What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Fri :: Rabbitohs 36 Panthers 12 @ ANZ

Round 18 :: Rabbitohs v Panthers

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

teams-sou-main.jpg

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Jamie Simpson 3. Colin Best 4. Beau Champion 5. Fetuli Talanoa
6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow
8. Luke Stuart 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. Ben Lowe 12. Eddy Pettybourne
13. David Fa’alogo​

Interchange: 14. Beau Falloon 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Dave Tyrrell 17. Scott Geddes
Reserves: 18. Garrett Crossman​

teams-pen-alt.jpg

1. Jarrod Sammut
2. Ben McFadgeon 3. Geoff Daniela 4. Brad Tighe 5. Junior Tia-Kilifi
6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh
8. Tim Grant 9. Paul Aiton 10. Frank Puletua
11. Gavin Cooper 12. Joseph Paulo
13. Nathan Smith​

Interchange: 14. Maurice Blair 15. Adam Woolnough 16. Matthew Bell 17. Joel Romelo
Reserves: 18. Sam McKendry 19. Andrew Emelio​

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Ben Cummins & Tony De Las Heras
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland & Adam Devcich
Video Referee: Phil Cooley​

Toyota Cup Round 18
South Sydney v Penrith
ANZ Stadium, Friday 5:15pm​

NSW Cup Round 15 (Split Round)
North Sydney (SOU) 32 lost to Central Coast (MEL) 42
North Sydney Oval, played Sat 4 Jul 2:30pm​

Windsor (PEN) Bye​

r18-soupen.jpg

Last edited:

murraymob

First Grade
panthers injury list has grown out of this match .So much so elliott is calling for any supporters with grade experience to grab there boots they may get a call up

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Injured for Penrith - Petero,Lewis,Pritchard(broken hand),Daniela,Woolnough,Iosefa,Gordon,Coote,Elford
Origin -Jennings and probably Waterhouse.

At full-strength Penrith will win. However, i think Souths are a huge chance even after last night.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Any team that is without the best backrow in the comp and the best frontrower is going to struggle. Not to mention one of the best attacking outside backs in Jennings.

I'd like to think that we will be a chance to win this one. However, give that the only blokes who put in against the Tigers, Crocker and Wing, will be missing from our side, it basically will come down to who has the greater depth.

Even with the Panthers missing so many players, I would rate their reserve grade side as better than whats left of our first grade side this week. The other big difference is that the Panthers are playing like a sdie who wants to win games. We aren't.

Rovelli

Bench
Penrith could be a real force had they remained anywhere near injury-free. Jennings looked to be somewhere near his best yesterday with his three tries plus setting up the match-winner. He will probably be in SOO 3. Crocker and Wing playing in the same game will hurt Souths. Souths won't turn in another POS performance like Saturday again, but I'm going with Penrith at this early stage.

Sleep

Juniors
Penrith will really struggle to put a side up for this one if Waterhouse is picked for Origin. Pritchard is out with a broken hand so they're really short on troops.

murraymob

First Grade
dont worry sleep.Just got a call from elliott i am playing.In order to get around the salary cap we are using a excemption for chinese players.I will run out as ming long.I actually think we may struggle to name 17 fit players from within the contracted squad

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Souths fans will have every right to demand that their coach be sacked if they don't win this weekend. It's just absolutely unacceptable for a first grade side to be playing as they have. If they can't beat what is essentially a reserve grade team with the side they have, then there's something wrong.

At full strength our side is fairly inexperienced, and i would imagine that between our injuries and origin players we would be missing close to 90% of our experience. That's assuming that Waterhouse is also out of this match. If he plays he would account for a fair bit of our experience.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Penrith's attitude is still alot better than Souths at the moment. So I am still quietly confident now that we've proved with a team of kids that we can score plenty of points.

Sleep

Juniors
With Waterhouse gone Penrith are really doing it tough. We really need to win this one so I hope we can pull it out. Souths have always been a bogey team for us too. Graham and Walsh are going to have to play the game of their lives.

mxlegend99

Referee
It's going to be a sh*tty looking side. With a potential of up to 11 players missing, we're going to be down atleast 5 current representative players... including our entire starting backrow:

Michael Jennings
Petero Civoniceva
Trent Waterhouse
Frank Pritchard
Luke Lewis

Ontop of some solid first grade players:
Lachlan Coote
Michael Gordon
Geoff Daniela
Shane Elford
Adam Woolnough
Masada Iosefa

Hopefully Daniela and/or Elford are back for this game, as we need the experience.If the Souths can't win this game by 13+ they're absolutely pathetic.

mxlegend99

Referee
Will be interesting to see if either team learns how to tackle between now and Friday night. Despite Souths being in average form and the Panthers being a reserve grade side, this looks like it could be a high scoring game.

Latest posts