What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Coast Signings

Titanic

First Grade
DeeGan said:
Brenton Bowen is a good signing - where does this leave some of our outside backs is the question?

A challenge for Walker who maybe needs that - I just want to see him have a real go at realising his potential before it's too late. I have only praise for our management who are mixing youth and experience superbly.

Titanic

First Grade
I think Bowen can only claim a bench position - the guys in front of him are doing the job.

doggone

Juniors
What a bloody shame, but wish him well. He will still put in the yards for the Tits this year that's the way he plays he loves his footy. :shock:

Titanic

First Grade
I feel we'll live to regret this - for what it's worth he is the one selection I would've perservered with. He has rocks in his head as there are some good players in front of him, Brian Smith will under-play him and the surf in Newcastle can be ordinary.

choc_soldier

Coach
The Titans have reportedly signed Matthew Cross.

He'd be good for depth, can play both in the second and front rows.

The Devil

Bench
You've signed Matthew White from the Knights for one season.

Good no nonsense prop who will cart it up hard and fast. And he's only young too, 23 from memory. Handy pickup by you guys

TITAN1

Juniors
You've signed Matthew White from the Knights for one season.

Good no nonsense prop who will cart it up hard and fast. And he's only young too, 23 from memory. Handy pickup by you guys

http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...t-matt-white-in-gainful-position/1227718.aspx

NAME: MATTHEW WHITEABOUT: Big no nonsense front rower. Hails from Inverell and established himself in first grade last season with a run of solid performances.DOB: 17 May 1984 (Age: 24 years old)PLACE: InverellJUNIOR CLUB: Inverell HawksPOSITION: PropWEIGHT: 112kgHEIGHT: 189cm

Pumba

First Grade
Friend to stay a Titan until 2011

The Jetstar Gold Coast Titans have today secured a major coup, with in-form hooker Nathan Friend re-signing with the club.

Friend has agreed to terms on a renewed two-year deal for seasons 2010 and 2011.

Jetstar Titans managing director Michael Searle said it was great to be able to secure the services of Friend, who has been a model of consistency for the club over the past 18 months.

“Nathan has been a part of this club since our inaugural year in 2007 and I’m pleased that he will remain a significant member of the Titans playing roster well into the future,’’ said Searle.

“We have always been eager to keep Nathan at the club and it’s great that we have been able to come to an agreement.

“His commitment on the field has been second to none during his time with the club and I’m sure that will continue now that his future is sorted.’’

The 28-year-old has played 48 matches for the Titans since making his debut for the club in 2007 and currently leads the race for the club’s Paul Broughton Medal after four rounds of the competition.

Friend said he was ‘ecstatic’ to have settled his future with the Titans, adding that something special was building at the club.

“I’m ecstatic to be here. I think we’ve got something special and I dare say with the young guys coming through that we will develop into a pretty handy side over the next couple of years,’’ said Friend.

“To be a part of a club for a long period of time is probably every player’s dream.

“To be around the same bunch of guys for three or four years, I think that will bring success as well.

“I think we’re building on something pretty positive so I’m very happy to stay here for another couple of years.

“The wife is very happy so that makes me happy. It’s great that life is secured for the next two years.’’

Jetstar Titans coach John Cartwright said Friend had a great work ethic which made him a valuable member of the club’s playing group.

“He wanted to stay and we always wanted to keep him, it was just a matter of coming to the middle ground and we have,’’ said Cartwright.

“He’s got a tremendous work ethic, he’s very professional and that type of thing is rubbing off on some of the younger guys.’’

Link

Coaster

Bench
Friend has made my day, great news, real crowd favorite, and he does what anyone could possibly ask of him, he has a go!!

richies

Juniors
Friend has made my day, great news, real crowd favorite, and he does what anyone could possibly ask of him, he has a go!!

if farah and ennis were injured around rep time
wouldnt suprise me to see this blokes name pop up

Latest posts