What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Inaugural TFR Forum Sevens Awards Presentation

The Backpacker

Juniors
This forum is dedicated to our inaugural TFR Sevens Awards. In an attempt to get everyone involved, we've put up threads and polls so you can vote and nominate award recipients for four of the awards. Please use your democratic right. :D

If you have any questions regarding anything - see Willow. :lol: :lol: :lol: Seriously, ask any questions and we'll attempt to answer them for you.

The Awards night is set down for Saturday 25th October, 3 days after the Grand Final.

The categories are:

Forum Sevens Captain of the Year (decided by the referees)
Forum Sevens Referee of the Year (decided by the captains)
Rookie of the year (decided by referees)
Best individual score of the year
Best team score of the year
Most valuable players of the year (one from each team and decided by the captains)
Most Improved Forummer of the Year (Decided by nominations from the players and then the top six fowarded to referees for vote)
Most Controversial Forummer of the Year (Decided by nominations from the players and then the top six fowarded to referees for vote)
Most Improved Team of the year (Decided by poll)
The Peoples choice Post of the Year (Decided by nominations from all registered posters from which the top six are taken to a poll and voted for by you)

The Grand Finalists:

The Forum Sevens 2003 Runners Up
The Forum Sevens 2003 Premiers

The Backpacker

Juniors
Just to annoy you all, I'm sending each of the players a PM, so no one can say they didn't know about these. :D However, it's time consuming and I'm only through the easts, penrith and Parradogs teams so far. With one or two others. So you can all wait with anticipation. :roll: Glad to see some responses already.

Anonymous

Juniors
I've sent an email to all the admins to tell them to get in with their nominations. IMO, the whole of TFR forums should be invited to have a read and offer a vote/nomination.

btw BP, JGG is looking into a patch that will allow for secret ballots. *Fingers crossed*

The Backpacker

Juniors
Willow said:
I've sent an email to all the admins to tell them to get in with their nominations. IMO, the whole of TFR forums should be invited to have a read and offer a vote/nomination.

btw BP, JGG is looking into a patch that will allow for secret ballots. *Fingers crossed*

It's up to you guys whether everyone should be able to nominate for the most improved and most contraversial. I've got no issues with it. I was just wanting it so the players had some involvement in these as we wouldn't have a game without all the players. I can change it - no worries. Don't want to alienate anybody. :D

I hope the Jolly Green Giant can come to the party. It would be good to be able to hide the votes results a few days out. Adds to the event on the night. :lol:

The Backpacker

Juniors
Penelope Pittstop said:
Well done BP !!

Darling, Willow has saved me from a life of debauchery with these. :lol: Idle fingers and all... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Theres one eye on the TV at the moment. Go the Storm. :shock: ;-) :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
So the trial matches (I'm guessing you mean the pre-season matches at rleague in late 2002/early 2003, the Donovan Cup etc) count as this season? What about round 1 (the only round) of the 2003 season played at rleague?

For example, in my case, I didn't participate in the 2002 season at rleague, but I played pre-season games in 2003, I played in the first round of the season at rleague, I played at forumsevens.tk, and I've played here, and I believe I've been a member of 4 different teams, although I've actually only made about 6 posts. How do you define a season when the 2003 season has been stopped and restarted so many times?

I'm assuming you will count as a rookie anyone who didn't participate in the 2002 season at rleague? If so, how will you know who did and who didn't?

Anonymous

Juniors
Thierry Henry said:
So the trial matches (I'm guessing you mean the pre-season matches at rleague in late 2002/early 2003, the Donovan Cup etc) count as this season? What about round 1 (the only round) of the 2003 season played at rleague?

For example, in my case, I didn't participate in the 2002 season at rleague, but I played pre-season games in 2003, I played in the first round of the season at rleague, I played at forumsevens.tk, and I've played here, and I believe I've been a member of 4 different teams, although I've actually only made about 6 posts. How do you define a season when the 2003 season has been stopped and restarted so many times?

I'm assuming you will count as a rookie anyone who didn't participate in the 2002 season at rleague? If so, how will you know who did and who didn't?
LOL.. these are hard core questions. ;-)
In simple terms, a rookie is a person playing in their first year.... that is, they didnt play a game last year.

As for knowing who did and who didnt... well we can only go on the nicknames and how long that nick has been posting for.

Collateral

Coach
Willow said:
a rookie is a person playing in their first year.... that is, they didnt play a game last year.

So, for example: I am not a Rookie because I played 1 game At the Red V's during the season at Rleague when it all fell apart?

When you say last year...do you mean the last season at Rleague or the season before that...if there was one. :? :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
Well if you played a Forum Sevens game last year, then you're not a rookie this year.
Is there another definition?

Anonymous

Juniors
So you're counting all of the post 2002 grand-final turmoil, at all the sites, as one big season?

Fair enough, that's the easiest way to do it.

Wouldn't 90% of the people here be rookies then?

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm not certain, but I have a feeling that some of the pre-season matches for 2003 at rleague were actually played around November/December 2002?

This is far too confusing :lol:

Anonymous

Juniors
I'm not aware of any grand final matches at rleague in 2003.

Hows this..? if you played Forums Sevens after 31 December 2002, then you are a rookie. :lol:

Is there rear exit from this room...?
;-)

The Backpacker

Juniors
Willow said:
I'm not aware of any grand final matches at rleague in 2003.

Hows this..? if you played Forums Sevens after 31 December 2002, then you are a rookie. :lol:

Is there rear exit from this room...?
;-)

Shall I change it to '2003 Rookie of the Year' and add a note *Only players playing their first game after Dec 31st 2002, eligible.

I'm pretty sure Captains are aware who are rookies and who aren't and will let the refs know if theres any confusion on their part. :D

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Basically if you played a game in the 2002 GF before the GF between Balmain and Easts then you aren't a rookie. All others are.

Latest posts