What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

STATE OF ORIGIN (2007) NSW v QLD

Willow

Assistant Moderator
F7s STATE OF ORIGIN 2007
New South Wales Blues v Queensland Maroons
---------CAPTAINS---------
NSW.gif
Queensland.gif

----gorilla---V---Pistol----​

• This is a game thread only, therefore only game-related posts can be made here. Any other posts may result in loss of points and is at the discretion of the referee.
• Captains must post their entire team (including reserves) before posting and only those players listed may play this round.
• Only original essays, not used in previous games, will be marked by referees.

REP Match rules:
7 posts per team.
Teams allowed 3 reserves each.
Total (including reserves): 10 players per team.
Rules of play: http://f7s.leagueunlimited.com/rules.asp
Full Time: THURSDAY 14 JUNE at 9:00PM (SYD TIME)
Venue: The Front Row Stadium
ground_tfr_1.jpg

REFEREE: The Colonel
**Referee Blows Game On!**

G

gorilla

The Captains of NSW and Qld have agreed to extend the closing time for the match until 9.00 pm Thursday 14th June 2007, to accommodate the smaller, pale imitation SOO match on Wednesday night.

For the information of Referees and their Guests.

G

gorilla

The smell of linament and the sense of occasion mingle and become an overbearing responsibility for the Blues to carry on from their 2006 victory.

The crowd at the Front Row Stadium rises and roars its overwhelming approval as the Blues run out onto the field to warm up; passing, weaving, flattening tackle bags and testing the wind with high spiralling up-and-unders.

Gutsy, unadorned and ready - the steely gaze replaced by something harder and fiercer than the crowd has witnessed before.

Run-on
gorilla (c)
Willow
eloquentEEL
Black Kitty
byrne_rovelli_fan82
Waken
Steel Dragon

Bench
Dodger
Prince Charles
TBA

Pistol

Coach
Running onto the field, heads held high, logo's proudly embroidered on a glorious Maroon jersey, the QUEENSLANDERS are ready for battle

Pistol (c)
Big Mick (co pilot)
madunit
LeagueNut
Locky Jr
Mr Fahrenheit
broncoman

Reserves

griffo346
TBA
TBA

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
madunit for the maroons, runs straight at Willow and drops a Janome on his foot.:cool:

Roll Call

Teacher: Welcome to school everyone. Time for the roll call. First up, Anderson?
Anderson: Am I still here?
Teacher: Pardon?
Anderson: I’m not really here am I? I’m sure I sold my spot in this class.
Teacher: Who did you sell it to?
Anderson: Whoever was interested. I didn’t want it. I like selling things.
Teacher: How much did you sell it for?
Anderson: Who cares? The main thing is I sold it.
Teacher: Fair enough. Bellamy? Oh there you are, right up the front here as usual.
Bellamy: I did all of my homework sir
Teacher: That’s very good.
Bellamy: I also did all of my assignments for the year sir.
Teacher: Stop gloating, we all know you’re perfect. Next, Bennett?
Bennett: Mumble
Teacher: Was that Wayne?
Bennett: Maybe it was.
Teacher: I’ll take that as a yes. Brown? Where is Nathan Brown? Oh I see, he’s still in the sick bay. Cartwright? Where did he go?
Cartwright: Here I am, I was up the front there, but Hasler took my seat. Can I have it back now?
Hasler: No, get your own.
Cartwright: But that was my seat. I had to borrow this seat from Wayne.
Teacher: All right children, settle down.
Cartwright: I didn’t do anything.
Teacher: That explains why Hasler took your seat. Now, next is Cleary.
Cleary: Yeh, U’m stull here (holds up crossed fingers).
Teacher: You’re not from New Zealand, what’s with the accent?
Cleary: Ah need to kip on the good side of the fins and the minigmint over here.
Teacher: I don’t even know what you said then.
Cleary: I must be getting good at this kiwi accent.
Teacher: I got that though, needs more work Ivan. Next is Elliott?
Elliott: I’m there, I mean where. Oh sorry, I mean here. Next week I may be there though.
Teacher: Where?
Elliott: Who?
Teacher: What?
Elliott: Huh?
Teacher: Never mind. Folkes?
Folkes: I think I’m still here, I haven’t heard anything otherwise yet.
Teacher: I thought the principal was going to expel you after that incident with his cheque book and his daughter?
Folkes: That’s absolute nonsense. I haven’t heard of anything about that at all.
I can’t understand why people start ridiculous rumours like this for.
Teacher: Sorry. Hagan?
Hagan: Here.
Teacher: What are you doing sitting up here? Usually you sit over there behind that baby Kangaroo doll of yours. Where has that gone?
Hagan: I broke it.
Teacher: Oh ok. You need to be more careful with your favourite toys.
Hagan: I know, I got a new one and already it has a big crack on the bottom of it.
Teacher: (shakes head) Okay, is Hasler here?
Hasler: (Raises hand) here here here here here!
Teacher: okay okay, I got you Dessie. Henry?
Classroom: Who is he?
Henry: (in a very quiet voice) Here.
Teacher: (looks around room) Did anyone here that?
Classroom: I didn’t hear anything.
Henry: (In a less quiet voice) Here!
Teacher: Oh there you are, you’re a quiet little fella aren’t you?
Henry: Leave me alone please.
Teacher: Okay. Next, lets see, Murray?
Murray: I’m here….and here….I wish I wasn’t over here though, can I just stay over there?
Teacher: Yes, that’s fine. Okay next, Sheens?
Sheens: (throws a duster at the teacher) I’m not here (laughs)
Teacher: Where are you then Tim?
Sheens: (points at Bennett) that’s Sheens (giggles)
Teacher: No Tim, that’s Wayne.
Sheens: I farted (giggles again)
Teacher: At least you’re having fun. Smith? (Teacher looks up) Smith, get out from behind that cupboard.
Smith: Okay.
Teacher: Alright. Stuart?
Smith: Can I go back there now?
Teacher: Pardon?
Smith: Can I go back behind the cupboard? I don’t want people to see me.
Teacher: Oh alright. Stuart, are you here?
Stuart: I’m here!
Teacher: Oh so you are, been a while since I saw you this close to the front of the classroom. Taylor? Is that you behind that cupboard with Smith?
Taylor: No.
Teacher: Get out from there.
Taylor: I’m not in the room at all.
Teacher: You were here two months ago.
Taylor: I’m not here anymore. I’ll let you know when I’m back.
Teacher: But I know you’re there. What are you doing behind there with Smith?
Taylor: We’re discussing tactics.
Teacher: What sort of tactics?
Taylor: How to disappear most effectively.
Teacher: You’re going to need a bigger cupboard to hide behind to start with.
Smith: That’s a good idea, write that down Jason.

747 Words, including title

Black Kitty

Juniors
Black Kitty intercepts a stray pass from the Queenslanders and sprints down the field. Proudly sporting her first ever Blues jersey.

Love the Game

“Oh my God
I squealed and jumped off the lounge with the full-page colour newspaper advertisement in my hand, the rest of the printed pages falling at my feet. The cat looked at me blankly. I shook the purple and aqua advertisement, with its magnificent Titans and Storm emblems, at her. They were coming here!

I was stunned, shocked, and in delirious heaven at the thought of going to a real football game. Well a trial game, but close enough. I’d watched some of these guys with such enthusiasm all last season. Well one mainly, the impressive Matt King. The talent that man possesses is captivating and he plays pretty good football too.

I had to go to this game. I asked one of my friends at work if she wanted to come. She was more than enthusiastic, though had never watched football. I think she just wanted to perve. That would do; it was better than going on my own, or so I thought. She asked one of her other friends to join us. I had meet Sharon once before, first impressions weren’t good, but I could be wrong. Sharon worked across the road from the ticket office so said she would get our tickets. That was nice of her. Perhaps I was wrong.

The day of the game arrived and I was so excited I could hardly sit still all day. Then I got an sms from my friend. ‘There’s been some sort of mix up. Sharon didn’t get your ticket.’ My heart sank, all the way into my feet. “Mix up my (censored)”. By the time I’d been told it was only about an hour till kick off. I raced out the door grabbing handbag and keys on the way. They would stop me seeing this game over my dead body!

I got to BCU stadium only to be parked a small country’s distance away and then made it to the end of a line which was the length of the Great Wall of China. Chatting to the woman beside me we soon realised that we were not going to be in the grounds by kick-off. We could hear the loudspeaker as the commentator read out teams and played a bit of music. The line was going so slowly. The woman I’d been talking to was looking as anxious as I felt.

Eventually we get to the windows, the fans inside cheer and yell as the game begins. I‘d missed kick-off. “I‘m gunna kill that (censored)”. The woman beside me is told that she can’t get her ticket at that window and that she would have to get in the other line. Like fun she was, I looked at her and back to the lady serving me. “Make that two please”. I smiled as I handed her the ticket, “Enjoy the game.”

As I was walking around the field to where my ‘friends’ were on the other side, I looked down from the top of the walkway to the game being played and my heart skipped a beat. Words could not describe the exhilaration I felt at that sight. I walked down to the path that rimmed the field and the Titans were just scoring a try, right in front of me. I was so close I felt I could reach out and just touch them. I’d never been to a football game in my life, it was wonderful, it was exciting. I loved it already.

Finally I found them downing copious amounts of alcohol and chatting up some guy that looked like Chewbacca’s twin brother. You couldn’t even see the game. My excitement was fast starting to wane as my anger built. I stood there for 5 or 10 minutes before ascertaining that the game was of no importance to any of them, and neither was I.

I left and found myself a spot on the hill, which by this time, of course, was a pretty bad spot, and half the field was obscured by the stupid VIP tents. I spread my picnic rug on the soggy ground, glad I always kept it in the boot of the car, and sat down to watch. I could just make out Matt King running around on the field, how could you not recognise that hair? The excitement returned as the true value of the night nestled around me. Alone and freezing on the hill, it was the best night of my life. Love the game.

*750 words including title*

The Piper

Juniors
NSW.gif
Waken runs the ball up, like a ship running up onto Nobby's Beach

The Natural Disaster Area and the National Rugby League

I’m usually in an uneasy way the morning of a Panthers match, but the unbelievably strong gale added to my discomfort today; Friday. Late afternoon when parents started to arrive to collect the kids from preschool, they informed us teachers many of the primary schools in the area had already dismissed the children several hours ago. It was from another mother that we were informed of the Pasha Bulker, a large oil rig that had been given several warnings to turn around in the weather but managed to get stuck on my favourite beach. I was as shocked to hear that as I would have been if someone had told me the Roosters had beaten the Cowboys by thirty. I had driven home safely through water, headlight high, covering the roads. I found the news of the ship to be true, as well as the news that the Panther’s Premier League game had been cancelled.

I don’t know if the wind and rain had calmed down outside our house; I was too involved in the football, but it sure wasn’t calm at Telstra Stadium. In horrid conditions, the Rabbitohs got up over Penrith 14-4 in front of the lowest crowd in many years of rugby league. With a potentially great game ruined by adverse weather conditions, I went to bed an hour after fulltime. When I woke, I was to awaken in a natural disaster area.

After the storm that hit that night, it was harder to find people who had power than no power in the entire city. Power lines as well as trees where down everywhere. The small creek near my house was flooded and when the fire engine came to assist, it was lucky not be swept into the creek. My father wanted to travel up to check his place of work had survived, but there was no way into that area of Maitland. I drove past my school and couldn’t see the playground due to branches spread all over the grounds. We found one shop open within a fifteen minute radius. It was terrible.

There was nothing that could have been done. There was nothing to do all Saturday. The weather was still wet and windy with more forecast. The SES workers were out there, volunteering their time to do what they do best. EnergyAustralia had made an announcement that some areas of Newcastle could expect the return of their power at the end of the week. The first thing my brother says was, “What about the State Of Origin?”

All my family, friends and I had to look forward to was the footy. In candlelight, we sat around the battery operated radio and listen to Andrew Moore call a really top game of Canberra and the Eels. What about the Raiders?! After that match, for the first time in five years I went to bed before 11pm on a Saturday night.

I woke Sunday morning to find that we had electricity back. The weather wasn’t great, but it was better than it had been over this long weekend so far. How long were we going to have the power for, was the question. We thought it was answered only a few hours before the Warriors and Storm match was to start, when it went out again. But we were fortunate enough to gain it back before the lower scoring match was won and got to see all eighty minutes. The town was still in turmoil, but the footy to be played today in the town lifted the spirits of Novocastrians. A very hefty crowd filled the stadium to see a great match between Newcastle and the Tigers, even though the home team was beaten.

Monday came and the sunny weather came with it. People were cleaning up and getting on with getting Newcastle back to normal. I spent the morning ridding the playground of the branches. I spent the night watching the exciting local derby between St George Illawarra and Cronulla.

Even during a time of natural disaster, it was the great game of rugby league that helped many of the suffering people get through the terrible times. As the footy rounds go on, we get on with our lives and as everyone reads this article, I want you all to realize the great work the State Emergency Service do for our lives and home. Reach into your pocket next time they ask for a donation.

750 words says the Official Word Counter

LeagueNut

First Grade
Queensland.gif
LeagueNut for the Maroons

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Curse

Back in 1994, a small group of Maori protestors gathered on the footpath outside the headquarters of Dominion Breweries, major sponsor of the Warriors, in downtown Auckland.

The protestors were unhappy with the new Warriors logo, based on a Maori tekoteko or carved figurehead. The tongue was curved. A curved tongue was a sign of femininity and lack of courage. The logo must be changed.

Ian Robson, the Warriors 31-year-old chief executive, bustled past the group ... as Robson rounded the corner and headed out of sight, the protesters began a quiet ceremony.

A curse was laid on the Auckland Warriors.

oldlogo.jpg

Could it be that this logo is the cause of the Warriors problems? A lot of water has passed under the bridge since those days, and our current logo (with a straight tongue) has been in place from 1999, but it looks like this Curse is a stubborn bugger that’s not going to be shifted easily.

As the Warriors cruise through another season of false hope and empty promises, it seems timely to take a flick back through the pages of history and see just how much damage this Curse has done. As you’ll see, this Curse has had some pretty impressive achievements.

Reducing good players who have signed with the Warriors into blithering messes has been a favourite past time of The Curse. Occasionally though, he actually replaces the players with impostors. Notable early signings such as Denis Betts and Grant Young were actually kidnapped en route to NZ and replaced with pillows, complete with foam arms and legs.

One of The Curse’s greatest conquests was Premiership-winning fullback Matthew Ridge. One of the best Kiwi players in recent times was reduced to a mere shell once The Curse had feasted on his confidence and footballing brain. Ridge is often seen these days wandering the streets of Auckland, looking angry and rather confused.

Showing a slightly sadistic streak, The Curse also likes to ensure players are promptly injured at the worst possible times. Stacey Jones suffered a broken arm late in 1999 while on Kiwis duty, and the Warriors 2000 season swiftly went down the toilet – even though it didn’t actually start for another five months. Frano Botica broke his leg after only five appearances; Ali Lauiti’iti never fully recovered after a mysterious cyst appeared on his arm; Kevin Campion and Monty Betham both missed the Warriors inaugural finals appearance in 2001; the list goes on and on ...

It’s not only players that suffer at the hands of The Curse. In the early days of 1995, John Monie lost most of the neurological functions in his brain and suddenly became unable to count to four. The addition of a fifth interchange player in Round 3 cost the Warriors two valuable Premiership points and a likely spot in the finals. How different things could have been ...

Then there was the Tainui tribe from the Waikato who thought owning a footy team was a damn fine way to invest their millions from various Government settlements. Within a matter of weeks, The Curse had swiftly siphoned off a few billion dollars and sent Tainui straight to the poor-house – and they nearly took the Warriors with them.

And what about our good mate Mick Watson? He burst onto the scene and rapidly turned around a sinking ship; it almost appeared that The Curse had been lifted! Alas, it wasn’t to be – despite overseeing the most successful period in the Warriors history, Mick finished his reign as Warriors CEO with his credibility in tatters.

Daniel Anderson suffered a similar fate in during the 2004 off-season when The Curse replaced his brain with Sylvester Stallone’s. Suddenly the Warriors were ordered to bulk up by an average of 83 kilos each, and our hopes of continuing on an improving path crumbled away like a pile of crushed Oreos.

The Curse has been responsible for plenty more in his time – the loss of Premiership points in 2006 is probably the biggest one I haven’t mentioned – and once he’s completely squeezed the life out of our 2007 chances he’ll resume quietly sitting in the background, waiting for his chance to strike once more.

We’ve straightened the tongue – hell, we’re technically a different club from those heady days of 1995 – but The Curse is far too comfortable where he is. And while he’s there, the Warriors club and their suffering fans aren’t going to find life any easier.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

750 words (including title) in the F7's Word Counter

Italics section quoted from Beleaguered! The Warriors from Dream to Nightmare by Chris Mirams, Hodder Moa Beckett Publishers, 2001.

eloquentEEL

First Grade
NSW.gif

eloquentEEL hunts down a NSW FOG for some footy wisdom

I’m Bringing Rexy Back

I’d like to bring to your attention, the 6th anniversary of my birth. Not due to excessive vanity, but owing to the date… May 29, 1984.

If I had any recollection of the day, I’m sure my universe would’ve centred squarely around birthday cake and streamers. However, I can rely on history books for the abundant confidence with which I can now proclaim that all the talk in Sydney was about a sport that I was yet to discover, and more specifically, about a bloke that would soon become my primary school PE teacher (and a damn fine one at that).

Four players made their debuts for NSW in front of a 33,662 strong, heavily partisan and undoubtedly vocal crowd at Lang Park. “The Cauldron”. Arguably, the most intrigue would have been sparked by the selection of Rex Wright at hooker.

Rex was part of a Country seconds team which played out of their skins to come up with a shock victory over their City cousins. He was rewarded with a sky blue guernsey and was the last bolter selected straight from “the bush”. His thoughts on being selected? “Unbelievable”.

Despite playing a good match, it was to be his only appearance for NSW as Royce Simmons was about to burst onto the representative scene. His performance was enough nonetheless, for Rex to fulfil what had “always been a dream of [his]… to play in the Sydney comp”. In 1985, he stepped up from Newcastle Norths to North Sydney, remaining a Bear for three seasons and gaining nomination for their team of the century.

RexWright.jpg

I recently saw that Rex was still involved in this great game of ours as an ARL Affiliated States Development Officer based in South Australia. His current role sees him helping “to increase Rugby League participation in schools and clubs in SA and to improve the performances of the state teams at the national titles through increased fitness, strength and skills.” I took the opportunity to look up my old sports teacher and asked him a few questions about footy; now and then.

Back in his playing days, it turns out that he loved living in Newcastle and was completing his teaching degree there. It would have been perfect for him had the Knights entered the comp a few years earlier. Ironically, if he had been a Knight, this would have deemed him ineligible for the title of the last NSW bolter selected from a Country club. It does however, suggest one of the reasons why we haven’t seen any since: with expansion, we now have “Country” players able to play in the top grade without having to move too far from home.

The rest of the explanation, as Rex confided, is that “recruitment has improved greatly from [his playing] days and all the young talent is identified early, even by country elite programs. [Their] players have even been targeted with one of [their] boys already in the AIS Rugby League Squad which trains out of Canberra. Talent scouts and player managers pick up any players who show promise and link them with junior rep programs with the NRL clubs.” There is also the fact “Rugby League is by far not the number one sport in South Australia”, which means they “normally get the 3rd and 4th tier athlete so [they] are behind the eight ball there. [They] also lack competition of any standard so when [they] go to the nationals it is a giant leap for [their] players to adjust to. [They] also have a lack of coaches, referees and administrators which makes [their] job difficult.” Add this all up, and you can see why Rex doesn’t believe there will ever be another player selected from a Country club. However, he was happy that NSW have continued selecting bolters, confirming that Mullen deserved his spot.

Rex has stayed involved in league all the way through. Despite believing that the work he does won’t lead to a truly National Rugby League any time soon (mostly due to the millions of dollars of funding that would be required per NRL franchise), he continues to spread the gospel far and wide throughout the land. That’s why I’m bringing Rexy back. We need as many Rex’s as we can get our hands on if league is to take its rightful place as the winter sport of choice in every Australian state and territory.

Mr Wright, keep fighting the good fight!

References:

Country Rugby League NSW Country Players in State of Origin http://www.crlnsw.com.au/files/245.doc

Fagan, S. City v Country (NSW) History http://www.rl1908.com/History/city-country.htm

North Sydney Bears North Sydney Team of the Century Nominees (Forwards) http://www.northsydneybears.com.au/history/totc/forwards.htm

Ritchie, D. & Toohey, B. Jarrod: I won’t let you down http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,,21738135-5012953,00.html

Smith, J. State of Origin match details http://users.hunterlink.net.au/~maajjs/aus/res/soo.htm

Wright, R. Electronic mail correspondence received 7 June, 2007

Hallatia

Referee
Locky_Jr runs on for Queensland for origin debut, steals the ball and goes for her trade mark big hit up

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

Everyone goes away in the end

When on the topic of Rugby League this title may get responses like “well, duh” and one would be quite apt in responding in such a way. At the same time as Rugby League fans however, no matter how much one can acknowledge that every league player has his 'use by date.' In the hearts of the fans, idolised players are not expendable.

It is easy to say “Lockyer will never retire” (I should know, I say it all the time), that does not make it the case though. However, Lockyer’s playing days will live in the hearts of his fans for as long as they will let them and in the history books of Rugby League forever. Every Rugby League player eventually retires, well all the good ones anyway, some do not have to. Yes, even Jason Smith will retire eventually (after this season in fact) and Jason Moodie will reach a point where he will stay retired.

When one does not know a team any other way then with a particular legend at the helm, it becomes a lot more difficult to accept that they will eventually have to go. This was most recently the case with the Knights and Andrew Johns, for younger fans of the game it is easy to say the Knights are Andrew Johns, that was how inextricably linked the two have been over the last decade. But the man does not make the team and Knights shall march on without the man who once exemplified the Knights.

People who just get into the sport may find comfort in seeing such legends maintain a dominant presence, as was the case early this decade, but one by one their time comes, players who it seemed would go on forever all eventually wave goodbye. Over the last few years we have seen some of the games greatest veterans hang up the boots, even those who it would seem would go on forever have proven that nobody ever will.

With the loved players, it is often difficult for fans to let go, a lot easier to live in fairy land telling themselves that it is not going to happen. Legends; who will play the game long after the final hooter has sounded on their careers, whose legacy will live forever in the heart of Rugby League, are the kind nobody ever wants to leave. However, they all go away in the end. No one will play on forever. It is not just the legends who will leave though, some only ever play once.

Rugby League is a great game and it requires a great a great deal of skill to play professionally. Millions of children aspire to one day play at top level, but no more than 500 play professionally in a season. Age does play its part; it is extremely rare for anybody under the age of 17 to play first grade and it is also not too common that professional Rugby League footballers play past 35.

They ripen at 17 and are best before 35. Sure there are exceptions, but generally speaking, to paraphrase Ned Kelly; such is Rugby League. Professional athletes are rechargeable batteries, some can be likened to the Duracell Bunny, some can be likened to Energiser; with the "never say die" attitude but no batteries last forever; recharge them so many times and they are done.

The sad truth is that they all go away in the end and no matter how many talents come through; no one will see Frank Burge play in the twenty-first century. It is no longer possible to go out to a game and see Joey; a legend from this era, play the game professionally. Once a player leaves the game that means their playing days are in the past. The truth about football and life is that nothing lasts forever. If there is something that does, nobody is going to live forever to verify it.

Win some, lose some, the end is always the same. The batteries have not completely worn out, nor are the machines completely broken. However, there are only so many repair jobs the machines are willing to take. Once their respective purposes have been served it becomes time for the next lot to come through. It is not getting “replaced” but everybody goes away in the end and somebody has to do the job.

♠♠♠♠♠♠♠​

738 words according to F7s official word counter

Willow

Assistant Moderator
*Willow for the Blues*
NSW.gif

The Hamster (dorkus maximus)

Hampstead-sean-ref_070325.jpg

Personally, I always thought referee Sean Hampstead looked like a bit of a dork.

Of course, its not the sort of thing I would normally telegraph across the horizon.

But that all changed this year.

The Hamster, as he is affectionally known, was adjudicating the round 12 NRL clash between the Sharks and the Roosters. Following a comeback from the Roosters, the match was locked up at 12-all at full time. The Sharks were desperate, they had just let a handy lead slip away and were now facing the prospect of extra time football. With the struggle ahead utmost on the players' minds, Sharks forward Lance Thompson made his way to the sideline in readiness for the next gruelling stanza.

Running up behind him was our Mr Bean look-a-like, the Hamster.

"Hey Lance... hey Lance... wait for me...!" said a smiling Sean, grabbing at Thompson's jersey.

"Hey mate... don't strip the ball like you did in that other match, eh?"

Hampstead then let out a churlish chuckle:

"He He He...!"

Quite clearly, Sean is no Groucho Marx.

Suffice to say, Thompson just played 80 minutes of football and had other things on his mind.

"Hmmmph...ugh..." said Lance.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm sure Lance saw the funny side when the Roosters later slotted a field goal to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat.

Afterwards, sections of the media questioned the actions of Hampstead. In particular, bringing up Thompson's past indiscretions and grabbing at his jersey. Was it an attempt at inappropriate intimidation?

No...Sean Hampstead is just a dork.

Of course, this is not the first time Sean has come under the spotlight.

I first starting taking Hamster notes in 2001. During one match, Hampstead blew the whistle five times in the opening 10 minutes. A man on a mission, Sean decided to lay down the law. Player frustration increased. Then in the final stages, following a series of bizarre penalties, an agitated Hamster decided to send off a player for 'kicking'...only problem being that he got the wrong man.

Earlier this year, Hampstead made what was described as a 'horrendous gaffe' in a Roosters v Titans clash. The Roosters eventually prevailed but not before the whistleblower missed a blatant forward pass. To make matters worse, Hampstead ignored a call from his touch judge after the Titans halfback sent a 'quarterback' pass which led to a try.

Surprisingly, Hampstead is lauded as one of our top referees. He 'controlled' two State of Origin clashes in 2004, but he was unceremoniously dumped for the decider. The Hamster resurfaced in 2006, landing the job in Origin I. But it was a dusty performance and Sean's reputation was on the line. Then when the pressure told, Seano folded. During the St George v Parramatta game of round 13 in 2006, Hampstead inexplicably blew his whistle at the scrum base and then told the Parra halfback to play on, costing the Eels a set move. The Hamster copped a shove in the back from a frustrated Parramatta player for his trouble.

To quote comentator Warren Smith, "Sean Hampstead found himself in the house of mirrors."

Granted it didn't make any real difference to the game, but the error was not up to Origin standard. Hampstead knew he had just blown it and history shows that he was indeed dropped, with Steve Clark getting the gig.

Of course Sean has had his good games too. That is compared to referees who are terminally crap. Plus he actually knows the rules of the game - which I imagine is a rather essential part of the job criteria.

I could go on for pages talking about the Hamster. But that would serve no purpose. I'm sure he's not a bad bloke, he eats healthy tucker and looks after his teeth. Moreover, Sean is a not a 'Hollywood' referee. Circus performers like Darcy Lawler, Greg Hartley, Bill Harrigan and more recently, Steve Clark have earned much more derision from supporters. From that point of view, I consider him to be a fine bloke. So in writing this article, I'm only expressing concern for Seano... as you would for a mate. But I'll happily excuse you for dismissing that as a load of superfluous nonsense.

Nevertheless, I think Seano's time is up. That is, time for him to shuffle off that onfield coil, climb the alloy staircase and ascend to that bright place where all referees must ultimately retire... to the video ref's box.

*750 words*

Pistol

Coach
Pistol (c) takes a run at a tiring defence, finds a hole and runs through

If Words Could Describe

Majestic. Herculean. Superhuman. Robotic. These are just some of the superlatives used to describe the efforts of the Queenslanders. Their backs to the wall mentality solidified the Origin legend, added another chapter to their history, and became ensconced in folklore.

Steven Price, the oldest man to take the field in Origin this year, was one of the many heroes that added to the Queensland legend. The evergreen prop turned 33 this year. Nowadays that is an age when players are hanging up their boots from football altogether, let alone State of Origin. Take that into account, and factor in the fact he plays in the front row, plus he plays a huge chunk of the game and what you have is a supreme effort in toughness, durability and fitness.

His efforts in the first two games this series only goes to amplify the point. In game one, he ran for more than double the metres of any of the Blues forwards and in unison with Petero Civoniceva, ran for more metres than the entire NSW pack. He is certainly worthy of a few superlatives to be thrown his way. To be honest, it would not surprise me to see him go around again in 2008. He is certainly tough enough. He is like the Energiser bunny. He just keeps on going. When he does hang up his boots, there is no doubt whatsoever that he’ll be remembered as one of the best and as one of the most capped players in Origin history

Then there is Cameron Smith. Not much more can be said about this bloke that has not already been said. Smith is the spark plug of the Queensland engine room. He is gaining an unparalleled ability to read the play and get his team moving forward. He, like a lucky few, was born with the ability to think one step ahead. He has utilised that to full effect since his debut.

Ever since breaking onto the scene in game 3 2003, Smith has killed two birds with one stone. He has not only made the number 9 jersey for Queensland his own, he’s bridged the gap between himself and Danny Buderus and usurped him for the Australian hooking role.

Over the course of these two Origin games, his clutch decision making has been crucial to Queensland’s victories. He’s picked the right time to run, when to pass and where and when to kick. He’s established in the Queensland setup and is on par to leap frog Steve Walters and Greg Conescu as the best hooker Queensland has produced.

If Cameron Smith is the spark plug for the Queensland engine, then Petero Civoniceva is the distributor cap. He completes this trio nicely. He is arguably the hardest head in the NRL and the toughest player running around at the moment. Many people would remember the incident when Monty Beetham attempted a high shot on him and the result was Beetham broke his arm on “The Civ’s” head. Civ regularly made his trademark 10-metre carries in the two games to become the “go to” man for the Maroons. Like a good bottle of wine, Civ has only got better with age.

But what good is an engine without someone to steer the ship. Johnathan Thurston and Darren Lockyer are alongside each other not only at state and national level, but together they are the best players in the world. Thurston’s kicking game repeatedly turned the Blues around in the two games and his vision and ability to produce a play when needed where on show for all to see.
Lockyer was there like the rock of Gibraltar, providing support, leadership and advice to all is charges.

That’s just a small helping of what the Queenslanders were like. Add that all up and you have a recipe for success. The ingredients together serve up a dish that brings smiles to faces, makes people jump for joy and releases pangs of ecstasy. I have probably described a succulent steak sandwich (speaking of which, is ironically my reward for winning a bet with a bloke at work) but a lesser term wouldn’t have fit the bill, certainly not for Origin. Origin is the pinnacle and its performers are the stars and as such demand the use of superlatives and wild similes.

Therefore, I’ll sign off by saying that mad chant made famous by Billy Moore.

QUEENSLANDER

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the counter says 750 words

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
Making his debut for the Maroons, Mr. F backs up the captain, who puts him under the posts for a match-winner

* * * * * * * * *​

An Act of Artifice​

1. Ext. city of Kaiserslautern. day/night/day

‘Where the Streets Have No Name’ (U2) plays through the credits (scene 1) and into scene 2. An Very Wide Shot (VWS) with a Bird’s-eye angle of a colourful Kaiserslautern (from day to night to day - in fast motion.)

2. Ext. soccer field. night

Fade in. Music stops.

A VWS with an eye-level angle shows the Italian Football (soccer) Team doing drills as the caption of ‘25th June, 2006’ appears on screen. The camera cuts to an Extreme Close-up (ECU) of Manager Marcello Lippi, who blows his whistle.

Lippi: Come on.

Cuts to a Medium Shot (MS) of both the Assistant Coach and Lippi.

Assistant: (Shouts) You heard the man, hurry up! Materazzi, give me five more laps.

Lippi: Yes, tomorrow night. Guys, we’re into the knockout stages here, and we can not afford a performance like the USA match. Our opponents, Australia, also play with a physical style. They tell me this is because of their love of that ugly game… what is it? Oh yes, Rugby. Now we must take advantage of this, what will we do at the Fritz Walter Stadion tomorrow?

Long Shot (LS) of Coaching staff and players

Pirlo: Be careful not to make any fouls?

Materazzi joins the group, and then camera cuts to a MS of an amused Lippi.

Lippi
: Yes, we must keep on good side of the officials, especially you Marco, I want you to cut out your sledging and watch your discipline. We must also take advantage of this physical nature of Australia, you know what this means… Cuts to an ECU of Lippi. Diving practice.

‘Eye of the Tiger’ (Survivor) begins to play. LS of the players diving theatrically and getting up, to dive again. Camera cuts to a MS of Lippi examining Grosso.

Lippi
: YES FABIO! THAT’S PERFECT! Keep that up, and you’ll even draw a foul from the tournament’s best defenders.

Music increases in volume, as the song reaches the chorus. There is a tracking shot of Lippi examining his players.

Fade out. Music stops.

3. Ext. toyota park. day

LS of laying players on the ground, caption of ‘10th June, 2007’ appears on screen. Cuts to a high angle MS from Ricky Stuart’s point of view, the Cronulla Sharks are apparently intentionally falling to the ground.

Stuart: That’s not a dive. C’mon its not hard fellas, do you want me to bring in Loudy Tourky for a few lessons? (team laughs) What was that Dykesy?

Cuts to a MS of Dykes. Fast action shots in between dialogue.

Dykes: Let’s target that new bloke, Richie Williams. You know… the new Mundine.

Stuart: Who are you talking about? Don’t tell me we’re coming up against a good five-eighth. (Mutters) especially when we’re a bit thin on that ourselves.

Dykes: What was that coach?

Stuart
: (Embarrassed) oh, nothing. So Williams is an easy target? Paul what are you going to do when you get hit high?

Gallen: Stay down?

Stuart: Show me.

LS of Cronulla Sharks diving and staying down.

Stuart: (Angrily) No, no, no, no, NO! Archer and Nash are never gonna buy that! Boys, I have actually won a premiership, as a player AND as a coach. I’ve been the coach of NSW and Australia. I know what I’m talking about! You can’t just lay down, you’ve gotta sell it.

Thompson: But, coach. We’re footy players, not actors. I mean we played Harold Mats as kids, we didn’t go to NIDA.

Stuart
: Shut up Lance, you’re not even playing. Besides, how many comps has this club won?

Silence.

Stuart: That’s right. None. Zero. Forty years and nothing. So next time I hear one of you do-gooders complain, you can join Lance (camera pans to Lance Thompson) in the grandstands tomorrow night.

Dykes: Yes coach, you’re absolutely right.

Stuart: Adam, stop sucking up and show me how its done.

MS of Dykes performing a perfect dive, and ‘selling’ it.

Perfect, if you get hit late after kicking, you now know what to do. Everyone, this bloke has got it spot on. Adam you can take over from here.

Fade out.

4. Ext. outside toyota park. night

MS of Russell Crowe in a car with Shane Richardson.

Crowe: Whilst they may not ever win a premiership, Hollywood better watch out or these guys are will be sweeping the Oscars.

‘Tubthumping’ (Chumbawumba) plays into the end credits.

* * * * * * * * *​

746 words according to official word counter.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
NSW.gif

byrne_rovelli_fan for the Blues, getting her first taste of origin struts over to Mr. Fahrenheit getting into his face.
'Dont' start celebrating yet mate this game is far from over!'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Worthwhile Aussie Invasion

Think New Zealand Warriors, a clear image of the NRL club’s logo flashes to mind with characteristic tongue out and a Maori warrior face stern and ready for battle. Its dark angry eyes fixated hungrily on the opposition. Beneath a gray cloud covering a black jersey dipped in white strips and silver outline struts onto the pale green pastures of Mt Smart Stadium.

A club with a history so rich yet to damaging it is hard to believe they are still here today. From the cusps of death’s door they rose as one and challenged to the end, such as been their fighting spirit everyone has been touched.

Playing a phenomenal key role in the success to date of the Warriors is a special group of Australians. Across the board from managerial positions right down to the playing squad, a little Aussie influence has left a mark. They paved the way for the club’s future both in the short and long term. As much as New Zealanders’ do not share the same sentiments for their Trans Tasman friends, these Aussie Warriors are welcome in open arms.
At the start of 2004 up to the current year, the club has been in a rebuilding phrase, with a long-term goal of returning to finals success of 2001-2003. In this space of time, during the past 4 and a half years they have recruited 14 Australians. Only one is a household name, the others merely familiar on the scene as just part of the team and one a virtual nobody. This did not discourage their lure to NZ; all of them had one agenda in mind, and that was to bring success to a talented club looking to establish its name once again.
Club captain Steven Price lead from the front reminding the competition age was no barrier for him and he had what it takes to play. Effortlessly and efficiently, he brought a new strength to the mindset and guided young aspiring kiwis to strive for success. Todd Byrne ran free at last, erasing grand final demons haunting for endless nights. One final swoop at the dying stages Round 7 2007 against the Rabbitohs a clean pair of heels saved the Warriors.

After losing adopted Kiwi Brent Webb to the English Super League the search went on to find a ‘just as good’ replacement. No astute local talent stood out for the club so across the Tasman they went. Enter Wade McKinnon, a gifted fullback with many a skill also not a household name but familiar to those close to his former club.

Stacey Jones waved NZ goodbye as he skipped off to the South of France. Difficult to imagine he had finally flown the coup. . He had not been too happy for a while and his extra year’s stay in 2005 mirrored it. It is hard to imagine he would not see out his career at the Warriors considering the big part he has played for years. Lance Hohaia prompted to follow in his footsteps but lost confidence. Form dropped and injury struck cruelly. Unable to shown his capabilities he found a new home in a new position and the club searched high and low for halfback. There has been three since Stacey’s departure all of them Aussies, gifted players in their own right. Certainly, they are nowhere near the capacity of Stacey in his prime but these guys needed a fair go. From Nathan Fien to Grant Rovelli and Michael Witt they have shown glimpses of talent. Not the in mould of the some of the best but they are worth perusing

In comes ’08 recruit Brent Tate the latest Australian with a wealth of experience and skills to match. When the Warriors lost Clinton Toopi, who was there to teach these young centers about how to go about their play? No one, so with Tate on the Warriors side they will gain his value and attacking strengths; and his wealth of knowledge many of the local kids can benefit.

Players like Mark Tookey brought grunt and a little laughter to boot. Kevin Campion paved the way of a true hard man, even with a dozen stitches to his head. It is an age-old battle since 1995, and as much as people have a gripe, there will be some Australian influence in the history of the Warriors. They add balance; grit and a determined strive to win. Aussie passion ranks as the best in the world.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Word count: 750 words including title between '~' lines

Steel Dragon

Bench
Steel Dragon - Blues

How Far Have We Come?

Has State of Origin football lost its meaning, and just what were the original intentions of the greatest representative game in the greatest game of all?
When I was younger it was all about the rivalry. Mate against mate – state against state. The weeks building up to the event (and back then it was an event) around our parts, Queenslanders were an endangered species.

The days leading up to the game club team mates would be openly sledging each other in the press and on television. They would profess to be ‘out to get’ one another in a take no prisoners, show no mercy forum of fury. Blokes would get out on the field and beat each other senseless. And when I say ‘blokes’ I mean red blooded Aussie, rough as guts, unkempt, hard as nails men. Not the ‘metro sexual’ well groomed fashionistas with the finely gym-chiseled bodies and media training. The ones who played for the whole 80 minutes, not in 20 minute bursts. The ones who got bloodied and bruised and coated in mud, and were miraculously healed with one swift pass of the magic sponge.

Now those warriors have long since retired and the game has continued on, along with their legend. But those were warriors from another era who played a very different game to what we watch now.
When highlight reels are shown, and we stroll down memory lane, sooner or later we remember the biff. The slug fests, the all in brawls, the one on one stoushes.
But as soon as a player today raises his fists, the powers that be do what they can stamp it out. On one hand the league encourages it. They feature it prominently in the State of Origin pre-game show, and refer to it as ‘the good old days’ and ‘the golden age’ of Origin. They even went so far as to capture a heated exchange between John Hopoate and Paul Harragon at the height of the mid-nineties Manly-Warringah/Newcastle rivalry, and feature it as a part of their pre-season build up with the caption “Bring It On.”

Less than a month ago, Jaiman Lowe was suspended for punching Brett Delaney. Everyone was up in arms when he landed those blows, and despite his allegations of ‘ball tampering’ no one could seem to understand his reasoning for punching on. Back in the day, the kick off was all the reason players needed to land one on the guy bringing the ball back up.

The old guard professes that today’s State of Origin players have gone soft or have lost their mongrel. The truth is that, yes, the players today may not be as ‘hard’ as those in the past, but does the game require them to be that hard? Players today, specifically forwards, are certainly more skillful, but the game has also changed. Everything about the game has changed.

The game is now more professional – in every aspect. Grounds are now world class, not mud addled quagmires every time there is a downpour. Clubs are now businesses. Football is no longer a recreational activity but a career. Team players are no longer just blokes in the same coloured jerseys, but employees – and as such, they are expected to behave in a fitting manner. On and off the field. The games iconic hard men call for a return to the days before interchange, before 40-20 kicks, and when electrical tape, not protective headgear was the cranial adornment of choice.

The game however, is no longer played that way, as it was in that day. The game is faster and more skillful, and so too are the players. The game has evolved, but some legends – possibly those that desperately don’t want to be forgotten – can’t seem to get past that fact. They call for the return to ‘glory’ days, which in hind sight, really aren’t all that glorious. Its not that we should forget about from where our game has come – the hatred for the opposing state can still be healthy, the desire to wear the blue or maroon jersey should never wane – but the way in which the players represent their state should be more than about the violence. Bring back the passion that hasn’t been seen since Billy Moore’s cries of ‘Queenslander!’
Bring back the rivalry, not the biff.

G

gorilla

Maggie steps over the queenslanders vomiting with exhaustion, and provides the bery trick that causes further dry retching.
A three hour meeting.
My team meeting at work went bad the other day - not just ‘belly-up’ bad, but ‘decomposing putrid body floating down the industrial canal’ bad.

The meeting started great, all agenda and commitment. Somewhere along the line past life experiences started to crowd in causing trouble. The team smart-arse said something about cartoons and, in an attempt to keep up, I started to reminisce about my childhood and how we used to mimic and act out cartoons.

Before I realized what was happening, events overtook me. I’d started with an easy Bugs Bunny voice, http://www.bugsbunnyburrow.com/downloads/sounds/lt/0040.wav
segued into Yosemite Sam http://www.bugsbunnyburrow.com/downloads/sounds/lt/0097.wav
and Foghorn Leghorn http://www.barbneal.com/wav/ltunes/foghorn/fogleg01.wav
– all simple stuff, but I realised that the young folk , raised on He-Man and Captain Planet http://www.ilovewavs.com/TV/Cartoons/Captain%20Planet%20-%20Theme.wav
, needed something snappier.

I tried harder but started to dredge up Captain Pugwash and the Nutty Squirrels . The harder I tried, the worse it got. My impersonation of Humphrey Bear http://www.humphreybear.com/
left them speechless so I pulled out my dual act of Mr Peebles and Magilla Gorilla http://www.ilovewavs.com/TV/Cartoons/Magilla%20Gorilla%20(Main%20Title).wav

The meeting started to smell so I tried another tack – show themes. I started with the theme from Mr Ed (a talking horse) http://www.barbneal.com/wav/tvthemes/mr_ed.wav,
F Troop http://www.barbneal.com/wav/tvthemes/ftroop1.wav
and, with no success and a figurative dead body entering the stream of consciousness, I began the Skippy theme , which eventually raised a snicker of attention. The last thing I remember was getting everyone up to group-sing Gilligan’s Island. I think I was the Skipper.

That night, in the haze of steady, thorough substance abuse, I realised what I’d done, but even more, I understood how those teams that get absolutely and totally thrashed feel and what they are experiencing as they attempt to cope with a complete and utter rout.

Teams that suffer outstanding defeats when scores pass a point a minute, or are so totally outclassed that they look like they’re playing tip footy in gumboots, actually are trying ! Even if they are either so far out of their league that they’re crap opposition, they’re usually trying hard.

Unfortunately, like my team meeting, nothing works out for these teams – the bounce of the ball, the flow of penalties, dropped balls and missed tackles. The more they sink into the oblivion of loss, the worse it gets until, if they’re lucky like me, they lose track of what’s happening and play by rote until the whistle mercifully ends it.

Most clubs have had abject and shocking huge losses – some more than others. Canterbury in 1935 had a shocking 8 days when they were firstly thrashed 91 – 6 by St George and in the next week’s match were trounced by Easts 87 – 7. Imagine the sense of confusion and helplessness as 3 point try after three point try (19 in each match) was clocked up. Did they give up ? No they kept trying, just like Parramatta when they were beaten by Canberra in 1993 (68 – 0) and, more recently Souths in 2006 by the Warriors (66 – 0).
The boot can so easily be on the other foot. Almost to the day, ten years after after Canberra ran all over Parramatta (68 - 0), Parramatta had all the glory dishing out Cronulla’s worst ever loss of 70 – 4 at a lonely Parramatta Stadium.

These are not all – there are 18 matches in total where the winning margin has been greater than 60 points. Souths, North Queensland and Wests (if you include the Wests Tigers) figure highest with three 60 plus point losses each. Although the St George Illawarra worst defeat ever was the 70 – 10 shellacking by the Storm in 2000, the St George club’s biggest loss margin was in 1994 when Manly stamped all over the 11-times-in-a –row-Premiers to the tune of 61 – 0.

None of these teams turned their toes up and gave in. All of them kept trying, working something else, plugging away, but no matter what they did, the game just kept moving away and changing. Just like my team meeting, it didn’t matter what I tried, I was wearing the ‘brown gloves’ – everything I touched turned to sh*t.

What really matters is they kept trying. A team might be outclassed, just plain unlucky or stricken with injuries and having a bad day, but if it keeps trying then we, the fans, at least know their hearts were in it.

Apparently someone’s selling tickets to the next team meeting …
http://www.classictvhits.com/shows/bradybunch/sounds/brady_theme.wav

750 horse-talkin' cap'n riding, Mary-Anne lickin' words.

griffo346

First Grade
griffo346 runs off the bench in need for queensland

National Rugby League’s quest to become number one sport in Australia.

In my article I will discuss how the NRL will attempt to become the number one supported sport in our famous country from there rival codes the Australian Football League (AFL), Football Federation Australia (FFA).

At the moment the Australian Football League is number one, closely followed by the National Rugby League, but why is the AFL number one?

In my opinion, I believe the AFL is number one as a result of the publicity it gets all over Australia and not just on the eastern sea board. The AFL has the same amount of teams and still eight games a week same as the NRL. However, they; the NRL struggle to get noticed in Melbourne with the mix of AFL clubs. In spite of the fact that Melbourne Storm have won a grand final in 1999 and consistently do well, making appearances in finals series every September. The situation was similar for the Swans in Sydney as for the Storm in Melbourne. When Swans won the grand final though it was the teams first grand final win in 72 years and their first since relocating from South Melbourne.

For some reason the AFL gets more noticed in the media through the papers radio and television all be it Foxtel or Free to Air. The media seems to benifit from excessive coverage of AFL because nationwide people do care about it.

I don’t know if its anything to do with the big crowds that the Swans pull week in week out when they play either at the Sydney Cricket Ground or Telstra Stadium, in fact I don’t believe that to be the truth as the Brisbane Lions pull big crowds when they play at the GABBA, and people jump on the supporters bandwagon I know I did in 2005 all be it I didn’t follow AFL as I do now.

It can’t be about crowds either considering in the A – League they pull big crowds in games anywhere in the vicinity of 30,000 - 40,000 depending on the size of the stadium used.

There is other sports not just AFL that lays in the way of the NRL it’s the FFA (Football Federation Australia) which follows the success of the football world cup and the successful beginning to the A-League which come the off season for the NRL shouldn’t be too competitive as the AFL although the FFA are national like the AFL, it will be there third season as well. Also coming off the Asian Cup where the FFA hopes for success.

I guess the NRL also has a challenge from the ARU all be it the unsuccessful year for all of the Australian teams in the super 14 competition.

I guess what I am trying to say; although the NRL has been there and done it in the past by going national maybe they should look at doing it again but not as quick as it was done previously, and now with the Gold Coast franchise getting acceptance over the Central Coast and a New Zealand based franchise wanting to be based out of Wellington.

Now that the NRL has introduced the new under 20’s national comp this is surely a step in the right direction in spreading our great game and who knows we may see future franchises come from these clubs.

In my opinion all be it not professional I would think to market the fine game we call NRL beside using the State of Origin as a marketing tool I reckon we need to have more importance on other representative games like the Tri Nations. Also by reducing the amount of rounds we have in a regular season we can have more emphasis on the representative games example more teams to come here and tour like have the lions come out.

647 Words Including title

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:clap: Well done to both sides, sensational game. Disappointing for the Queenslanders only getting 6/7 across the line, but we'll see how it goes. Good luck QLD! (You'll need it :p)