What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best Fights in League History

Andy04

Juniors
After watching Girdler and Hodges (who is a dog) go at it the other night I got to thinking about the best fights in Rugby League History.

I think one of the best was in the origin where the first scrum broke into a fight (i think this game was at the MCG) and my most vivid memory is of Hoppo going at it.

Then there is Mark Geyer and Wally Lewis with Eddie Ward trying to break them up.

Does anyone have any other memories about the best blews in history?

Andy04

Juniors
a chicken. Not a dog

Sorry mate - a chicken who now wants to use the Rugby League Week magazine as his place to talk tough and say he didnt get girdler high to start it

rat

Juniors
How bout Kevin Tamati and crusher cleal (NZ vs AU)
where the fight kept on going over the sideline.
Im not sure if it was cleal tho.

RainMan

Juniors
rat said:
How bout Kevin Tamati and crusher cleal (NZ vs AU)
where the fight kept on going over the sideline.
Im not sure if it was cleal tho.

Greg Dowling I think.

Blade

Juniors
rat said:
Can anybody tell me why Ian Roberts was so upset with Gary Jack that day? :?:

I may be wrong but I believe Jack made remarks (of a tasteless nature) about Roberts' sexuality during the match.....and righfully got his ass kicked!

Johnny Lewis (Kostya tszyu's trainer, jeff fenechs trainer) thinks Roberts could have been Australias great heavyweight hope of the 90's. Apparently he had the skills to go very far...

Garry Jack however did not.

And yeah, it Greg Dowling v Kevin tamati

Kingytek

Juniors
Who was the fight with? I think it had Tallis and some Pommy bloke in a Test or WCC. Wasnt the best fight but it was awesome to watch!!!!

Dogaholic

First Grade
Blade said:
rat said:

I may be wrong but I believe Jack made remarks (of a tasteless nature) about Roberts' sexuality during the match.....and righfully got his ass kicked!

I think it may have been due to a cheap shot to mathew ridge

woodgers

Bench
Jamie Goddard's right jab on Johns wasn't bad, not the best though. That one in the test match in NZ that kept going in the tunnel was fantastic.

Kingytek said:
Who was the fight with? I think it had Tallis and some Pommy bloke in a Test or WCC. Wasnt the best fight but it was awesome to watch!!!!

Terry O'Connor in Superleague world club challenge days. The Wigan people hyped up the rematch in England, but Tallis hurt his back playing golf the day before and didn't play

Blade

Juniors
Its a Dogs World said:
Blade said:
rat said:

I think it may have been due to a cheap shot to mathew ridge

That too!

:lol:

I remember a friend telling me several years ago about the story I posted. He read it from the book Roberts wrote.

finding.jpg

Kingytek

Juniors
CouldaBeenAnything said:
Kingytek said:

Terry O'Connor in Superleague world club challenge days. The Wigan people hyped up the rematch in England, but Tallis hurt his back playing golf the day before and didn't play

Would have loved to have seen a rematch, would have been some big legal hits (at first anyway)