What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R13 Fri :: Tigers 10 Panthers 26 @ Leichhardt

Round 13 :: Tigers v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

wes-alt.jpg

WESTS TIGERS
1. Tim Moltzen
2. Taniela Tuiaki 3. Blake Ayshford 4. Dene Halatau 5. Beau Ryan
6. John Morris 7. Benji Marshall (c)
8. Todd Payten 9. Robbie Farah 10. Bryce Gibbs
11. Gareth Ellis 12. Chris Heighington
13. Corey Payne​

Interchange: 14. Daine Laurie 15. Danny Galea 16. Rhys Hanbury 17. John Skandalis​

pen-alt.jpg

PENRITH PANTHERS
1. Jarrod Sammut
2. Geoff Daniela 3. Brad Tighe 4. Michael Jennings 5. Shane Elford
6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh
8. Petero Civoniceva (c) 9. Paul Aiton 10. Frank Puletua
11. Trent Waterhouse 12. Frank Pritchard
13. Luke Lewis​

Interchange: 14. Lachlan Coote 15. Nathan Smith 16. Gavin Cooper 17. Matthew Bell
Reserves: 18. Tim Grant 19. Masada Iosefa 20. Joseph Paulo 21. Maurice Blair​

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jason Robinson & Bernard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall & Chris James
Video Referee: Chris Ward​

Toyota Cup Round 13
Wests v Penrith
Leichhardt Oval, Friday 5:15pm​

NSW Cup Round 11
Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) v Shellharbour (STG)
Leichhardt Oval Saturday 2:30pm​

Western Suburbs (WST) v Bankstown City (BUL)
Campbelltown, Saturday 2:00pm​

Windsor (PEN) BYE​

r13-wstpen-1.jpg

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Assuming that our Origin players get through without picking up an injuries, i think we can grab a decent win here.

Although if they aren't able to backup, and Sammut is out injured along with Waterhoues and Gordon.... it could be a very painful game to watch.

Assuming that our Origin players get through without picking up an injuries, i think we can grab a decent win here.

Although if they aren't able to backup, and Sammut is out injured along with Waterhoues and Gordon.... it could be a very painful game to watch.

Painful is watching an injury depleted Tigers.

Why is it that the crap players never get injured yet the good players are so vulnerable?

Penrith by 13++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

What's the Tigers' record against Penrith over the years, 4-15?

Timmah

Staff member
Love Leichhardt, attending my first game there on Friday, can't wait :D

pantherz9103

First Grade
We'll need to win this. We could be out of the 8 after tonight, all for just 1 bad loss with a depleted team. Hope we can recapture our form of pre-origin

mxlegend99

Referee
Well our team this week could be extremely interesting.

Monday, April 27, 2009
Injuries from the Dragons game:
Jarrod Sammut - torn rectus femoris - Doctor will assess on Monday, no time frame give, might be right to play against Tigers, but might not too
Frank Puletua - left elbow - Doctor will assess on Monday
Nathan Smith - corked left leg - will need to check for compartment syndrome
Paul Aiton - left shoulder - will assess on Monday

Outstanding injuries:
Adam Woolnough - left shoulder - possibly 4 weeks
Michael Gordon - ankle - 9 weeks
Trent Waterhouse - eye (hyphema) - return for Tigers game
Brad Tighe - pectoral muscle tear - return for Tigers game

Nathan Smith is the only bloke injured from the Dragons game that we could afford to replace IMO. Aiton and Sammut have been brilliant for us this season, and Frank Puletua is probably our third best front rower at the moment. Petero being the best obviously, and Matt Bell being second best IMO.

MacDougall

First Grade
Galloway
Lawrence
Galea
Collis
Tagive

Farah backing up.

We aren't exactly at full strength. Our backline is shot to pieces and Galloway is our best forward.

I expect the Panthers to win unfortunately. I also think that would effectively kill our season.

mxlegend99

Referee
We will hopefully have Luke Lewis, Petero Civoniceva and Michael Jennings backing up. They're very important players to our side.

With the blokes under injury clouds, and our Origin players having the potential to be injured. We could be down anywhere from 2 to 10 players.

Rovelli

Bench
If Penrith get their Origin guys back, they definitely look the superior team. They also trounced the Tigers by 20 earlier in the season.

mxlegend99

Referee
Well after seeing the team video announcement, i'm feeling a little more confident. Sammut is 50/50 to play, and Waterhouse is waiting for an ok from the drs to play. Everyone else is pretty much certain to play.

If we get through Origin without injuries, we should be pretty close to full strength.

Timmah

Staff member
Correction: Robbie Farah to run rampant - NSW by 8.

:cool:

thommo4pm

Coach
Galloway
Lawrence
Galea
Collis
Tagive

Farah backing up.

We aren't exactly at full strength. Our backline is shot to pieces and Galloway is our best forward.

I expect the Panthers to win unfortunately. I also think that would effectively kill our season.

You could be right, a loss here will make it extremely difficult to get into the 8....even though we are only at the halfway point of the comp.

Losing on Friday night would see the Tigers at lest 6 points out of the 8.

I just can't pick the Tigers form of recent times though.
I'm going to say Penrith, purely because they have the extra few days recovery and no travel involved from last weekend....the Tigers obviously had to travel to / from NZ and would have got back to Sydney yesterday....short preparation for them this week.

murraymob

First Grade
waterhouse will play
if sammut is out coote goes to fullback we lose nothing there
i think elliott will bring masada isofia in on the bench to cover aiton if sammut is out

thommo4pm

Coach
waterhouse will play
if sammut is out coote goes to fullback we lose nothing there
i think elliott will bring masada isofia in on the bench to cover aiton if sammut is out

If your Origin boys back up, the Tigers wont have enough in them to match you guys.

mxlegend99

Referee
We just have to hope Michael Jennings is able to backup successfully. I can see Lewis and Petero doing it no worries. It would be nothing new for them. Michael Jennings wouldn't be used to play 2 games in 3 days.

Lambretta

First Grade
Black pussy vs Oompah Loompah pussy?

That's a tough choice

Actually, midgets are so last year - So I'm going the Panthers

Mind you - that logic goes out the window when you consider the action is at Leichhardt. The orange ones have an excellent record there.

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Jennings most likely won't play now. That's why I'm pissed with origin. A very ordinary lot with the exception of a few play in the Blue jersey, they lose and Jennings cops another injury.

This is certainly a winnable game for us but its at Leichhardt and the Tigers will be desperate. We'll have to be as well to win. Hopefully if its close the Tigers will continue their poor recent record in tight games and we'll get away with it.

Latest posts