What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Conn Signs with Titans

PARANoIR

Bench
Conn to become 23rd Titan

Emerging NRL player Daniel Conn this afternoon became the latest signing for the Gold Coast Titans.

The 20 year old has signed a 3 year contract with the club in an attempt to give himself the best possible chance of becoming a regular first grade player in the NRL.

Titans Coach John Cartwright said, “Daniel has played NSW residents for the past 2 years and he debuted in first grade in round 11 in 2005. He’s been held back by injury but unfortunately for him, he is in a pack with 6 State Of Origin players in front of him and therefore doesn’t see a pathway through to the NRL, so he’s happy to come and have a crack with us.”

Conn has played for New South Wales under 17’s and under 19’s and meets all of the criteria on and off the field that Coach Cartwright is looking for in the players already signed.

“He’s a good style of a fellow and he’s a very similar build to David Gillespie when he first appeared on the scene,”

said Cartwright. “He’s just over 6ft and 105kilos and he’s certainly well built. I’ve watched him play and for a kid who’s 20, he’s achieved a lot in the game already.”
Titans management also confirmed that it had advised Player Manager Chris Orr that the club had pulled out of the race to sign Bulldogs Nate Myles.

Titans Managing Director Michael Searle said, “We wish him all the best for the immediate future. We are sure whatever decision he makes will be the right one for he and his family.”

aqua_duck

Coach
I know the bloke personally and he's got a very good head on his shoulders, doesn't really go out and stuff like that, trains hard, and spends most of his spare time working (use to work in a gym), or training

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Sounds like a good young player.
2 spots left in the Titans team! :crazy:Who do you think will get them? I think that they need another winger in their, Joven Clarke? Another half is probably needed aswell, Greg Bird?

j0rd0_ShArKs

Juniors
novacastrian_panther said:
Sounds like a good young player.
2 spots left in the Titans team! :crazy:Who do you think will get them? I think that they need another winger in their, Joven Clarke? Another half is probably needed aswell, Greg Bird?

Greg Bird?Half? i think he is definately not a half

he is re-signed with the sharks for a few more years yet

Sharkie™

Juniors
make that 3 more years and if they were to sign him as a half i would be pissing myself. his place is as a second rower.

Mitchsu Danger

Juniors
Maybe u should look at Jermaine Ale from the Raiders?
Big centre/winger. He was a machine at the Roosters then went to the Raiders and they screwed him over. Definately needs a change and the GC might just be it.

les amber

Juniors
Must be modelling opptunities in the GC, Conn cant play.
His defence is ordinary, and his runs ineffective. The Dogs wont be too concerned to lose him

Dragons_#1

Bench
he played in 5/8th for Kings first 15 and also in GPS.... his ball skills are amazing also his defence can be built up to first grade standard... great oppurtunity for the young bloke!

Jo Ryan

Juniors
If possible try Matt Hilder would definately fit the vacant cap. Don't think his signed with Cronulla as yet, still on market. Great solid player can play various positions better value than Nate Myles more experienced. ;-)

Mase

Juniors
This guy has a heap of potential, take it from a doggies fan when we lost him i was devastated.