What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R17 Sun :: Raiders 34 Titans 28 @ Canberra

Round 17 :: Raiders v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

teams-can-main.jpg

1. Josh Dugan
2. Justin Carney 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joel Monaghan 5. Phil Graham
6. Terry Campese 7. Marc Herbert
8. David Shillington 9. Glen Buttriss 10. Troy Thompson
11. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs 12. Bronson Harrison
13. Alan Tongue (c)

Interchange: 14. Trevor Thurling 15. Nigel Plum 16. Josh Miller 17. Dane Tilse

teams-gco-alt.jpg

1. Preston Campbell
2. Kevin Gordon 3. Esi Tonga 4. Brett Delaney 5. Chris Walker
6. Mat Rogers 7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Matt White 9. Nathan Friend 10. Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi 12. Brad Meyers
13. Daniel Conn

Interchange: 14. Aaron Cannings 15. Will Matthews 16. Josh Graham 17. William Zillman
Reserves: 18. David Mead

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger & Chris James
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy & Adam Reid
Video Referee: Chris Ward

Toyota Cup Round 17
Canberra v Gold Coast
Canberra Stadium, Sunday 11:45am

QRL City v Country
XXXX City v XXXX Country
Teams & info - click here
Ipswich Brothers, Sat 4 July

r17-cangco.jpg

Last edited:

jpaciocco91

Juniors
Tits by 10. Raiders could win though considering the Tits have lost their past 2 matches at Canberra by 46 and 42 points or something like that.

mongoose

Coach
Raiders by 8.

Titans hate playing down in canberra and our confidence should be high after the storm beating.

Raider_69

Post Whore
we have a good record against the tits down at canberra, but after the high of such a mamoth win last week, i feel a massive low coming on this week

in saying that, if we can managed to do the job on the tits, on the back of those two wins it could really spur us on to another late surge

shear_joy9

Coach
might have to bring some fireworks or an airhorn to this one as payback for the titans "explosion" tactic.

I hope all canberra players haven't forgotten about the selfish, traitor zillman. They should target those dodgy knees of his.

Raider_69

Post Whore
I hope all canberra players haven't forgotten about the selfish, traitor zillman. They should target those dodgy knees of his.

Thats abit heavy, no need to try and take the kid out for another reco, but i certainly wouldnt mind seeing him on the end of a TLL bell ringer :cool:

skeepe

Immortal
Some interesting stats...

At Canberra Stadium:
Played 2, Canberra 2 Gold Coast Titans 0

Biggest scorelines:
Canberra 46-4 Gold Coast, 2008 (3rd biggest loss in Titans history)
Canberra 56-10 Gold Coast, 2007 (biggest loss in Titans history)

Record for any Gold Coast team in Canberra:

Played 9, Canberra Raiders 9 Gold Coast 0

Biggest Scorelines:
Canberra 56-6 Gold Coast, 1995 (2nd biggest loss in pre-Titans Gold Coast history)
Canberra 56-10 Gold Coast, 2007
Canberra 50-6 Gold Coast, 1988
Canberra 48-4 Gold Coast, 1993
Canberra 46-4 Gold Coast, 2008

Interesting that, despite how bad the Gold Coast of the early 90's was and how good the Raiders were at that time, both Titans visits to Canberra rank in the top 5 biggest losses for a Gold Coast team in Canberra.

It's fair to say that Canberra has not been a happy hunting ground at all for any side with Gold Coast in the name, with over 50% of matches having a winning margin of 42+ and long may that continue.

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
If Raiders win this it could spur them on a charge to the 8 with several teams on the fringe struggling with injuries (notably Penrith). But a loss would finish them off for the year you'd think.

Boofhead

Juniors
With several key players out, it won't be an easy task for the Titan's. It's a different team compared to the last two years though and they are finding ways to win tight games where as Raiders definately know how to lose a game. Carty will have the boys firing. Titans 13+

Paullyboy

Coach
I'm supremely confident (yes, that's right - supremely) about us winning. As a direct result of me being confident of a Raiders win I have just lost all confidence in us.

aussies1st

Staff member
If we lose this we can kiss good bye any hope of making the Finals. We have already given up too many games at home, another one would spell the end.

Raiders by 20.

When the tits lost down there in 07, they had the likes of prince, they had campbell, they had bailey, and still got towelled, this time they've got a lot of injuries, they'll get trampled in the forwards and Dugan will run riot.

Latest posts