Manly have checked out for the year, we’ll win but make it much harder then it should be.

Wests 26-14

Das Hassler

Bench
They've shown form and may well again for the first 30...they've just lost the motivation to fight anymore this season ....individuals yes but not as a team. A few of them cant wait to see the back of eachother after next week.
Doesn't mean we wont get thrashed of course....that's what we do do well

Das Hassler

Bench
I guess Fanua must have said "yes i understand now" convincingly enough to get another shot.... do like the bench

Vic Mackey

Referee
No ET this week. Will be interested to see how we go. I’ve gotta be honest I love the guy but don’t think he has a spot in our best 17. Bench at best.

Russell Coight

Juniors
No ET this week. Will be interested to see how we go. I’ve gotta be honest I love the guy but don’t think he has a spot in our best 17. Bench at best.

Been feeling the same lately, I think he would be better coming off the bench as a tackling machine after the sting of the game has been taken out

When I started reading your comments Vic re ‘I love the guy’ I thought really !! But then you said bench at best, I agree.

When he 1st came down the M4 from Penrith he was everywhere, attack and defensively. Now I see him simply as a defensive player who gives away dumb penalties and more so when defending on our line.

Not sure if it’s him, IC or others who have gone ‘past him’ but yeah, a good bench player with ability to change his style based on what’s needed when he does go on as long as it’s not as dummy half.

Russell Coight

Juniors
I reckon your last paragraph is pretty spot on old time, the game has evolved past him and I think for him to improve he might need to add a little more than just defending his guts out. Also think hes a little on the smaller side too

Tiger05

First Grade
I go through stages of thinking we have to get rid of ET but I thought he was great last week. I honestly think you can build a pack around the guy because he makes minimal mistakes, his defence is great, his workrate is really high plus he has a lot of skills. He can ball play up the middle and he can play on the edge or in the middle.

The problem is that you need a lot of dynamic bigger players in the forwards to compensate for his lack of size. We don't really have any players who fit that mould excluding Aloiai.

I'd keep him though because I don't see him as the problem however a big damaging lock or edge forward would make a big difference to our team.

Tigerm

First Grade
I think you need stars and workers, ET is definitely a worker. I certainly don't blame him for his efforts at 9, he wasn't up for it, he just plays where he's told.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The problem is that you need a lot of dynamic bigger players in the forwards to compensate for his lack of size. We don't really have any players who fit that mould excluding Aloiai.

I'd keep him though because I don't see him as the problem however a big damaging lock or edge forward would make a big difference to our team.

This is the issue. He plays 80mins at lock and has 6 hit ups for 44m. We're giving away a heap of meters every game due to the small lock forward. This isnt the 80s, look at the top sides, all their locks are making 100m+ every game.

Then I look at the edge and I don't think he is better then Lawrence or MCK, even Garner is probably a better option.

He can still be great. A few weeks back i rewatched the Round 2 game against the Storm and his defence was enourmous. He pulled off a 1on1 try saver on Bromwhich which was insane. You've really got to weigh up his good with the bad.

I think he's spot in the team moving forward is on the bench. He can then cover a lot of positions for us in case of an injury. I just dont think any Premiership contenders would have a guy like him at lock in the modern game.

simmo1

First Grade
Taylor would have been great 10 years ago when every team had a guy like Stagg, Fensom, Hindmarsh etc running around making 60 tackles a game. However locks these days are expected to make plenty of metres too.

Tiger05

First Grade
He can still be great. A few weeks back i rewatched the Round 2 game against the Storm and his defence was enourmous. He pulled off a 1on1 try saver on Bromwhich which was insane. You've really got to weigh up his good with the bad.

He has a lot of good plays in him. Defensively he is a machine. I thought he was great last week.

I think he's spot in the team moving forward is on the bench. He can then cover a lot of positions for us in case of an injury. I just dont think any Premiership contenders would have a guy like him at lock in the modern game.

Maybe. You could also play him in the middle or on the edge as a starter and bring on a damaging forward for a 20 minute or so stint.

When he plays good he is top quality but he will always lack the ability to consistently churn out metres. I couldn't get rid of him based on a couple of his quality performances this season. You shouldn't play him at hooker either. He failed in that role this season.