What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Convert RLWC & International games to DVD (was: 2000 World Cup - A Request)

Misanthrope

Staff member
Just wondering if anyone here had any (or all, heh) of the 2000 World Cup on video or DVD? I'd be willing to pay a reasonable amount to get my hands on any or all of the tournament on DVD.

screeny

Bench
I think I must be one of the very, very, very few people in the world with a video of the NZ v Tonga 1995WC thriller in Warrington.

Corbin

Juniors
Is it possible to like 'upload' the tape onto the computer and host it somewhere?

The Observer

Staff member
I have the following game on tape:
RLWC 2000 opener - England vs Australia, Twickers
England vs Fiji Highlights - maybe??

Ireland vs Samoa - Belfast
France vs PNG (Highlights only)

Wales vs Lebanon
Wales vs NZ
Lebanon vs Cook Islands (Highlights only)

RLWC Quarter Finals
Australia vs Samoa
England vs Ireland

RLWC 2000 Final Australia vs NZ,
RLWC 1995 Final Aus vs England (highlights only)

Corbin, I also have a number of rep games since 1997-2002.

If I can convert these games from VHS to MPEG/AVI format, or if someone is willing to do it/get it done, then I can make copies and send them on. I'm intending to convert them eventually, might take a little while.

The Observer

Staff member
Is there someone on this board that is willing to convert, or can arrange to convert, RLWC and other international games from VHS to digital format (i.e. MPEG/AVI)? MPEG/AVI can be burned to DVD.

Possible solutions listed in the thread Converting games from VHS to DVD

JasonE

Bench
screeny said:
I think I must be one of the very, very, very few people in the world with a video of the NZ v Tonga 1995WC thriller in Warrington.

I've got that one as well, on dvd. I've got stacks of games from 1995 and 2000 WC's. I can convert all of my tapes to dvd it's just finding time to do it.

carlnz

Bench
JasonE said:
I've got that one as well, on dvd. I've got stacks of games from 1995 and 2000 WC's. I can convert all of my tapes to dvd it's just finding time to do it.

If you could or do, how much would you charge?

deluded pom?

Coach
screeny said:

Is that the full game screeny ? I have the highlights as broadcast on B.B.C. I think I also have all of the 2000 WC games that were broadcast either on Sky or the B.B.C. somewhere . Sky also had a highlights programme from the 2000 WC that showed the games that were played in France .

Balmain_Boy

We just got a DVD recorder. When I figure out how to do it I'd be happy to burn International footy (only) to DVD for people.

AlbertRosenfeld

Juniors
Has it occurred to people here that making available the VHS or DVDs of the 1995 and 2000 World Cups, on a commercial basis, should be the responsibility of the Rugby League International Federation? Yet this entity hasn't even got a website, and does not even exist as a permanent structure.

For now all we have that is worth anything on a permanent basis is the Rugby League European Federation, and this task is probably outside its mandate and resources.

Making available highlights of 1995 and 2000 would be a clever way to promote 2008. But the ARL has not even thought of it.

I would like to think of a way that we fellow internationalists on this website could band together to do something together, to get the ARL off its fat backsides to make videos available and generally promote 2008.

Meanwhile all we can do is share what we have. However I feel like JasonE, that it is very time consuming for me to do all these tape transfers (I have some from 1995 and 2000).

Incidentally France vs PNG highlights in 2000 was great. And the semi final of 1995 Australia vs New Zealand was a cracker.

Micistm

Bench
Makes you wonder why classic games aren't available to buy on DVD. Last years Tri-Series is something most Kiwis would like- Highlights package plus full final- And World Cup campaigns etc. I emailed NZRL suggesting that, but got no reply. After all, if they're prepared to put out Souvenir books of the occasion, why not DVDs?

Pig Champion

Juniors
I've got most of the 2000 WC games on VHS (including the French ones except the PNG game). Tapes not the best (had been recorded on a fair bit). I'm gonna record them to DVD. Sorry can't do it for others but I'll pass on the tapes after i've finished, I'll let you know when I'm done (don't hold your breath).

List of games
Final aust v NZ
SF Eng v NZ
SF Wales v Aust
QF Aust v Samoa
QF Eng v Ireland
QF Wales v PNG
QF France v NZ
Scot v maori
Cook Is v lebanese
Aust v Fiji
Eng v Russia
Scot v Samoa
Wales v Lebanon
Eng v Fiji
Aust v Russia
Wales v NZ
France v SA (edited version as per foxsports)
France v Tonga (as above)
Eng v Aust
NZ v lebanese
Wales v Cook Is
Irel. v Maori
Maori v Samoa

Some games weren't shown (Russia v Fiji, the french group without France).