What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was The Twilight Grand Final A Success?

Was The Twilight Grand Final A Success?

• Yes

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Don't Know Have To Wait And See

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

IanG

Coach
So what do the punters think. The man on the street. Was The Twilight Grand Final A Success?

SaveTheChildren

Juniors
No. The 5pm start was a hysterical over reaction. A really big game belongs in the night, while the average RL game belongs on a Sunday arvo in terms of people showing up.

We will be back to a night grand final in a jiffy.

bobmar28

Bench
The twilight GF would be a better with the pre match entertainment moved to half time.

MSH

Juniors
Such a big match requires a evening time kick off, 7 or 8pm, have plenty of matches during the season on Sunday afternoons but for the big one in the evening.

drake

First Grade
Such a big match requires a evening time kick off, 7 or 8pm, have plenty of matches during the season on Sunday afternoons but for the big one in the evening.
Where the hell have you been the last few years when droves of people have been saying night GFs are poo?

The NRL was driven by the public in the return of day Grand Finals.

I like it.

I prefer the 7:30 / 8:00 start time. I found it was getting hard to see the players in the 2nd half with only some of the lights on.

parramaniac2516

Juniors
I liked it makes for a better game. It was also the first day of daylight savings though which was brought forward by the NSW Government. The game needs to be played in the day and this was fine.

Simo

First Grade
I was great timing i thought, but remember the it wasnt played in sunshine cause of the weather, it will be lighter and dryer on nice days in the future.

I actually had a great day and everything bar the 2nd half of 1st grade was great.

Red Bear

Referee
Shut up Timmah, have you actually got an opinion???

Anyway, i thought it was a great thing having it in the day, perhaps a 4pm kick off would be better but either way it was tops. Went round to a mates n played a quality drinking game whilst watching the footy, good rugby league was played in the daytime conditions and then went out afterwards, good day.

Loudstrat

Coach
It was a bugger to organise dinner around. 7.30 start meant the barbie was consumed before kickoff. Ditto 3pm.

Who wants to eat at 4.00 or 9.00?

remember, most of the whinging of the night GF was about the death of the traditional barbie.

JoeD

First Grade
Great for NZ fans. Kickoff at 7 was perfect for me anyway. If it was a 9 or 10 pm kickoff i probably wouldn't have watched it.

Johns Magic

Referee
Would've preferred it earlier or later.

3pm is great for a barbecue and making a day of it.

7pm is great for a night time gathering at someone's house.

5pm is nothing.

Latest posts