What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norths Devils Thread

Anonymous

Juniors
This is to keep up to date with our feeder club the Norths Devils. It would be good if it could be made a sticky :D

They are 2 from 3 this season after a first round loss.

Last week they hammered Brothers-Valleys

NORTHS DEVILS 56
Tries: Quentin Laulu-Togagae, Jake Webster, Ryan Shortland, Cooper Cronk, Anthony Boyd, Andrew Hamilton, Antonio Kaufusi, Kerry Smith, Marty Turner, Jeremy Smith
Goals: Marty Turner 8
defeated BROTHERS-VALLEYS 12
Tries: Craig Sercombe, Bryce Killoch
Goals: Pat Dall 2

Anonymous

Juniors
Jake Webster went on a try scoring romp in 2002 but only played a handful of games last year. He had just broken into First Grade as well.

stormer

Juniors
yeah cronk looks like a good player and that Quentin Laulu-Togagae it seems as tho he is in the try scoring list every week.

Craig

Juniors
Gary said:
Jake Webster went on a try scoring romp in 2002 but only played a handful of games last year. He had just broken into First Grade as well.

In fact he played 1 game of each before being out for the year.

The injuries were so bad, Bellamy was looking for players with first grade experience without a club.

Anonymous

Juniors
Latest Result;

NORTHS DEVILS 42
Tries: Fifita Moala, Luke Dyer, Derek Fletcher, Aaron Kuskey, Andrew Hamilton, Dallas Johnson, Anthony Boyd
Goals: Aaron Kuskey 5, Jeremy Smith 2
defeated CENTRAL COMETS 16
Tries: Jade Wogand, Gerard Parle, Peter Penaia
Goals: Jade Wogand 2

Venue: Bishop Park Date: Sun Apr 11 3:00pm
Referee: Shane Spicer
Half time: Norths 18-12

Another good perfromance. Sorry there was no report.

Kingytek

Juniors
It would be great if there was a devils section but I was wondering something.

My 18yr old cousin is coming out from England in August and he plays Rugby and is a pretty good flanker/lock/centre who can kick them from anywhere. He is interested in league and when I was over there I watched him play and he's got the goods. He will be living in brisbane and I want him to play for Norths. Does he just have to turn up to training in November or is there something else he can do?

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Find out (by ringing the club) when thier trials are.
Put his name down if he is serious about it, turn up to training, performance from that point will count.
This was the exact way I ended up playing 2 seasons with the devils in the 1980's.
Hence the Angry man has a very soft spot for the Devils, still got the short and socks.

A couple of training sessions and before he knows it, a game for the Norths Devils, if he is any good, up the grades he will go.

For thoses in QLD unaware - the QRL comp is on every Saturday on the ABC.
That is right Earl, Mr Angry was once a Norths Devil, but that was before the storm came along - shite it was before the Broncos.

XXXX Cap

Juniors
The Queensland Cup match shown each Saturday on the ABC in Qld is now replayed on Fox Sports usually on the following Wednesday. Check the guide.

Saw a future star go around for Norths today - a 17 year old called Greg Inglis. He played a big part in the Devils demolishing my mob Wynnum Seagulls.

Earl

Coach
NORTHS DEVILS 40

Tries: Greg Inglis 2, Derek Fletcher 2, Cooper Cronk, Nathan Friend, Glen Turner
Goals: Marty Turner 6

defeated WYNNUM SEAGULLS 14

Tries: Damien Durnford, Eddie Hei Hei, Simon Phillips
Goals: Greg Bourke

Venue: Bishop Park Date: Sun Apr 25 2:30pm
Referee: Justin Eastwood
Penalties: Wynnum 6-4
Half time: Norths 16-10
First Try: Damien Durnford (Wynnum)

Another strong win for our reggies. There were about 7 or 8 players that ran around for Norths who could crack the top grade at any other club. Thats great news :clap:

Tigertread

Juniors
Earl said:
There were about 7 or 8 players that ran around for Norths who could crack the top grade at any other club. Thats great news :clap:
A good win on the weekend by Norths.
Earl...Who are these players?

KimmorleyKiller

Juniors
cronk, turner, turner, friend, laulu-togagae are some of there tanks........

laulu-togagae is one of the most muscley players ive ever seen