What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parking for Leichhardt Oval

simon says

First Grade
Get to the leagues club early and park there.Walk back,have a few at the leagues and then drive home with no traffic at all.

Been doing this for years and it never goes wrong.

Hope this helps.

Wests is Best

Juniors
I'm a bit late for today's game, but you park as far away from the ground as you can. It is much quicker to walk 2 k's than it is to drive out of there straight after a game.

glockers

Juniors
For next time.

You park on the next penninsula. Walk down the hill across the footbridge and park in those side streets. It's easy and only a 5 minute walk.

Costa

Juniors
Best parking is you turn left at the second last st just before approaching the iron cove bridge on victoria rd.

You then have about a 5min walk via the walk way to the hill side of leichardt oval.

Tigerpete

Juniors
We always park by the canal in Haberfield walk under and across the bridge, around the water then up that shoddy hill, take about 10 mins i guess.

blake2101

Juniors
Are these options still good, or are they a bit outdated now?
First time to Leichhardt Oval, and I'm very excited!

Ron's_Mate

Bench
I agree with most of the above, you don't want to park too close or you'll get stuck trying to get away after the game. Last time I went I parked near the canal, like Tigerpete said, only a 15 minute walk.

TiggaPlease

I usually park on the Leichhardt side of the City West link, around Darley Rd. I find parking on that side less prone to congestion when leaving.

blake2101

Juniors
What about the residential streets further around, near Robson Park?
I was aiming to arrive at 1:30ish.

Are these options still good, or are they a bit outdated now?
First time to Leichhardt Oval, and I'm very excited!

I'd say this one is the latter

Get to the leagues club early and park there.Walk back,have a few at the leagues and then drive home with no traffic at all.

Been doing this for years and it never goes wrong.

Hope this helps.

Didn't realise it was from 2005 at first.

I'd say with Leichhardt Oval your best option is public transport, or walking if you live close enough

Magpie Tragic

Juniors
Isn't using the words parking & Leichhardt Oval in the same sentence an oxymoron???

Or is an oxymoron a really stupid welder ????

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
maybe thats what Balmain Leagues should do with the old club space, turn into a multi level car park.

no overheads, all profits!

roofromoz

First Grade
Saves me having to start a new thread!

Making my first trip there next week for the Panthers match. I was thinking of parking around the Henley Marine Drive area in Rodd Point - would there be any dramas (e.g. residential parking restrictions)? Is that the "canal" option as stated in previous posts?

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Henley Marine Drive and Rodd Point are the other side of the water - you'd have a long walk. If you look at a map around Darley Rd and City West Link you will see there is a pedestrian overpass across the West Link so if you park in that area of Lilyfield it's easy to walk across. Or look around Dobroyd Pde and Hawthorne Pde near the canal and again it's an easy walk up past the big reception centre. The new Leicchardt light rail stop should also be a good option for some people, depending where they're coming from.

Latest posts