What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R15 Mon :: Sharks 46 Broncos 12 @ Toyota

Round 15 :: Sharks v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

cro-alt.jpg

CRONULLA SUTHERLAND SHARKS
1. Nathan Stapleton
2. Blake Ferguson 3. Matt Wright 4. Mitch Brown 5. Luke Covell (c)
6. Blake Green 7. Scott Porter
8. Kade Snowden 9. Corey Hughes 10. Johnny Mannah
11. Atelea Vea 12. Luke Douglas
13. Reece Williams

Interchange: 14. Jacob Selmes 15. Grant Millington 16. Ben Pomeroy 17. Terence Seu Seu

bri-alt.jpg

BRISBANE BRONCOS
1. Dale Copley
2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Steve Michaels 4. Alex Glenn 5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Andrew McCullough 7. Ben Hunt
8. Joel Clinton 9. PJ Marsh 10. Nick Kenny
11. Josh McGuire 12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker (c)

Interchange: 14. Lagi Setu 15. Ashton Sims 16. Palmer Wapau 17. Guy Williams

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger & Brett Suttor
Sideline Officials: Adam Devcich & Peter Kirby
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Toyota Cup Round 15
Cronulla Sutherland v Brisbane
Toyota Stadium, Monday 4:45pm

NSW Cup Round 13
Cronulla Sutherland (CRO) v Wentworthville (PAR)
Toyota Stadium, Saturday 3:00pm

QLD Cup Round 14
Norths (BRI) v Burleigh
Bishop Park, Sunday 3:00pm

r15-crobri.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
We usually have trouble beating the baby broncs.

Hopefully Barrett does not get picked for NSW.

Rovelli

Bench
Sharks will go into this game as favourites, and a three-game win streak and I'm happy for them, after all the sh*t that has gone on. Broncos on the slippery slope are not much chop without Darren Lockyer, let alone without Hunt, Hodges (injured), Folau, Thaiday etc.

Cronulla to continue rebuilding their season with a tight win.

Cronulla by 1-4.

McLovin

Staff member
No Gal, No Barrett...Sharks are bung up sh*t creek...

Broncos 24 - 10 Sharks

McLovin

Staff member
I dont think weve won a match with Green in the team. I'd rather have Kade Snowden at 5/8th tbh...

BrisVegas

Juniors
The official team for the R15 clash with the Sharks:

http://www.broncos.com.au/default.aspx?s=team

Brisbane Broncos

1. Dale Copley
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Alex Glenn
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Andrew McCullough
7. Ben Hunt
8. Joel Clinton
9. PJ Marsh
10. Nick Kenny
11. Josh McGuire
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker (c)

Interchange:
14. Lagi Setu
15. Ashton Sims
16. Palmer Wapau
17. Guy Williams

I like the make-up of the squad.

The Pack is almost full strength (missing only Thaiday), and the balance is good with Joel Clinton, Nick Kenny and Josh McGuire (who proved he is deserving last week) all starting. Ashton Sims should then provide impact by coming on at the 25 minute mark.

Hunt/McCullough is a good halves pairing that should be able to draw on their U20's combination. McCullough's versatility also means he can play more of a dummy half role as the game progresses, with PJ Marsh taking a bit of a breather in the halves.

The backline is probably the best that can be named, and provides the perfect opportunity for Steve Michaels to stand up and take a leadership role. I'm pretty sure Josh Hoffman would have gotten a run at Fullback if not for his injury issues, but I'm keen to see how Dale Copley goes. Alex Glenn could also play more of a 2nd row / roving role as the game progresses, with Guy Williams shifting into the Centres.

With the Sharks missing Gallen, Topou and Barrett, this is likely a game that will be won or lost through forward dominance and commitment to defence. If the Broncos can fix those areas, I'm tipping Brisbane by 1-12.

Last edited:

Rovelli

Bench
This one is incredibly difficult to pick. Broncos' forward pack remains pretty much intact, the Sharks on the improve. I gave the benefit of the doubt to the Sharks earlier in the week, now I'm not so sure.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
With Luke Covell leading the side as captain and chief organiser , combined with the fact the Broncos are down and out with injuries, Sharks should win this one 28-14.

Big Pete

Referee
Hehe.

I expect a competitive match up with the Sharks ultimately prevailing to the sound of 8 points in a low scoring match.

Scotty Porter will outplay Hunt and a number of fans will be asking, "What's so special about Ben Hunt" for the next year.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Hehe.

I expect a competitive match up with the Sharks ultimately prevailing to the sound of 8 points in a low scoring match.

Scotty Porter will outplay Hunt and a number of fans will be asking, "What's so special about Ben Hunt" for the next year.

Big Pete, so negative? GoTheBroncs! Hope the Broncos can match the sharks. Covell will have to watch out for Michaels devastating form...

Latest posts