What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cricket quiz

Azkatro

First Grade
Well I'm kinda bored so I might try starting a cricket quiz, in the mold of the other threads here. First up ...

Which Australian bowler took 13 wickets, which included a hat-trick spanning across three overs and two innings, against the West Indies at the WACA in the second test of the 1988-89 series (December 2-6)?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I've got a question

Name the top three cricketers in the world that have played in the most wins in test cricket?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm gonna guess and say Clive Lloyd, Steve Waugh and some other West Indian.

Azkatro

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
I've got a question

Name the top three cricketers in the world that have played in the most wins in test cricket?

Steve Waugh, Mark Waugh, Viv Richards is my guess.

Azkatro

First Grade
Woohoo!

OK next one... In 1956, Australia were murdered by English off-spinner Jim Laker at Old Trafford when he took 9/37 in the first innings and 10/53 in the second, making a total of 19 wickets in the match. WHO took the other wicket for England?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Azkatro said:
Woohoo!

OK next one... In 1956, Australia were murdered by English off-spinner Jim Laker at Old Trafford when he took 9/37 in the first innings and 10/53 in the second, making a total of 19 wickets in the match. WHO took the other wicket for England?

No idea, but Ill take a guess

Tony Lock, the only the other English I know who played in that era.

Azkatro

First Grade
PARRA_FAN said:
No idea, but Ill take a guess

Tony Lock, the only the other English I know who played in that era.

Pffft... lucky guess :p

England won the test by an innings and 170 runs, and it was the first result between the sides at Old Trafford since 1905. Jim Laker took 11 wickets in the third test too, which England won by an innings and 42 runs (be a while before we see that happening again!)

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Throughout the whole 1999/00 Test Season including home and away series, Which batsman scored 856 runs at an average of 77.82 and had scores of: (in order)

96, 51, 1, 105*, 31, 0, 0, 0, 197, 125, 21 ,67, 21*, 141*

Hint: This batsman made his test debut against Sri Lanka.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Too easy Ricky Ponting.He scored 197 at Perth I think against Pakistan after coming off 3 consecutive ducks, the last one being that unbelievable win in the second test against the Pakis at Hobart. Langer racked up a ton with punter too in that Perth test I think.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
ask me something about the National show dog jumping trials in Scotland-That should get the job done. :lol: :lol:

Alright next question.

Who are the only 2 Test cricketers to play test cricket for and against australia?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
ah yes just a warm up question really-I know it's your turn and all but I have one more and I don't know If I'll ever get to ask it so here it is-there is one batsmen whose Test batting average is higher than Bradmans, who is he and what's his average?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
AE Trott, the bloke I mentioned

Im not sure what his average was, but when he played for Australia his average was about 101, then when he played for England it went down to around about 35. So in terms of highest average for who played test cricket for Australia he has the highest.

The reason Bradman is on top of the list is because its an all-time list.
He only played for Australia in his career, while Trott played for both England and Australia.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your on fire junior-I've got no ideas for a good question at the moment-so hows about you hit us with one eh?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Which Australian holds the record for the most runs on an Ashes Tour without playing a test on tour?

Latest posts