What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dezolt's future still undecided

Tigertread

Juniors
0,3600,291208,00.jpg
UNCERTAINTY ... Paul Dezolt is looking to hook up with a Queensland Cup feeder club to enhance his chances of returning to the NRL.
HE may have captained Italy and scored the match-winning try in a recent Test match but Paul Dezolt is still uncertain about where he will be playing rugby league next season.
However, Dezolt is hopeful he will be heading to a Queensland Cup feeder club with direct links to the National Rugby League next season after holding preliminary talks with two such clubs in recent weeks.
The 25-year-old hooker was told he was not required at the North Queensland Cowboys for season 2004 and although the original scenario facing him looked grim with most NRL squads for next season already finalised, the Ingham product is remaining quietly confident that all has not been lost.
"If I do go to a Queensland Cup team I want it to be a stepping stone for me," Dezolt said.
"I want to get back into the NRL."
In an official Test match between Italy and Greece featuring many NRL and Premier League players in Sydney recently, Dezolt scored the match-winning try with 30 seconds to go to give the Italians a thrilling two-point victory.
"I'll probably never play for Australia but at least I can say I captained my country," he said.
"And the big goal for Italy is the 2005 World Cup."
Dezolt played nine first grade games for the Cowboys throughout the year.

In other Cowboys news, promising young halfback-hooker Steven Goodhew has been given the all-clear to play with the Junior Kangaroos who take on Papua New Guinea in two separate Tests in a fortnight.
After being named as halfback in the 17-man squad, Goodhew had been in some doubt with a hip flexor injury which has plagued him for several months but the 19-year-old was given the green light to play earlier this week.
The Junior Kangaroos will play Papua New Guinea in Darwin on October 15 and Port Moresby on October 19.

Cowboys scholarship holder and Ignatius Park student James Anderson is currently touring New Zealand with the Australian Schoolboys rugby league team who play their second Test match against the Junior Kiwis in Porirua today.
The Australian side defeated New Zealand 14-4 in the first Test in Auckland last Saturday.

North Queensland's Daniel Sorbello also returned from representative duty recently after playing in the Queensland Residents team which took on Western Australia in a one-off match in Perth last Friday.
The Queensland Residents were convincing 46-20 winners with Sorbello scoring a try.
townsville bulletin