What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos V St Helens match thread

Jono078

Referee
Broncos name full-strength squad for Carnegie World Club Challenge

MONDAY - 12th February 2007

Brisbane Broncos have named a full-strength squad for the Carnegie World Club Challenge against engage Super League champions St Helens at Bolton’s Reebok Stadium on 23rd February, kick-off 8pm.
The squad will be lead by Australia skipper and 2006 international player of the year Darren Lockyer.

Broncos coach Wayne Bennett has named 14 members of last season’s Grand Final-winning line-up in his 18-man squad, plus New Zealand international Tame Tupou, winger Steve Michaels, hooker Michael Ennis and utility Greg Eastwood.
The Broncos leave Australia on Tuesday and will play a warm-up match against Celtic Crusaders in Bridgend on Thursday night (15th February) before heading to Manchester.
The Broncos have revealed they will use a revolutionary new playing kit in the Carnegie World Club Challenge.

The lighter jersey features a tacky grip panel on the upper arm area to help players hold the ball while the shorts feature a chamois panel at the rear to allow players to wipe their hands.

Brisbane Broncos squad for Carnegie World Club Challenge:
Darren Lockyer (captain)
Shaun Berrigan
Darius Boyd
Dane Carlaw
Tonie Carroll
Petero Civoniceva
Greg Eastwood
Michael Ennis
Ben Hannant
Justin Hodges
Karmichael Hunt
Steve Michaels
Corey Parker
Shane Perry
Brent Tate
Sam Thaiday
Brad Thorn
Tame Tupou

http://superleague.co.uk/news/4519

Broncos heading over with a pretty strong team.

I'll go with Broncos 34-20 :)

lockyno1

Post Whore
If Tupou plays we will lose. I really don't care if we win but as long as we escape without any injuries.

renouf

Juniors
Broncos by 40ish... put to bed that whole crap about the UK league competing with the NRL

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
It'll be 2C, rock hard pitch, Saints by a few. Though they haven't started the season like they finished it, so the Ponies have a chance.

fourplay

Juniors
Well it looks like the Broncos are taking this very serious... full strength squad + a trial game + Lockyer declaring they are fitter than ever for this time of year.

mxlegend99

Referee
Broncos are probably my least favourite team in the comp... but IMO that team will win by atleast 20+.

It's a very good looking squad... i didn't expect them to get so much of their line-up playing.