What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R10 Sat :: Panthers 26 Sharks 22 @ CUA

Heritage Round 10 - Panthers v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

pen-her.jpg

PENRITH PANTHERS
1. Jarrod Sammut
2. Geoff Daniela 3. Michael Jennings 4. Gavin Cooper 5. Shane Elford
6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh
8. Petero Civoniceva 9. Paul Aiton 10. Matthew Bell
11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard
13. Luke Lewis​

Interchange: 14. Nathan Smith 15. Lachlan Coote 16. Tim Grant 17. Frank Puletua
Reserves: 18. Maurice Blair 19. Adam Woolnough​

cro-her.jpg

CRONULLA SUTHERLAND SHARKS
1. Bronx Goodwin
2. David Simmons 3. Ben Pomeroy 4. Mitch Brown 5. Luke Covell
6. Trent Barrett 7. Brett Seymour
8. Kade Snowden 9. Corey Hughes 10. Luke Douglas
11. Reece Williams 12. Anthony Tupou
13. Paul Gallen (c)​

Interchange: 14. Reni Maitua 15. Jacob Selmes 16. Johnny Mannah 17. Terence Seu Seu​

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jared Maxwell & Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Gavin Reynolds & Mohamad Fajajo
Video Referee: Russell Smith​

Toyota Cup Round 10
Penrith v Cronulla-Sutherland
CUA Stadium, Saturday 5:15pm​

NSW Cup Round 9
Bankstown City (BUL) v Windsor (PEN)
The Crest Stadium, Saturday 3:00pm​

Shellharbour City (STG) v Cronulla Sutherland (CRO)
Ron Costello Oval, Sunday 3:30pm​

Last edited:
If the Sharks want a reason for motivation, nothing will compare to Heritage Round. They have to step up. Penrith, a team in some decent form will be hard to top. Both teams coming off a bye, so lets see how this one goes.
Penrith by 8.

t1tan

Juniors
Depends on which penrith team turns up.
If you read the penriff forum some of the bright sparks are talking about resting players-how arrogant.
Sharks will flog 'em if the panfers think they only have to turn up to win.

Sleep

Juniors
This is the first game this year that I truly believe Penrith will dominate. Cronulla have injury worries and a whole lot more.

mxlegend99

Referee
If the Panthers come in and treat the Sharks as they have all the other teams this season, we should win this game quiet easily. If we go in thinking that we will win this game because the Sharks have lost 7 games in a row.... they'll absolutely smash us.

We have a stronger team on paper, and we're looking much better as a team then the Sharks. But it just takes one game for momentum to change.

Last edited:

choc_soldier

Coach
I don't know - the events of this week could very well galvanise the Sharkies, and play out of their skins.

If Penrith are the real deal this year, this is a game that we must win, and probably quite comfortably too.

I'll tip the Panthers (like I always do), but a Sharks win is definitely not out of the question.

pantherz9103

First Grade
We have to win a game like this if we have really turned the corner. A loss would be embarassing considering we'd have lost twice to the Sharks when everyone else has beaten them. That would be a sign that we will struggle again in 09. The Sharks will hit hard in defence, but I'm confident we can outscore them and win by around 10-16 points.

mxlegend99

Referee
I can already see the Sharks beating us, and the fans over at PI coming up with excuses as to why it happened... and ignoring the real reason. (our coach).

We're getting close to the same period in which we started to slack off last season. I'm hoping it doesn't happen again this year... but i'm not convinced we're a COMPLETELY different team yet. This is the sort of game we need to win to prove we have improved.

Latest posts