What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sack Flanagan

Doesn't change the fact that we signed rep players the year after making their SOO debuts though does it?

Who of Flanagan's recruits so far are higher caliber signings than Sua, Molo, Suli were?
All of these players at that time were all up and coming players they were 27, 24 and 23 years of age respectively.

Better yet, none of Flanagan's signings have even been higher caliber than Josh McGuire, surely that tells you something.

Let's be real, Flanagan's signings so far have been two second rowers 30 years or over (RFM and Eisenhuth), a 26 year old who hadn't played first grade (Marshcke), his son (enough said on that) and a second rower who came through our junior system, hasn't lived up to his potential and has been a journeyman with off field behavioral issues since, we picked him up again on massive overs (Leilua).

Flanagan has achieved all of this after being appointed in June 2023, he had the best part of 8 months during the previous season and the off season to improve the roster and he has not been successful in doing this.
I actually think Marschke is a great signing. You need 30 players so having good players like Marshke on minimum contracts is extremely valuable.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Some more analysis on this topic for everyone's Sunday Afternoon.

Fraud Flanno has now had the worst start (equal in terms of win loss ratio and worse in terms of points conceded) for any of our joint venture coaches since Andrew Farrar in 2000.

Surely the impact of a new coach should be enough to at least put some decent performances and defence together? If this highly credentialed premiership winning coach can't get the team off to a better start than any other coach since Farrar, that is a big red flag for me and further demonstrates his appointment over Ryles was purely to maintain the status quo.

NB - I haven't included caretaker period coaches for comparison purposes as they would not have had an off season to straighten things out.

Flanno after 5 matches - 2 wins 3 losses (130 points conceded)

Griffin after 5 matches - 4 wins 1 loss (42 points conceded)

McGregor after 5 matches - 3 wins 2 losses (58 points conceded)

Price after 5 matches - 3 wins 2 losses (90 points conceded)

Bennett after 5 matches - 4 wins 1 loss (36 points conceded)

Brown after 5 matches - 2 wins 3 losses (122 points conceded)

Farrar after 5 matches - 1 win 4 losses (149 points conceded)

Does this concern anyone?
Even our worst coaches have been able to get the team performing decently in their first season in charge after a full off season to coach bad habits our of them!

For Fraud Flanno's apologists I guess at least he isn't last in this list but you have to go back more than 20 years to find a worse start 😂

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Pray he doesn’t get them on the juice? That’s the least of our worries. As long as they don’t get on whatever drugs you’re on we’ll be fine.
hook had 3.5 years flanagans had 6 months
That's not appropriate in terms of alleging another forum member is using illicit substances rather than engaging them in debate.

Substance abuse is no laughing matter and causes many issues for many people.

I would appreciate either an apology or you removing your post, thank you.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Do you seriously mean that ? Really ? After FOUR games ? As we have often said before, thank f**k that a lot of posters here have absolutely no involvement in the running of the club.
It has been FIVE games mate, not FOUR.
Have a look at my analysis from this afternoon and care to explain why Flanagan's start as coach has been the worst since Farrar?

I'm Hornby

Juniors
I actually think Marschke is a great signing. You need 30 players so having good players like Marshke on minimum contracts is extremely valuable.
Sure, but previously coaches have signed a similar mold of player with much more experience like Mbye to a minimal contact and many members have had conniptions over it.

So why the double standards with recruitment?

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors
Not sure if Flanno can be judged on this seasons signings (didn’t exactly have much choice ffs). I think for the most part the signings have been decent. We’re a huge work in progress atm

That's not appropriate in terms of alleging another forum member is using illicit substances rather than engaging them in debate.

Substance abuse is no laughing matter and causes many issues for many people.

I would appreciate either an apology or you removing your post, thank you.
You have a very soft underbelly.

After hoping "dodgy coach doesn't get our players on the juice like he did at Cronulla" to then take offence to an innocuous claim against you? Hahaha

If you were on drugs, at least you'd have an excuse.

In terms of valuable input on this forum, you're an empty vessel.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
What do you want Ryan to do ?
Ryan isn't hindering Flanno, Ryan is working on keeping the club viable, Ryan's reports to the board and doesn't involve himself in the coaching or picking of the team... We did have a member forum at Kogarah a few weeks back Ryan and Shane attended.
Thanks for the update, Ayios. I didn't mean it as in that Ryan wasn't doing his job (although I definitely made it seem that way), but rather was wondering why we haven't heard from him too much. I'm happy to hear that he's still out and interacting with fans, though.

justadragon

Bench
It has been FIVE games mate, not FOUR.
Have a look at my analysis from this afternoon and care to explain why Flanagan's start as coach has been the worst since Farrar?
Mate its fairly obvious that you have a problem in the way Hook got punted and that Flanno is here now. My choice was not Flanno either it was Hasler, but by judging what is happening at the Titans we were probably lucky there along with not getting Ryles. Hook was punted but that was after 2.5 seasons, Flanno has just started, he will be judged along with everyone else in due time. I believe in "he has done the crime and done the time" so now I will support him, he is the Dragons coach, you dont like him and dont want to support him, purely your choice, but are you going to support the Dragons ?

Latest posts