What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Topine sues Bulldogs

Bazal

Post Whore
There will also be more punishments handed out once the discipline is implemented, if you want to get that pedantic. That is the way these things go.

I notice you didn't source the original article either, btw.

But if you want to equate lining up with physical punishment then I'm not sure there's any value to discussion

Penrith fan

Juniors
Its the breakdown of modern society really that is the issue.

And it has got to such a state that the school system is unworkable.

A little bit of discipline here and punishment if you don't reach accepted standards will help enormously.

colly

Juniors
I have always stated that 'torture' should be written into the 'contract' Imagine Monday TV footage session with the players.... Elbow to the head which lead to our defeat... Justice... Player in question gets a elbow to the head.
Sent to the 'sinbin' costing team, then cigarette burns to the heel/foot. I betcha they don't do it again.

Penrith fan

Juniors
I'm not sure wresting the wrestling coach and a cigarette burn to the foot are the same thing but fellas, we are all kind of singing from the same hymn book.

There needs to be a balanced approach to this and that is what both sets of legal teams will try and find out.

dogslife

Coach
I'm sure you're aware that discipline and punishment are actually different words? The Penrith education system isn't that poor surely
What do you think appropriate discipline and/or punishments should be for indiscretions in professional sports from now on?

Ruby Roundhouse

First Grade
The minority of society is going all woke, there are too many snowflakes out there, from all eras and age groups, and organisations are pandering to a minority appeasing the entitled few.

Meanwhile the Oligarchs still own the means of production and steal the money from the working class. They no longer even feign that they care about the working class. Pandering to the elitists.

The education system is full of cultural marxism and students no longer even turn up to university anyway, so our must fundamental sense of community has been destroyed.

But none of that is relevant to whether Jackson was given duty of care by the Bulldogs and what that actually means in the context of a football team.

Every season, each team is flogged 3 or 4 times because someone is late.

Every training session is to physical exhaustion on the verge of breaking people.

There is a fine line of physical pushing players to be great and abuse.

Even your local personal trainer at your local gym does that.

Assault and battery and humiliation. You would need to have been there to really know.

THE NRL will settle out of court to make it go away.

7esl2r.jpg

Penrith fan

Juniors
That is a great story book, but the truth is out there.

Long before “fake news” became the calling card of the people who think for themselves, Western Societies had lost faith in their news media. But lately, the feeling that something is off has become impossible to ignore. That’s because the majority of our mainstream news is no longer just liberal; it’s woke. Today’s newsrooms are propagating radical ideas that were fringe as recently as a decade ago, including “antiracism,” intersectionality, open borders, and critical race theory.

The truth is, the moral panic around race, encouraged by today’s elite newsrooms, does little more than consolidate the power of liberal elites and protect their economic interests. And in abandoning the working class by creating a culture war around identity, our national media is undermining democracy.

As for Jackson, Nine reporter Michael Chammas revealed that the following week, Braidon Burns found himself in a similar situation and had no issue with the punishment from the Bulldogs.

soc123_au

Staff member
Brydans association with the Tigers about to pay off, all the players that didn't quite make it will be lining up and the Tigers have had plenty of those.

Brydans association with the Tigers about to pay off, all the players that didn't quite make it will be lining up and the Tigers have had plenty of those.
If you are a first grader then the Tigers let you go.
If you’re not quite good enough you’ll become a tigers legend
If you’re proper rubbish the tigers cut you

Bazal

Post Whore
should harden up imo

back in my day we didn't drink water

f**ken manly men drink nothing but BEER and none of that poncy stuff f**ken VB ONLY and only f**ken soft cocks get heat stroke back in my day we had to walk 37 hours a day through LAVA to get to F**KEN SCHOOL these leftist youngsters need to go to the SCHOOL OF F**KEN HARD KNOCKS but I'm scared of vaccines

Desert Qlder

First Grade
I'm struggling to believe trainers would deny players water. It doesn't make a great deal of sense. But the veracity of such a claim will be tested I guess.

Iamback

Coach
I'm struggling to believe trainers would deny players water. It doesn't make a great deal of sense. But the veracity of such a claim will be tested I guess.

The same club had a player die not long after, So it is plausible but as you said court will decide

kurt faulk

Coach

It doesn't make sense when you consider players are on the water bottles all game when playing. What purpose does it serve to deny them water when training?

Not that I'm saying it didn't happen. I don't understand the thinking behind it.

Latest posts