What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gary Jack

number8

Juniors
Was anyone at the game & if so was there any contact between he & Ian Roberts out on the pitch. The two had a big court case a few seasons back from a stink on the field where Roberts flogged him back in the day. Surprising to see them attend an event together, I'd guess they kept their distance though.

simon says

First Grade
Yeah.....I remember Ian Roberts teeing off on Jack while Lyons hewld him down.

Jack copped plenty....punches and reinbursment.

Cheers.

brook

First Grade
number8 said:
Was anyone at the game & if so was there any contact between he & Ian Roberts out on the pitch. The two had a big court case a few seasons back from a stink on the field where Roberts flogged him back in the day. Surprising to see them attend an event together, I'd guess they kept their distance though.

Thats not the only bad blood between the two either - about 10 years back Garry Jacks sports store in burwood closed down owing a fair bit of money to Roberts league merchandise business - there was talk of court action over that too although I don't know if its been resolved.

gregstar

Referee
smeghead said:
Dont worry though he still has all the money he ever earnt
LOL!

he & michael o'connor were the only nsw players i feared during the 80's.
it was a sad sight when father time tapped jack on the shoulder during his last origin appearance - possibly his worst game ever. :(

Green Machine

First Grade
I don’t know if they showed the NSW Legends on Channel 9 (I was at the game), but before Garry Jack was presented to the crowd, a replay came up on the ground video with Rod Wishart kicking goal with Jack’s name underneath. Only blooper of the presentation,

Green Machine

First Grade
number8 said:
They might have been close under the stands, but when they came out one went to one end of the ground and the other went to the other end

Gary Jack is working as real estate agent, with R J Andrew Blacktown. I tell you what, he does not move to well these days.

I remember his sports store at Burwood, it was originally a Peter Wynn Score franchise, then all of sudden became a Sportscene store. It closed down soon after. Not sure if he and Wynny exchange Christmas Cards these days

innsaneink

Referee
Green Machine said:
I don’t know if they showed the NSW Legends on Channel 9 (I was at the game), but before Garry Jack was presented to the crowd, a replay came up on the ground video with Rod Wishart kicking goal with Jack’s name underneath. Only blooper of the presentation,

Yeah I noticed that as well, only for a second....I thought to myself maybe they had overlapped but yeah they had Wisharts image with Jacks name.

I was trying to work out what the big blue stage was for, saw them drag it out in a few pieces, saw them drag it back after the presentation, but all the players stood either side of it on large cardboard jerseys, turvey at the front......who was on the stage???

NPK

Bench
jack.jpg
MatthewsG_h.jpg

Not the best pictures, but they could be twins!

Green Machine

First Grade
innsaneink said:
Yeah I noticed that as well, only for a second....I thought to myself maybe they had overlapped but yeah they had Wisharts image with Jacks name.

I was trying to work out what the big blue stage was for, saw them drag it out in a few pieces, saw them drag it back after the presentation, but all the players stood either side of it on large cardboard jerseys, turvey at the front......who was on the stage???
They brought a young girl with Turvey. It was all part of the make a wish foundation. I think she was pretty sick and part of the wish was to meet Andrew Johns. I think she got to watch the match on the sideline. I think what ever they were going to do went pear shape.
What about the fights in the under 17’s?
I was talking to a bloke at work today who was on the Western Side and he said a big fat women ran on the field when the NSW Blues were doing the victory lap. He said it the quite funny when security crash tackled her,

hrundi99

First Grade
the wounded magpie said:
Gary Jack is working as real estate agent, with R J Andrew Blacktown. I tell you what, he does not move to well these days.

I remember his sports store at Burwood, it was originally a Peter Wynn Score franchise, then all of sudden became a Sportscene store. It closed down soon after. Not sure if he and Wynny exchange Christmas Cards these days

I went to the opening of the store. Blocker, Sirro and some other players were there.

innsaneink

Referee
Green Machine said:
They brought a young girl with Turvey. It was all part of the make a wish foundation. I think she was pretty sick and part of the wish was to meet Andrew Johns. I think she got to watch the match on the sideline. I think what ever they were going to do went pear shape.
What about the fights in the under 17’s?
I was talking to a bloke at work today who was on the Western Side and he said a big fat women ran on the field when the NSW Blues were doing the victory lap. He said it the quite funny when security crash tackled her,

:lol: LOL NSW won the fights and the game convincingly, I was disappointed the blues #13 from Illawarra, someone muttdon..hehe...got binned, clearly the standout, had a blinder, along with the raiders winger #2 I think, carved up QLD all over the park.