What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Rumours Thread

shiloh dc

Juniors
MMM - 6 of one - half dozen of the other. Things to like - things not to like.
Has too many mistakes in his game and his positional play was off especially in defence.
We already have this type of player - Sloan.
I will concede that he kept trying right to the very end.

Clarkent

Juniors
MMM - 6 of one - half dozen of the other. Things to like - thing not to like.
Has too many mistakes in his game.
Those mistakes are expected from a 19 year old on his first game at fullback. Remember the Broncos did the same gameplan against the young Raiders flb a few weeks ago and he buckled at every moment. Talagi showed glimpses of his potential but also showed his inexperience too. The next 4 weeks is going to be interesting while Gutho is out

Parko1310

Juniors
MMM - 6 of one - half dozen of the other. Things to like - things not to like.
Has too many mistakes in his game and his positional play was off especially in defence.
Yeah I actually think Armstrong is a better target for us than Talagi. We're re-signing Sloan, he's a work in progress, but has shown improvement in areas he really needed to fix up this year. Talagi, whilst talented, will end up a fullback most likely, and he'd be a 6 most likely at our club where I don't think he'll be that effective. It's probably a waste unless you're willing to put the work in to develop him at the back, which is what we're doing with Sloan already. Armstrong can cover fullback and wing, whilst genuinely creating competition for Sloan and keeping him honest in his performances week to week. Better than Corey Allan too who will be there, but maybe we use him more as centre coverage or just let him leave early to england like Paul Turner

Willow

Assistant Moderator

Gardenia

Juniors
Saints need to chase guys like Illias and Blaize Talagi. They are no chance of landing any NRL experienced marquee players so should target potential junior marquees. Blaize would be a great swap for Lomax. Illias with Hunt at hooker or 5/8 would be a good step in the right direction. KFlanno to 14 or hooker. Let Blaze get is 1 season experience at the Eels and capitalise on it next season as this kid looks like a gun. They should also go the Canberra guy Trey Mooney.

Before they do this need a recruitment guy if Millard is not well. WTF? If he has been out and we are in round 10 then what are they waiting for in terms of getting such an important role for a club in place. This is just a great example of how poor the club is run. The mighty Dargons....
I agree but Talagi is just a kid hes only 19. I dont see him leaving his junior club so young. I think we would just get used to bump up his salary at the eels if anything. Talagis agent is I think also Arthurs agent :( Oh I just read let him get experience at the eels then go for him. Probably a good idea and time to look if he really is a longterm talent. Hopefully Parra only sign him for 1 year not lock him up for many. Sorry to hear Millard is not well. Gosh dont replace with Harran please. Surely there is someone else ?

Gardenia

Juniors
Walk into the Steelers Club and rejoice at what’s on offer with a permanent move from Kogarah to Wollongong.

It certainly has moved with the times and provides every modern facility a big name club needs unlike the TAJ.

The place is a f**king joke and despite us having 2 homes and theoretically 2 clubs there aren’t even reciprocal rights between them.
Yeah I have gone into the steelers club. Sorry but its a small dark miserable place with no identity of the dragons at all to speak of in there.

Gardenia

Juniors
About to watch the warrington wolves vs hull. I honestly think there team would carve us up on paper which is a scary thought. George williams can control the game better then Hunt and Dufty vs Sloan is a toss of the coin. Debelin will join them next year
well good luck to him if he does and I mean that sincerely.

One thing on difficulty in recruitment though. If its because we are so unattractive and "nothing" to do with certain clubs being cashed up and possibly borderline dodgy. Then why would Penrith the most likely to win a premiership miss out on a gun player to the Rorters???
The other thing is that Melbourne and Penrith have been better than Easts for the last 5 years despite not signing big name players, and losing big name players to Easts. Development is way more important than recruitment.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
The Roosters are housing an apartment load of the best juniors somewhere near Kensington.

The NRL should audit what these kids are being paid. I would be fascinated to know?

What about a journo do a story one it - not one would dare!
Perhaps like the Bulldogs and Peter Moore, once Uncle Nic shuffles off the extent of deals and, if any, untoward practices will be revealed

dragonfire

Bench
One thing on difficulty in recruitment though. If its because we are so unattractive and "nothing" to do with certain clubs being cashed up and possibly borderline dodgy. Then why would Penrith the most likely to win a premiership miss out on a gun player to the Rorters???
Didnt offer him a car? On talent alone Roosters should be close to winning the premiership with the players they have have been able to get together

Anon

Bench
Its only Danny Weidler but...

Dolphin watching

Here is an odd one. Jake Averillo’s name keeps being mentioned at clubs other than the Dolphins, where he has a long-term contract. Averillo was a big signing for the club and it makes little sense he could be on the move. But the rumour mill has the centre linked to the Dragons, who are looking to replace Parramatta-bound Zac Lomax. It may just be a whisper, but it’s worth keeping an eye on.