What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Souths

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
The other significant one is kicking game. Must get field position and make opposition start from corners and inside 10/20 area.

Last game was dreadful and left the side up against it the whole game.
I agree Mills that was one of my biggest gripes against your mob on the weekend mate....kicking to corners were none existent as I mentioned in my comments..........Hunt especially has this annoying habit of putting it down the fullbacks throat.....tbh except for an occassional 40/20 and a Lomax snare his kicking game is shit

Keeps picking the same side expecting different results.

The only way you're getting rid of Bird is through injury. Flanno would drop Kyle before he dropped Bird.
Mary was Marketo
Griffin was Norman
Flanagan is Bird

Not one of these players really has/had a lot to contribute aside playing a boring role the coach wanted. Any positives Bird has he ruins with his discipline and general lack of agility. He is depth at best but this is the Dragons.

justadragon

Bench
Mary was Marketo
Griffin was Norman
Flanagan is Bird

Not one of these players really has/had a lot to contribute aside playing a boring role the coach wanted. Any positives Bird has he ruins with his discipline and general lack of agility. He is depth at best but this is the Dragons.
Not only that mate, I think Flanno said Bird has his best years ahead of him,

Rocket Rod

Juniors
You're a brave man/woman(?) Rocket Rod!
Don’t get me wrong Ralph I love women but in this day and age of political correctness this sport does not fit for women refs as the players are ostracized if they talk back to them compared to men officiating. Let’s face it there’s lots of testosterone out there it just doesn’t fit in with women refs. Also imo they can’t read the game anywhere like men do

since77

Juniors
Don’t get me wrong Ralph I love women but in this day and age of political correctness this sport does not fit for women refs as the players are ostracized if they talk back to them compared to men officiating. Let’s face it there’s lots of testosterone out there it just doesn’t fit in with women refs. Also imo they can’t read the game anywhere like men do
I've got an open mind about women referees in the NRL. If they're good enough they should get the chance to show off their talents and participate in the game.
Watching the footage from the Tigers game on the weekend gave me pause for the first time. Firstly some of those meathead neanderthal players are already starting to push the envelope with how they behave when the referee is female. I worry that a full scale brawl would be very hard to handle for a female referee. Imagine if she got in the middle trying to break something up and god forbid she took an accidental shot from a player. That would not be good.
BTW Klemmer should have been sent off and suspended after not leaving the field immediately after being sin binned. What a grub.

Dragon David

First Grade
Well the stage is set once again. We face the South Sydney Rabbitohs who have been more than dreadful so far this year so much so that their head coach got the bullet without a whimper and only after 8 rounds at that. Our former half back hero Ben Hornby is now the one to pilot the Bunnies for the rest of the year - win, lose or draw he will keep the seat warm until Sir Wayne Bennett (as rumoured) will again coach the club from 2025. If it is going to be Bennett for the next 5 years (a period too long in my opinion), he will be looking at who to sign up, who to re-sign and who to be axed. He will have some dialogue with Hornby leading up to the end of the season and will have the whips cracking for the off season training.

The team has quite a few out injured but while the club is not known as the Foxes, they are a cunning lot nevertheless when it comes to them playing the Dragons. They just love playing us and a win over us will make the poor previous form of no concern to them. Their concern is to beat us and how often do we see a bottom of the table team beat us and quite convincingly?

Flanno has lost two on the trot now and having 80 points scored against them in those two matches it is obvious that our defence is terrible. All the media coverage has been Souths this and Souths that with Latrell returning who makes things tougher for us as he can get the players to lift. We will start favourites but will we win as favourites or will we capitulate and just look forward to the bye in round 11?

dungay dragon

Juniors
Well the stage is set once again. We face the South Sydney Rabbitohs who have been more than dreadful so far this year so much so that their head coach got the bullet without a whimper and only after 8 rounds at that. Our former half back hero Ben Hornby is now the one to pilot the Bunnies for the rest of the year - win, lose or draw he will keep the seat warm until Sir Wayne Bennett (as rumoured) will again coach the club from 2025. If it is going to be Bennett for the next 5 years (a period too long in my opinion), he will be looking at who to sign up, who to re-sign and who to be axed. He will have some dialogue with Hornby leading up to the end of the season and will have the whips cracking for the off season training.

The team has quite a few out injured but while the club is not known as the Foxes, they are a cunning lot nevertheless when it comes to them playing the Dragons. They just love playing us and a win over us will make the poor previous form of no concern to them. Their concern is to beat us and how often do we see a bottom of the table team beat us and quite convincingly?

Flanno has lost two on the trot now and having 80 points scored against them in those two matches it is obvious that our defence is terrible. All the media coverage has been Souths this and Souths that with Latrell returning who makes things tougher for us as he can get the players to lift. We will start favourites but will we win as favourites or will we capitulate and just look forward to the bye in round 11?
The last start form line for us isnt too bad
Our D against the Sharks overall was ok
Our attack , thanks mainly to shit direction and kicking game from the Skipper cost us any genuine hope of Victory and upsetting the competition leaders on their home ground
This week we are at Home
Have Suli back and possibly Luch
If our kicking game is at least 50% better than last week , we can mount concerted pressure on a struggling and inexperienced Bunnies out fit
Keep the ball away from Mitchell and make him frustrated with in your face defence
If we start fast and get points on the board early we may put a decent score on the Rabbits....
Time to try n stay positive guys
Even thou we have suffered some heavy defats we are still 4 wins 5 losses
Given that at the start of the season we would ve grabbed it with open arms

Dribble&Yarn

Juniors

I think we've defended much better this season (in the games with Eisenhuth at lock, before anyone jumps down my throat). I definitely think we've had some terrible defensive games, however it's no coincidence our wins have coincided with Eisenhuth playing well

dungay dragon

Juniors
I think we've defended much better this season (in the games with Eisenhuth at lock, before anyone jumps down my throat). I definitely think we've had some terrible defensive games, however it's no coincidence our wins have coincided with Eisenhuth playing well
Dribbles
Hes got to get the interchange mix right
JDB and Eisy are our best two defenders
At least one has to be on the field to do all the mopping up from our other lazy forwards
When they are both sitting down we look terribly weak up the middle

maestro1

Bench
Mary was Marketo
Griffin was Norman
Flanagan is Bird

Bird needs to stop slowing his play the ball by constantly holding the defender and then protesting and the ref keeps telling him that he is milking/ holding. If he gets up and plays the ball quickly, we roll further upfield coming off our line. The refs rarely, rarely, rarely give him a penalty if at all. Get up and play the ball quickly you fxcking moron

since77

Juniors
Bird needs to stop slowing his play the ball by constantly holding the defender and then protesting and the ref keeps telling him that he is milking/ holding. If he gets up and plays the ball quickly, we roll further upfield coming off our line. The refs rarely, rarely, rarely give him a penalty if at all. Get up and play the ball quickly you fxcking moron
Bird isn't very smart is he? The refs are constantly telling him he's milking or holding on to the markers but he keeps doing it. Us Dargons (that's how we're spelling it now right?) really know how to attract the dumbest players......