What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lawn Mowing Etiqutte - When to do it on a weekend

The Partisan

Had a interesting and animated discussion with a bloke at a recent BBQ about when people mow on the weekend.

During these Summer months I tend to weed/mow on a Sunday arvo (starts round 4.30 finish just before 6) as it allows me to get a lot of other things done first and also allows me the opportunity to have a late afternoon rewarding beer !

This shocked and agitated my new found foe who castigated me for disregarding the Sunday arvo sleep of my neighbours !!!

Any opinions out there ?

PS. Realise etiquette misspelt but couldn't work out how to fix it !!!

Jesbass

First Grade
When I was about 12, I mowed the lawn at about 7am on a Saturday morning and got lambasted for it by a neighbour. After that, I would do it in the afternoon. I would think, though, that anything from 8:30am onwards should be fine.

McLovin

Staff member
3am, Sunday morning for best results...

Really, anything before 10am on a Sunday is unacceptable. I recon just after lunch...

griffo346

First Grade
Dutchy ur a clown :lol:

i used to mow the lawn after 6pm in daylight savings. on any day preferably weekends (sat or sun).

i start up my mower half an hour after the neighbours' party stops and just let a full tank run out and i go back to bed with ear plugs

if your neighbour is spewin about 4 30 in the afternoon tell him to f**k off

miccle

Bench
Usually 7-8am on a Sunday morning start time. F**k the neighbours, I work six days a week and need to get my housework outta the way early if I'm to enjoy a few hours off work :crazy:

stuke

Bench
4:30 in the arvo is perfectly fine. if they get pissy over their nanna naps they need to move. christ sakes!

when was his suggested time to mow?

McLovin

Staff member
TBH, i'm lucky enough to have a neighbour who loves gardening and mows our lawns and takes care of the plants. Ahh...Beer barter...mans greatest achievement...

The Partisan

4:30 in the arvo is perfectly fine. if they get pissy over their nanna naps they need to move. christ sakes!

when was his suggested time to mow?

Need to clarify something ! The bloke complaining wasn't a neighbour of mine - just some nob I met at a BBQ.

He religiously mows first thing on a Saturday morning. I normally have a hangover then - plus Sat morning is my lazy time after a hard weeks work.

4:30pm ???...what a lazy sh%t. Poor him...got to have a snooze in the late afternoon on a weekend !!.

IMO you can mow any time are 9am on a Saturday or a Sunday...

Get the line trimmer out and rev it heaps to wake the neighbours up after they finish their parties at 4am. Works a treat.

Tom Shines

First Grade
4:30pm ???...what a lazy sh%t. Poor him...got to have a snooze in the late afternoon on a weekend !!.

IMO you can mow any time are 9am on a Saturday or a Sunday...

Get the line trimmer out and rev it heaps to wake the neighbours up after they finish their parties at 4am. Works a treat.

Agree. Although I'd probably say ten to be sure.

Jubileeboy

First Grade
After 9am Saturdays
After 10am Sundays.

We have the lawn nazis here that will drive around on their ride-ons in the dark with their lights on.

I then allow my boys to go motorbike riding whenever suits them !!

Those 2-strokes sure are loud in the morning...:lol:

Saturday arvo when the AFL is on, but finish before super Saturday starts.

In summer, after 9am but finish before the cricket starts.

McLovin

Staff member
After 9am Saturdays
After 10am Sundays.

We have the lawn nazis here that will drive around on their ride-ons in the dark with their lights on.

I then allow my boys to go motorbike riding whenever suits them !!

Those 2-strokes sure are loud in the morning...:lol:

My old man would always let us ride the quads really early in the morning back when i was about 10 years old. Later on in life, i found out he was only trying to piss the neighbour off...

Thomas

First Grade
I generally mow around 10am Sat/Sun...or Friday arvo if I get an early mark.

I also am blessed with bogan neighbours who play horribly loud music until the wee hours of the day. Not your ordinary music...its full on hard house techno. Serious doof. The mother (aged late 30's) is the main culprit...the music will come on at 3pm and crank up until 11pm and then continue sporadically until the cops are called.

I had enough one morning and at 7am, grabbed by line trimmer and did my work...making sure to hit the tin shed a few times too for good measure. The neighbour on the other side cranked up his hedge trimmer and had a good go too. I then left the mower running for 15 minutes outside their window while I did a long crap and checked the overnight sports scores.

The music has died now because her 16 year old daughter has just given birth to another bogan spawn. Hopefully that'll keep the music down for 6 months or so

Latest posts