What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
All this talk of moving Ravalawa on is ludicrous lmao. We would've got the spoon hadn't he scored all the near-impossible tries that he did last year. Some fans are quick to forget. Keep in mind that Rav is playing on his non-preferred side outside Suli who didn't exactly set up an abundance of tries for Feagai last few seasons either. Also it's been 4 fkn games.

possm

Coach
Heard Carayannis asked again about the Lomax situation a bit earlier on the ABC.
Said that Blaize Talagi has an option in his favour for next year if he wants to leave Parramatta.
Said if there was a swap agreed to for Lomax this year, Talagi would play at 6 for the Dragons.
Flanagan looking at Kyle more as a number 9 in the future.
Sounds like even if the issues with Lomax are resolved, Talagi is a player of interest for the Dragons for 2025.
Swap Bird, Lomax back to right center.

kit66

Bench
Swap Bird, Lomax back to right center.

Swap Bird and Lomax to the left and Suli and Rav to the right. Suli played his best games for us on the right (his best games were actually with Moga outside him, they just clicked and laid on a bunch of tries). Rav too was always good on the right outside Lomax. That would leave Kyle, Luc, Bird and Lomax working together on the left, those guys could work well together - smarts on the left, beasties on the right.

Victoire

Juniors
All this talk of moving Ravalawa on is ludicrous lmao. We would've got the spoon hadn't he scored all the near-impossible tries that he did last year. Some fans are quick to forget. Keep in mind that Rav is playing on his non-preferred side outside Suli who didn't exactly set up an abundance of tries for Feagai last few seasons either. Also it's been 4 fkn games.
Rava is a beast in yardage, an excellent finisher, has significantly upped his reliability on high kick reception, and has improved his defensive decision making this year too (great try saver on Paulo on the weekend). Plus he's only 26 and signed presumably a good value (for us) extension last year. It's really not a conversation we need to have.

Gezza1

Juniors
Rava is a beast in yardage, an excellent finisher, has significantly upped his reliability on high kick reception, and has improved his defensive decision making this year too (great try saver on Paulo on the weekend). Plus he's only 26 and signed presumably a good value (for us) extension last year. It's really not a conversation we need to have.
For me watching the game against Manly in person, his defensive positioning was horrible. He's always too far inside of his man and leaves so much room on the outside for him to just fly past (as Rava isn't the fastest). His finishing and running ability has never been in question but his man-to-man marking and sometimes 50/50 bombs need some work.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
For me watching the game against Manly in person, his defensive positioning was horrible. He's always too far inside of his man and leaves so much room on the outside for him to just fly past (as Rava isn't the fastest). His finishing and running ability has never been in question but his man-to-man marking and sometimes 50/50 bombs need some work.
Most if not all teams, compress in defence, you will notice that the winger is about 20m in especially when the ball is on the other side of the field, also Rava is generally keeping the spacing in defence, no point in him leaving a 10m gap between him and Suli. I was watching the Warriors game on the weekend and there was this period of play when they were defending, the whole defensive line moved up as one and when the attack moved to the left their whole defence slide across in unison it actually looked choreographed, they did for the whole set..

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Rava was a beast until the Bunker ruined him with the bull$hit suspensions he was coping and has had to adjust his game unlike others like Olam who continue to put in big hits identical to Rava's without punishment.

Rava is slowly getting to his best. He is a hard man to stop close to the line and can sniff a try. His only issue is his speed but not all wingers are speedsters. And the ones that are are not built solid like Rava that can find a try close to the line using strength and size.

redVinme

Bench
Lomax given permission to negotiate with other clubs for next year. Would say that the club is confident of landing a replacement (Petaia or Turvuva) or potentially both
At least this way the manager can do the work and let us know which clubs are keen officially.

I want Zac to stay only if he wants too. Otherwise we can't change the culture hanging on to players that don't want to be here.

possm

Coach
Swap Bird and Lomax to the left and Suli and Rav to the right. Suli played his best games for us on the right (his best games were actually with Moga outside him, they just clicked and laid on a bunch of tries). Rav too was always good on the right outside Lomax. That would leave Kyle, Luc, Bird and Lomax working together on the left, those guys could work well together - smarts on the left, beasties on the right.
Yes, this may be an option but both Lomax and Bird are also right side players.

I worry that Suli does not set up his winger when passing the ball to his left, so I am not sure he will pass to Ravalawa from right to left.

If Parramatta wants a center and is happy to offer up their reserve grade five-eighth, then offer up Bird, not Lomax.

Gezza1

Juniors
Most if not all teams, compress in defence, you will notice that the winger is about 20m in especially when the ball is on the other side of the field, also Rava is generally keeping the spacing in defence, no point in him leaving a 10m gap between him and Suli. I was watching the Warriors game on the weekend and there was this period of play when they were defending, the whole defensive line moved up as one and when the attack moved to the left their whole defence slide across in unison it actually looked choreographed, they did for the whole set..
Definitely makes sense but from my POV it didn't seem like we were moving up as one and got a bit lucky with some pretty crap passing from Manly which could've led to tries if they came off.

The Word

Juniors
Definitely makes sense but from my POV it didn't seem like we were moving up as one and got a bit lucky with some pretty crap passing from Manly which could've led to tries if they came off.
There were definitely some crap passes from Manly. From where I was sitting on the hill though it didn't look like Rava did much wrong defensively. Considering Manly have a much quicker backline than us, they struggled to get on the outside of him. Plus two try saving moments, once when he bumped their Centre into touch, the other where he managed to get his finger tips to a Cherry-Evans grubber to take it away from their winger.

Gezza1

Juniors
There were definitely some crap passes from Manly. From where I was sitting on the hill though it didn't look like Rava did much wrong defensively. Considering Manly have a much quicker backline than us, they struggled to get on the outside of him. Plus two try saving moments, once when he bumped their Centre into touch, the other where he managed to get his finger tips to a Cherry-Evans grubber to take it away from their winger.
Fair enough, the pros outweigh the cons with him. At least he wants to be at the club unlike some.

Murfy

Juniors
Early money is on lomax to eels with potentially matterson coming our way. Hope the club has a crack at Talagi or Sanders as well