What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Bermuda triangle@. Sharks r9

jeffdragon

Bench
See how we back up after an embarrassing performance on Anzac Day.
It"s going to uphill battle.
Most teams bounce back after performances like today.
Do we have the smarts or know how to do it.
It might be the Nicho show.
Suli out
Rava,.
Luc back?

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
We better lift for this game. My preferred 1-17 is

1. Sloan
2. Tui or Finau (why not)
3. Tamale (also why not though his defence will be terrible - can't be much worse than Bird though)
4. Lomax
5. Rav
6. Kflan (Would prefer marschke but he hasnt trained at 5/8)
7. Hunt (hope he f**ks off soon)
8. FMolo
9. Lids
10. Hame
11. Luc
12. Su'a
13. Eisenhuth
14. Nu
15. RFM
16. JDB
17. Murdz

18. Couchman twin (either one, probably Toby) / Marschke

Lawrie: Left right out

We better lift for this game. My preferred 1-17 is

1. Sloan
2. Tui or Finau (why not)
3. Tamale (also why not though his defence will be terrible - can't be much worse than Bird though)
4. Lomax
5. Rav
6. Kflan (Would prefer marschke but he hasnt trained at 5/8)
7. Hunt (hope he f**ks off soon)
8. FMolo
9. Lids
10. Hame
11. Luc
12. Su'a
13. Eisenhuth
14. Nu
15. RFM
16. JDB
17. Murdz

18. Couchman twin (either one, probably Toby) / Marschke

Lawrie: Left right out
Here is Flanno's preferred 17 in general

1. Sloan
2. Rava
3. Suli
4. Bird
5. Lomax
6. Kflan
7. Hunt
8. FMolo
9. Lids
10. Hame
11. Luc
12. Su'a
13. Eisenhuth
14. Nu
15. Lawrie
16. JDB
17. RFM

18. BMM/ M. Molo

Next week with Suli out and Luc in

1. Sloan
2. CT
3. Lomax
4. Bird
5. Rava
6. Kflan
7. Hunt
8. FMolo
9. Lids
10. Hame
11. Luc
12. Su'a
13. Eisenhuth
14. Nu
15. Lawrie
16. JDB
17. RFM

18. BMM/ M. Molo

If Luc is out, then RFM edge and BMM bench.

Nanadragon

Juniors
If Flannigan can get us up for the Sharks game, let alone win it, then he'll be the best coach in the NRL.
Yesterday was so disappointing after the week before's effort against the Warriors.
Hard to keep supporting this team year after disappointing year.

If Flannigan can get us up for the Sharks game, let alone win it, then he'll be the best coach in the NRL.
Yesterday was so disappointing after the week before's effort against the Warriors.
Winning 1 game against the Sharks will not make anyone the best coach.

This game will mean a lot to him. He also has a 10 day turnaround, which allows for a strong preparation.

TheRev

First Grade
We really have to play Sloan this week in particular, I think Flanno has toyed with the idea of Lomax to fullback, but being down a centre, I dont think we can afford it.

But it is possible a forward from cup might make their way in... I expect they will all play in saturdays game v roosters given the break to the next game, so Toby and Alec would be the 2.. Ryan not out of the question.. but I dont think these guys change all that much for us.

We have to rely on the old bounce back.. and we also cant go losing players early in the game.. its just not something this roster can afford.

TheRev

First Grade
I dont really want to single anyone out.. Losing Suli is a valid excuse... we never recovered from losing our starting lock (a guy who did 56 tackles last week at 95% efficiency) to centre for the entire game.. yes a top roster might handle that.. we cannot.

Once we fall behind the arm wrestle its over.. everyone is playing under massive fatigue.. they were even exhausted in attack with what little ball we had.. plus continually moving backwards lets our opposition run into space & their kickers taking complete advantage (kicking in dinner suits as flanno mentioned).

Leilua seems gone for atleast another week, so its either gonna be RFM or Eisenhuth on the edge I'd say. I havent ruled out maybe Toby playing lock or bench prop at some pt..

Also have our SG boys finished up tomorrow, so over coming weeks I expect a few guys to start filtering up.

Last edited:
We know what team Flanno is going to pick - the same fat old lags that have done squat (and clearly not squats) for the past few seasons.
According to Flanno, Dylan Egan has the goods, but he's not in the 17. According to Flanno, Toby & Ryan Couchman played too much last year.
What kind of effing BS is that?!
Mate, just dump 'em KoE or give 'em 5 minutes from the bench when we're down by thirty to "go out and make a difference, Son" until - like Ford, Host, Robson, etc they get jack of it, go elsewhere and we find out that they are pretty handy players after all.
New coach, same old failings.
I recall that in 1977 we won a comp with a forward pack comprising John Jansen, Robert Stone, Bruce Starkey and Craig Young and none of them was over 22.
Different game then? Somewhat. But you still win games on the back of enthusiastic, dominant forwards.
With the exception of JdB, Su'a and Frank Molo on a good day we don't have them. On that basis, it wouldn't be such a bad idea to keep those guys, banish the rest and bring the young breed through. Would it?

Last edited: