What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Was The Twilight Grand Final A Success?

Was The Twilight Grand Final A Success?

• Yes

Votes: 68 77.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Don't Know Have To Wait And See

Votes: 5 5.7%

• Total voters

Johns Magic

Referee
Was it hard creating an atmosphere for a game where only friends and loved ones were in the crowd? Do you and your mates get woodies on Bledisloe night? Spiro has a term for that I think. The life of a rugger bugger:lol:

No, because unlike you, my life doesn't revolve around a sporting code :lol:

Still recovering from the biggest day of your year? :lol:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Never experienced a REAL home ground for any serious length of time, have you?

Heard of a little place called Belmore? I grew up going to that ground you f*cking dunce, they played there til I was 12.

Obviously there's not scope to return, otherwise I would've said it. I actually agreed with you and you still couldn't help having a dig, could you?

B-Tron 3000

Juniors
i prefer wtaching night games but i'm not fussed whetehr its at 3 or whenever as long as this ridiculous bbq argument is put to death. never knew it was impossible to have a bbq after 3pm until a few years ago....

I much prefer day games but agree totally about the barbie argument.

I can't believe the barbie argument has been the main source of complaint about night time Grand Finals, and is now being used by some to say that the league should make a choice between 3 or 7:30!

FFS it's not about when people can cook their BBQ - if you can't plan your day around a certain kick-off time then you should give up!

Quite simply, it should be about the football. The only decent night Grand Final was the Roosters-Panthers one. All the others have been average.

Even some State of Origin games suffer because they are played at night - especially at Homebush.

Day time or twilight is fine. Night should be out of the picture now.

Loudstrat

Coach
......and we can play at Parramatta or somewhere else easy to get to.

The thought is utter sacrilege!!!

Still recall Canterbury's brief tenure on the hallowed turf in '95. Played Manly. Manly had the home ground support!

Brutus

Referee
St George home games at Belmore were great in 87 as were Easts games at Henson that year. :|

jc155776

Coach
The timeslot also gives people working sundays the chance to get home. Sunday trading until 4pm is the NORM these days. So its perfect.

NK Arsenal

Juniors
This was the greatest thing to ever happen to the game.

I don't want to put up with a sh*tty night time GF again

Hopefully 9 & the NRL can see the light and give Sunday some day time finals in weeks 2 and 3

Ram Man

Juniors
When full, ANZ sh*ts on everything, provided you're sitting in the lower deck.

Bull$hit...Suncorp Stadium you get an amazing view from where ever you sit not just on the lower decks...ANZ is a f**king $hithole

ByRd

First Grade
SFS full> ANZ full
Agree with that, been to origins, Grand finals at ANZ stadium and it is better when it is full but the SFS when full sh!ts all over ANZ.

I remember in 2004 in the prelim final the atmosphere against penrith was just crazy, crowd was into, it was loud and then the next week when i was at the GF, yeh it was good but atmosphere wise, the SFS game was much better.