What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is the grand plan to miss top 4 to avoid a showdown with Storm, Roosters or Rabbitohs ?

Simple answer.....No!

Why would we try to avoid playing in at least 2 finals game, that's a 100% improvement on the last time we made the finals.

The chance of playing the Storm, Roosters or Rabbits (who we have beaten this year) means we may just jag a win and be 1 game from the big dance, a loss gives us a home final. Also add in the extra income for finals.

Drop into the shit fight for 5-8 and run the risk of going out in the first week, well that is just ridiculous.
I was of the understanding that all Sydney teams play finals at ANZ this year?

BLM01

First Grade
The only positive thing playing in Melbourne is if you lose don’t you then switch over to the other side of the draw & not play them again unless you meet in th GF??
and you get a home semi the following week if you lose.....for us at ANZ :rolleyes:

This thread is just embarrassing.
Grand Plan is to miss the top 4?
FFS.

Now Now Crush I have the right to take the piss out of forum members occasionally.

On a serious note, very few players who develop ankle injuries come back within a couple of weeks.

Vaughan should have been carefully nurses along to get him ready for game 2 of the finals series.

Hope it was a “freak accident” but think it’s more likely that he injured the other leg because he was attempting to avoid pressure on his injured ankle.

Widdop is in the same boat.

Dislocated shoulder and possibly playing after 3-4 weeks.

It’s a recipe for disaster.

Better they allow his injury to heal properly.

Trying to play an unfit Widdop is not a solution.

Mann is a very good 5/8.

Play the Mann !

Crush

Coach
Now Now Crush I have the right to take the piss out of forum members occasionally.

On a serious note, very few players who develop ankle injuries come back within a couple of weeks.

Vaughan should have been carefully nurses along to get him ready for game 2 of the finals series.

Hope it was a “freak accident” but think it’s more likely that he injured the other leg because he was attempting to avoid pressure on his injured ankle.

Widdop is in the same boat.

Dislocated shoulder and possibly playing after 3-4 weeks.

It’s a recipe for disaster.

Better they allow his injury to heal properly.

Trying to play an unfit Widdop is not a solution.

Mann is a very good 5/8.

Play the Mann !
Losing Vaughan is unfortunate. But we can still win big games without him I reckon.
Widdop is a different story. We NEED him back asap. Without him we won't compete with the top 4 teams IMO.
Mann played well last week, no doubt, but he ain't no Widdop mate, he is just a Mann.

2010Dragons

Bench
I prefer Mann , at least he can tackle and run direct. Widdop was running side ways like a crab before he got injured.

ouryears

Bench
Losing Vaughan is unfortunate. But we can still win big games without him I reckon.
Widdop is a different story. We NEED him back asap. Without him we won't compete with the top 4 teams IMO.
Mann played well last week, no doubt, but he ain't no Widdop mate, he is just a Mann.
Widdop was in the team that suffered our biggest losses this year vs Souths, panthers, warriors, parramatta and roosters......I prefer Mann, and now at least we can be led by more passionate on field captains. You over rate Widdop for some strange reason.

possm

Coach
Widdop was in the team that suffered our biggest losses this year vs Souths, panthers, warriors, parramatta and roosters......I prefer Mann, and now at least we can be led by more passionate on field captains. You over rate Widdop for some strange reason.

Now we have the worst possible scenarios; we look not to be competitive in the finals but Mary will claim he made the top 4, so the Board will be reluctant to sack him. What I do not understand is how a former player of B Johnstone's calibre cannot see how poor a coach Mary is and so continues to support is appointment as head coach.

Now we have the worst possible scenarios; we look not to be competitive in the finals but Mary will claim he made the top 4, so the Board will be reluctant to sack him. What I do not understand is how a former player of B Johnstone's calibre cannot see how poor a coach Mary is and so continues to support is appointment as head coach.
Well seeing as he was appointed as a condition of the WIN sale he will do what he’s damn well told I’d imagine.

Crush

Coach
Widdop is our best player when he is on. He can do things no other player in our side can do.
I actually dont like him though all that much. He goes missing and isn't a leader. He shouldn't be captain. BUT if we are to win the big games we will need both Widdop and Hunt at 110% to be any chance. When they are good they are very good.

LINESPEED

Juniors

I still reckon we could've/could been there in Oct with the right cattle in the paddock - despite McAlbatross.

Before he goes to sea
In his JetSki
Next
Beware the circling albatross
And recall the Fate
Of the ancient mariner

Re BJ - you're dead right Possm & you should google the tripe he had to say about that regrettable extension
Knows SFA mate
Debt repayment was great, but the cost now will be 5 more years of BJ & Mc Latken, then 20 yrs of OMG Young - who's positioned nicely one out one back lol, lol & LOL

Think we might need Jai in the mix Sundy arvo - someone to run down the Morris Minors lol.

Through thick & thin - Go the Mightiest & make us proud

Last edited:
Dudes, we're long gone. We were winged against Souths, knocked out by Penrith and put on life support by Melbourne. It doesn't matter where in the 8 we finish from here we'll be out of the semis without a win. We're not good enough.