What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

TheRev

First Grade
Think Penrith present their final offer to Turuva this week also, would be nice to win one back... take some of the pain of losing a quality outside back.

The irony though.. Lomax is leaving for a shot at fullback at Parra...... meanwhile.... we are trying to buy someone to give them a shot at competing for fullback....

Lomax imo might look good for a few games at fullback, but when they start to click that he cant pass.. I dont think it will last very long and he will be back on the wing.

Hunt, in this current team, is irreplaceable. If we were to be even remotely competitive it was imperative that we keep him.
Having a huge laff. In six years he has never been "irreplaceable''. Has not taken us to a final, does not show true leadership, can not close out games. In short he is a dud, then and now. Young Flanno has been A BETTER GAME MANAGER IN THE SHORT TIME HE HAS BEEN WITH US.

What does a bloke have to do to have a username change on this forum. Have sent several requests to contact. Zilch replies. Anyone have the answer.

KingFlanno7

Juniors
The BOD and Flanagan shudda done everything in their power to keep him! Clearly they did not. Zac will be a success with the Eels, he knows no other way. But his heart will always remain with the RedV.
No thanks. And if his heart was with the Red V he wouldnt of asked for multiple releases, at the end of the day he had a contract for the next 2 years. He didnt buy in to flannos plans and if we make the 8 and have a good crack in the finals im sure he will regret his decision alot more. I laugh every time i think about it, he chose the Eels of all teams. Poor kid

Last edited:
Every day read of clubs buying promising and elite players. Only today another left the club that nurtured him, Ethan Sanders will be a Raider next year. Where are our promising and elite players as promised by our coach for '25.

VodkaSaint

Juniors
No thanks. And if his heart was with the Red V he wouldnt of asked for multiple releases, at the end of the day he had a contract for the next 2 years. He didnt buy in to flannos plans and if we make the 8 and have a good crack in the finals im sure he will regret his decision alot more. I laugh every time i think about it, he chose the Eels of all teams. Poor kid
he is not that smart.
1. taking less money.
2. Brad Arthur conned i him.
3. He let himself get conned for less Money .
4. Im sure he could have been the next Captain.
oh well, time to move on

True_Believer

Juniors
Having a huge laff. In six years he has never been "irreplaceable''. Has not taken us to a final, does not show true leadership, can not close out games. In short he is a dud, then and now. Young Flanno has been A BETTER GAME MANAGER IN THE SHORT TIME HE HAS BEEN WITH US.
I don't think you have read what I've actually written - or you've misinterpreted it.

Bird is an adequate stop gap until we move forward with a better solution post Lomax. I can understand why he's in there - he's in the top 17 until someone else steps up and demands selection. Based on comments in here and what I've seen of the lower grades, options are slim. Our depth is slim. Better to have Bird and Lomax with significant first grade experience in there for the time being. I'm glad he's stuck with CT on the wing this week as this should give us a fantastic picture of where he's at as far as regular first grade experience.

Secondly, if you actually read my post, you would have noticed that I said "in the current team, Hunt is irreplaceable". He represents experience. We don't have good depth in those positions and need that experience for a new spine formation. And as I said, Flanno Jnr was brought in as a 14 originally - it wasn't until after the discussion with Hunt did we know that Amone definitely wasn't going to be playing and hence the promotion of Flanno. Not once did I suggest that Hunt has been the best half we've had or that he hasn't got flaws. But he's got experience in the halves which is what we desperately need for this rebuild. And that's why Flanno kept him and that's why I said he was irreplaceable in the current team.

I understand you've got it in for Flanno, you're impatient for improvement and whatever other bees you've got in your bonnet about the team and the club, but it would be great if you took the time to read the posts before spamming off the cuff responses.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Flanno was talking up Lomax to be selected for NSW. Does not sound to me like Flanno has an issue with Lomax. If not for Flanno Lomax would not be leading Daly M's after round 7. He could easily have benched him as well, he did not have to pick him in the starting squad but obviously he knows Zac is a quality player and the best for the team. If Zac has issues it would be with the Capt as you can see they just don't get on and he is probably sick of how the club and now coach bend over backwards to please him. This may have started back when Zac and Blocker made fun of Benny's best buddy in Hook on Matty Johns show. They may have patched things up now but the damage was probably done back then. They tried to get Zac and Blocker to do it again (make fun of Hook) and Zac avoided it big time so he probably knew that may open up old wounds.

At the end of the day, the amount of damage that Hook has done during his tenure is incredible. Worst coach by a mile since the merger. Not only brought in duds and Hunt's mates for a holiday, coached the footy out of the boys as we are seeing now they are realising they are good players, but he created a very toxic culture and worst of all a split camp between Hooks mates and the rest (BHunt camp v Lomax camp). We had a great crop of great juniors coming through and they all went off the rails or left. All the Saints board had to do was hire Flanno instead of Hook or keep Young an extra year as interim (he coached alot of the juniors and would have handled that better in transitioning them to NRL) until the NRL cleared Flanno.

What is weird is why Roosters did not go in for Lomax as he is a type of player Roosters would go for and with Sualii, Manu and Toupo leaving and Teddy closed to retirement, you would think they would go in 100% but they did not. Roosters were keen 12 or so months ago for Lomax but have cooled off him big time. They had a guy like Latrell as well in the team and were glad to see him go. Maybe they can see similar traits in Zac, I don't know but they turned off him big time.

Parra were tapping him up ages ago and the fact he went to have dinner with Brad surely is not a good look for him and how would his coach and team mates feel? Lomax's manager being an ex-Eel played a role for sure. He has let Lomax down in the end as a manager with any integrity would go against something like that for his client as it would cause a huge stir at the club. Only thing that makes sense in boxing and Saints not allowing it.

I am hoping next year we find out why Lomax wanted out so badly. He may let loose once out of Saints as if he does it now it would be uncomfortable seeing he plays for them now and I have a feeling Lomax is the type that will let loose on all the reasons why he feels Saints is not the club for him going forward to justify his move which everyone is questioning not just us Saints fans. Hopefully he throws some people like Haran and co under the bus and Saints get rid of them. Maybe Lomax should have a clause and if Saints get rid of Hunt, Haran or whoever he hates, he can get out of his contract and return to Saints. Highly doubtful but how funny would that be.

RedVee

First Grade
Flanno was talking up Lomax to be selected for NSW. Does not sound to me like Flanno has an issue with Lomax. If not for Flanno Lomax would not be leading Daly M's after round 7. He could easily have benched him as well, he did not have to pick him in the starting squad but obviously he knows Zac is a quality player and the best for the team. If Zac has issues it would be with the Capt as you can see they just don't get on and he is probably sick of how the club and now coach bend over backwards to please him. This may have started back when Zac and Blocker made fun of Benny's best buddy in Hook on Matty Johns show. They may have patched things up now but the damage was probably done back then. They tried to get Zac and Blocker to do it again (make fun of Hook) and Zac avoided it big time so he probably knew that may open up old wounds.

At the end of the day, the amount of damage that Hook has done during his tenure is incredible. Worst coach by a mile since the merger. Not only brought in duds and Hunt's mates for a holiday, coached the footy out of the boys as we are seeing now they are realising they are good players, but he created a very toxic culture and worst of all a split camp between Hooks mates and the rest (BHunt camp v Lomax camp). We had a great crop of great juniors coming through and they all went off the rails or left. All the Saints board had to do was hire Flanno instead of Hook or keep Young an extra year as interim (he coached alot of the juniors and would have handled that better in transitioning them to NRL) until the NRL cleared Flanno.

What is weird is why Roosters did not go in for Lomax as he is a type of player Roosters would go for and with Sualii, Manu and Toupo leaving and Teddy closed to retirement, you would think they would go in 100% but they did not. Roosters were keen 12 or so months ago for Lomax but have cooled off him big time. They had a guy like Latrell as well in the team and were glad to see him go. Maybe they can see similar traits in Zac, I don't know but they turned off him big time.

Parra were tapping him up ages ago and the fact he went to have dinner with Brad surely is not a good look for him and how would his coach and team mates feel? Lomax's manager being an ex-Eel played a role for sure. He has let Lomax down in the end as a manager with any integrity would go against something like that for his client as it would cause a huge stir at the club. Only thing that makes sense in boxing and Saints not allowing it.

I am hoping next year we find out why Lomax wanted out so badly. He may let loose once out of Saints as if he does it now it would be uncomfortable seeing he plays for them now and I have a feeling Lomax is the type that will let loose on all the reasons why he feels Saints is not the club for him going forward to justify his move which everyone is questioning not just us Saints fans. Hopefully he throws some people like Haran and co under the bus and Saints get rid of them. Maybe Lomax should have a clause and if Saints get rid of Hunt, Haran or whoever he hates, he can get out of his contract and return to Saints. Highly doubtful but how funny would that be.
Other posters have stated that we tried to get Flanno as head coach but were denied by the NRL. He was allowed to be an Asst Coach at that point but not a Head Coach.
Hence we went to Hook as we wanted an experienced coach.

True_Believer

Juniors
f Zac has issues it would be with the Capt as you can see they just don't get on and he is probably sick of how the club and now coach bend over backwards to please him.
Unsure where you are getting this from. They are in there celebrating tries together in the games and Hunt's mentioned in interviews that Zac discusses a lot of things with him as they've been mates for a long time. Zac apparently discussed leaving the club with Ben. If they actually had issues with each other, that discussion wouldn't have happened.