What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Flabbit - a brilliant hoax

Does anyone remember it??!!!

Back in the mid 80's some bloke claimed to have discovered a new creature in Australia (in the forests around Kurrajong from memory) that was a cross between a rabbit and a bird, essentially a rabbit with wings. He had "photos" which ran in the newspapers, and it was the top headline story on the news for a week.

Of course it was found to be a fraud a week later, but everyone fell for it hook, line and sinker. Seems astoundingly ridiculous to think that all the media and the public as a whole could be so gullible.

I've googled but can't find any pics.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Bring back John Fifita said:
Does anyone remember it??!!!

Back in the mid 80's some bloke claimed to have discovered a new creature in Australia (in the forests around Kurrajong from memory) that was a cross between a rabbit and a bird, essentially a rabbit with wings. He had "photos" which ran in the newspapers, and it was the top headline story on the news for a week.

Of course it was found to be a fraud a week later, but everyone fell for it hook, line and sinker. Seems astoundingly ridiculous to think that all the media and the public as a whole could be so gullible.

I've googled but can't find any pics.

Naivety has been a staple of humankind as far as I can recall!

Remember the 'war of the worlds'?

:lol:

Azkatro

First Grade
Eelementary said:
Naivety has been a staple of humankind as far as I can recall!

Remember the 'war of the worlds'?

:lol:
I remember reading about it but I wasn't alive in the 30's to remember the event as such