What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NYC Knights V Storm

Pumba

First Grade
NYC Knights V Storm

Tuesday, 6 May 2008 - Newcastle Knights

Newcastle Knights Vs Melbourne Storm
Olympic Park
NYC
5:15pm Monday May 12, 2008
Coach: Trent Robinson
  1. Johnathon Ford
  2. Joseph Iosefo
  3. Callan Richardson (c)
  4. Jared Edwards
  5. Peter Mata’utia
  6. Ryan Stig
  7. Marty Paulson
  8. Sione Tovo
  9. Todd Hurrell
  10. Joel Edwards
  11. Scott Dobbins
  12. Zane Tetavano
  13. Jason Schirnack
Interchange:
  1. Byron Fruean
  2. Mitchell Garbutt
  3. Blake Gallen
  4. Manaia Osborne
  5. Ben Wyborn
LINK

whidds

Juniors
not bad...
anyone know where browny, kev and lamb are? They get dropped or injured?
i am looking forward to seeing joel edwards back, and see stig, jared edwards and garbutt play! they have been the best for the last 2 weeks imo.....
who do u guys think have been our best?

Jono078

Referee
Geez, lot of changes?

Iosefo was a secondrower last week lol..

Who's Zane Tetevano?

roopy

Referee
Joel Edwards back and in the starting side has me happy.
I hope that means the reason he has looked out of favour has been because of injury and he is over it now, because i really think he is the best young defender i've seen.
Iosefo and Peter Mata'utia on the wings is radical - Mata'utia has the mark of a champion IMO - he just has that look about him that he has extra time to do things (can't explain it well, but Joey looked like he had extra time).
It's also wonderful to see Callan score 4 tries in his last 3 games and get the (c) beside his name. Robbo must think it's national bloodnut week to be showing the love to Joel Edwards and Callan Richardson.
I wouldn't have picked Mata'Utia and Tetavano as the first two Ball guys to get a run (Papamau must still be injured to some degree).
I think the side looks bigger and stronger than previous weeks.
Good to see only 4 of the 12 off season imports are still in the side, and i still think Tovo, Iosefo and Paulson are rubbish, although Fruen is growing on me.

roopy

Referee
Who's Zane Tetevano?
We bought a whole bunch of young Kiwis for the Ball side this year, and i'm pretty sure this kid is one of them.

It sounds a bit racist, but there were 5 or so Islanders playing in the forwards in the SG Ball side and i could never tell which was which. They were all impressive, but i couldn't tell which was the best, or even put a name to them.

aqua_duck

Coach
Zane impressed me when i saw the sg ball guys, he's a tall, rangy backrower, wide running, kind of the prototypical polynesian backrower.

I'm very glad to see peter Mata'utai get a run, he's a star in the making, not a big guy but just a very classy footballer, also a sharpshooter with the boot.

Papamau should be in the team soon and maybe the likes of ben tupou, harmony hunt and theeren pearson

Big Tim

First Grade
The Joey Show told me the news on Mata'utia..... I have seen him play twice and he was sensational. He played in the Centres on those occasions and I have no doubt that is where he will end up for this team.

roopy

Referee
The Joey Show told me the news on Mata'utia..... I have seen him play twice and he was sensational. He played in the Centres on those occasions and I have no doubt that is where he will end up for this team.
The best game i ever saw him play was at 5/8 where he basically did everything himself.
This year in Ball he has played fullback, wing and centre.

One thing i've noticed about him - he laughs on the field - i've decided it's creepy.

PeterMatautai.jpg

whidds

Juniors
anyone know if there will be updates for this game on this site...
if not anyone know where there will be updates for this game?