What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SARL Results

obsulete

Juniors
Tigers will meet Eels in the 2007 SARL First Grade Grand Final after a tough hitout and scrappy victory over Centrals on a warm afternoon at Hanson Reserve.

It was tight early and Centrals lead 10-4 before Tigers hit back to lead by 4 at half-time. Tigers opened up a lead early in the 2nd half before Centrals fought back to within 4 points before Tigers sealed the win with a try under the sticks as the siren sounded in the background. Tigers 44 def Centrals 32.

Tigers are the defending champs but Eels will go into the Grand Final as fovourites.

Tigers got the Aberfoyle Park monkey off their back with their first ever win over the defending champions in the U18's title chase. It was a tough first half with Tigers letting Aberfoyle off the hook on numerous occassions by dropping the ball in good position. It was 4-4 at half-time. Tigers came out confident in the 2nd half with solid defence and some great individual plays to break Aberfoyle's spirits. Tigers will be appearing in their 4th consecutive GF in U18's but are yet to take the trophy. Tigers 18 def Aberfoyle 4. Tigers face South Adelaide in this GF and Souths are the favourites.

Reserve Grade will also see Tigers v Eels after Eels easily accounted for Centrals in the peliminary final. Tigers and Eels have met in the past 3 reserve grade finals.

Tigers/Eels will also be represented in U13's GF where the combined team will face Centrals after CEntrals beat Cougars in the Peliminary Final.

Tigers/Eels combined will also face Centrals in U11's GF.

Eels face Centrals in U15's GF after Centrals beat Souths by 4 this weekend.

obsulete

Juniors
Grand Final Results

First Grade:
Eels 70 def Tigers 22

Reserve Grade:
Eels 24 def Tigers 10

Under 18:
Tigers 26 def South Adelaide 18

Under 15:
Eels 35 def Centrals 18

Centrals won both the Under 13 & 11 finals.

Tigers ill-disclipine cost first grade the opportunity to take the title this season. The low light was a halftime brawl which saw 1 Tiger sent from the field and 2 others sitting in the bin for the first 10 mins of the 2nd half.

Tigers reserve grade played its worst game of the last 2 seasons. A massive defensive effort in the first half into a strong head wind was undone in the second half by too many dropped balls in good position.

Congratulations to the Under 18 squad. Fourth time lucky, and done so in a fine display of rugby league. It went to the wire but Tigers managed to score with less than 60 seconds on the clock to wrap it up.

fish

Juniors
Well this Queenslander is imigrating to croweater country and will have to keep in touch on the local games for my fix of footy.
Is the standard of games ok to watch, sorry but I haven't heard to much about the SARL.

obsulete

Juniors
Ahh dont get too excitied. Depends where you're coming from I guess.

This year the standard was lower than last year, but then it was a more even competition this year with unpredictable results which made it good.

Also this season there was alot of younger players who stepped up to senior football, so I imagine the standard will be better next year with a season under their belts.

You need foxtel to watch NRL games at a reasonable hour but there are venues to watch live SOO and finals football.

fish

Juniors
obsulete said:
Ahh dont get too excitied. Depends where you're coming from I guess.

This year the standard was lower than last year, but then it was a more even competition this year with unpredictable results which made it good.

Also this season there was alot of younger players who stepped up to senior football, so I imagine the standard will be better next year with a season under their belts.

You need foxtel to watch NRL games at a reasonable hour but there are venues to watch live SOO and finals football.

I will have to keep in touch to find out the pubs that don't mind showing the league games. Thanks for the tips...

obsulete

Juniors
I heard earlier this year that WIN had bought CH9 here and I was hoping league would be shown at decent hours. SOO was 1 hour delay this year and GF is live I found out yesterday so all is looking good.

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Is there anywhere we can get a full ladder for the SARL 2007 season? The SARL Sporting Pulse website seems to have a type of OzTag competition or something. All the team names are different and points seem to go up by 1 instead of 4 for a try. Anyone got a pic or 2 of the grand final?

griffo346

First Grade
parrawentyfan said:
Is there anywhere we can get a full ladder for the SARL 2007 season? The SARL Sporting Pulse website seems to have a type of OzTag competition or something. All the team names are different and points seem to go up by 1 instead of 4 for a try. Anyone got a pic or 2 of the grand final?

Hey Buddy,

I am involved with one of the clubs that was at the grand final day i can get a few pics of it our under 18's won there first g/f and our reserves and first grade lost unfortantly for us :lol: however our team does head into the record books in the SARL with the biggest defeat in the grand final.

i will see what i can do about the table by the end i think it was

Tigers
Centrals
Eels
Souths
Cougars

I belive there is a Oztag comp that has started and thats proberly why you cant find the regular comp table. I also belive that tries in oztag are worth 1 point simlar to touch footy

Btw where are you from buddy?

parrawentyfan

Juniors
Hey that's great. That would be cool. I'm making a yearbook with international and domestic RL results. Currently about 110+pages. Bout 30+ pages NRL and the rest overseas results. Making 1-4 pages for each country and 1/2 page for countries which don't have domestic results like Morocco, Greece etc... It is just for personal use and to show my family and mates. I figured if no-one will publish a decent yearbook i'll make one myself!
For the domestic scene now i just need a NT ladder and finals results. Unfortunately there is nothing for me to add when it comes to Tassie this year.
I'm from Sydney originally but currently living in Canberra. Spent about 6 years living in Orange and 3 in Wollongong.

Joel Taufa'ao who played for Tonga in their trashing of the Junior Kangaroos is apparently based in Adelaide. Do you know anything about him?

Nfed

Juniors
cumberlandsashes81 said:
Joel Taufa'ao who played for Tonga in their trashing of the Junior Kangaroos is apparently based in Adelaide. Do you know anything about him?

Based in adelaide? Joel played JBC and Premier League for Souths Juniors. When cut he played the rest of 2006 with Auburn Warriors (coached by Peter Tunks) in the Parramatta A Grade. In 2007 he trialled in Premier League with Newcastle but missed out and played with one of the clubs in the Newcastle comp.

Nfed said:
Based in adelaide? Joel played JBC and Premier League for Souths Juniors. When cut he played the rest of 2006 with Auburn Warriors (coached by Peter Tunks) in the Parramatta A Grade. In 2007 he trialled in Premier League with Newcastle but missed out and played with one of the clubs in the Newcastle comp.

According to the AAP reports and every other one I read about this game he's from Adelaide!

AAP said:
But the try of the match came seven minutes from halftime, with Adelaide-based halfback Joel Taufa'ao kicking ahead and combining brilliantly with local centre Lei Etuine Sua who finished off with a glorious reverse flick to put the halfback over.

Guess it was a mistake.

Nfed

Juniors
cumberlandsashes81 said:
According to the AAP reports and every other one I read about this game he's from Adelaide!

Guess it was a mistake.

If it is correct it must be a recent move. The Newcastle club he played for last year was Macquarie Scorpions.

According to a cached Google page (Newcastle RL Sporting Pulse page - which seems to no longer be live) he last played a game for Macquarie in April. So may have been a recent move.

griffo346

First Grade
Paddy Gets a Contract

Patrick Sagigi who left our club to have trials with illawarra has secured himself a contract with the Corrimal Cougers in NSW.
Stu Mackay who has helped him since his return to NSW is keeping a watchfull eye on his progress.
Paddy who was in Adelaide for the last couple of days caught up with the tiger boys for a chat at trainin.
He is flying the flag for Tigers rugby league club and lets everyone know he s still a TIGER at heart.
WELL DONE PADDY FROM ALL AT THE CLUB
http://tigers.rlc.adelaide.leaguenet.com.au/

obsulete

Juniors
This sunday 13th April SARL takes a new direction in promoting the great game and attempting to maintain its recent growth by playing a 8 a side carnival on the corner of Military Road and West Beach Road

20 minute games kick off at 10.30 and presentations will be around 3.30.

GO YOU TIGERS!!

griffo346

First Grade
Cockatoo hatrick not enough to keep Tigers at bay.

Former AFL and Port Adelaide star Che Cockatoo Collins was again centre of
attention scoring 3 trys but it wasnt enough at the Tigers won an
entertaining game 38-32.

The Tigers started slow in resulting the Cougars getting the first try and
gaining the upper hand in the first half the game was evenly poised at
half time with the Cougars up 22 - 16 at half time.

But the Tigers regained some momentum in the second half it was try for
try for a bit of the second half the game was evenly poised when the
scores become level at 32 all with 5 minutes remaining.

One of the Tigers best players Daniel Wilson set up the final try for the
Tigers to score and the try was converted by goal kicker and Captain Heath
Cruse the full time score was 38-32.

Overall a highly entertaining game which saw the Tigers come out on top
with the 2 points at Bains Reserve in Port Adelaide.

In an earlier game played Friday night saw the Tigers under 18s defeat the
Cougars at Dry Creek 40-6.

Tigers next game is against Central Roosters at Uley Road Reserve,Uley Road,
Elizabeth Downs on Sunday May 11th at 2pm. Anyone and everyone is welcome
to watch us go around.

In other games Centrals got the points after a forfeit from Nth Adelaide Dragons.
Eels got the points in a demolishing of the Sth Adelaide Bulldogs 42-18.

Junior results to come

Next week we have North (Centrals,Eels,Dragons,Cougars) v South (Tigers & Bulldogs) combo sides for rep trails for City team to play a Country side in Broken Hill

griffo346

First Grade
Tiger’s juniors rein supreme over Bulldogs

On Friday we saw the junior tigers take on the junior bulldogs in what where anticipated as good clashes leading into the games.

In the Under 16s game we saw the Tigers run supreme over the junior doggies 32-16 after leading 16-6 at half time.

Best on ground was Costa Sambanis for his 2 tries and great defence in the game.

Mean while in the later game the under 18s tigers took the bulldogs apart in a 8 try rout with Matt Patu best on ground with scoring his 2 tries and having a hand in other tries and good defence. The under 18s Tigers defeated Bulldogs 48-0.

In other news the Tigers Rugby League Club are pleased to announce that they have a quartet of players to represent City in the up-coming representative game against a country side from Broken Hill for state selections.

[FONT=&quot]Players selected are Heath Cruse, Stan Panda, Epeli Batidamuni and Dan Wilson[/FONT]

sbrpete

Juniors
Gday guys,im a new member who joined last week so sorry for updating an old thread but just want to say thannks to Obsulete.I love the Tigers link in your sig.

I played for the Tigers for 3 years (think it was 93 to 95. Played with Norths for 5 years prior to playing with the Bays) before shoulder issues took hold.
Great to flick through the pics on the website and even funnier to see me ol' mate Noel Walker,with HAIR!

I was reading a snippet on the website about an old mate of mine, Chris Shields. He was a great bloke to play along side. One first grade game at Thebby Oval against the Roosters i think it was, he was at lock (I was in the second row) and he made a bloody staggering 54 tackles in this perticular game. I think it was and may still be, a club record.

Great days they were, training out of the old tin shed down at West Beach dodging horse sh$t,fox's and rabbits. Tigers On Parade nights were awesome, Mobilong Prison preseason hits outs when they were in the comp, grog nights at our sponsor's Lennies at the Bay.

Good to see an old work mate of mine making his mark at the club,Stan Panda. We call him the Predator. His dreads and facial features make him a walk up for the role. Hope he has sorted his visa issues out.

Aaaaahhh,makes me want to put the boots back on.

Latest posts