What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R20 Sun :: Warriors 4 Dragons 29 @ Mt Smart

Round 20 :: Warriors v Dragons

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
info09-r20nzwstg.jpg

teams-nzw-main.jpg

1. Wade McKinnon
2. Kevin Locke 3. Jerome Ropati 4. Joel Moon 5. Manu Vatuvei
6. Isaac John 7. Stacey Jones
8. Sam Rapira 9. Ian Henderson 10. Steve Price (c)
11. Simon Mannering 12. Ben Matulino
13. Micheal Luck (vc)

Interchange: 14. Patrick Ah Van 15. Lewis Brown 16. Lance Hohaia 17. Jacob Lillyman
Reserves: 18. Russell Packer 19. Jesse Royal

teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd
2. Brett Morris 3. Beau Scott 4. Matt Cooper 5. Wendell Sailor
6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Justin Poore 9. Nathan Fien 10. Michael Weyman
11. Dean Young 12. Ben Creagh
13. Neville Costigan

Interchange: 14. Dan Hunt 15. Matt Prior 16. Luke Priddis 17. Jarrod Saffy
Reserves: 18. Jeremy Smith 19. Chase Stanley 21. Jon Green

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger & Ashley Klein
Touch Judges: Steve Chiddy, Gavin Morris
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins

Toyota Cup Round 20
New Zealand v St George Illawarra
Mt Smart Stadium, Sunday 11:45am AEST (1:45pm NZT)

NSW Cup Round 17
Auckland (NZW) v North Sydney (SOU)
Mt Smart Stadium #2, Saturday 11:00am

Shellharbour City (STG) v Wentworthville (PAR)
Ron Costello Oval, Sunday 3:30pm

r20-nzwstg.jpg

Last edited:

Rovelli

Bench
I see two possible outcomes here:

Scenario 1:
The Warriors, buoyed by today's win, start a late (and probably futile) revival in wet conditions to beat the rusty Dragons in a close one.

Scenario 2:
The break allows the Dragons' injured list to dwindle, and coming with a near-full strength side, they put us to the sword to kill any playoff dreams for 2009.

I'm going with Scenario 2 for now.

Firey_Dragon

Coach
The warriors scored over 14 points for the first time in 12 rounds against the Roosters yesterday, against what can only be described as some pretty woeful defence. They are deadset clueless in attack, I'll be amazed if they score more than 8 against us. We should be getting Smith back, and obviously Poore, Creagh, Boyd, Costigan and potentially Prior.

Dragons by 26+

Truthy746

Juniors
I see two possible outcomes here:

Scenario 1:
The Warriors, buoyed by today's win, start a late (and probably futile) revival in wet conditions to beat the rusty Dragons in a close one.

Scenario 2:
The break allows the Dragons' injured list to dwindle, and coming with a near-full strength side, they put us to the sword to kill any playoff dreams for 2009.

I'm going with Scenario 2 for now.

I see number one happening personally. It's always hard going across to NZ, and I see it most likely ending up with a low scoreline like 12-10 or something similar. But anyways, Warriors to win in a close one.

jpaciocco91

Juniors
This will be a close one. Last time saints played in NZ (2007) we put on our worst defensive effort of the year, conceding 44 pts after we had beaten Canberra 58-16.
I think saints will win this week considering we will have plenty of injured players returning, but not by many points. 6-16.

Rovelli

Bench
Just can't help but think how Michael Witt could've won us a game in Wollongong back in R8 with his goal-kicking....Jerome Ropati's failure to catch the ball with the line beckoning also cost us the game too...Ben Creagh's blatant offside etc.

This is the new Dragons here. Just don't think the Dragons will play a bad 80 minutes....they haven't yet I don't think.

Worst case scenario for them is they play a poor first half; at that time, Bennett gives them a spray and they turn it around in the second-half (where they generally play even better).

nqcowboy87

Bench
the team has been named with ah van, brown, hohia and lillyman making up the bench. a winger, half/hooker, fullback/half and a second rower, i think therell be a few changes

One Warrior

Bench
the team has been named with ah van, brown, hohia and lillyman making up the bench. a winger, half/hooker, fullback/half and a second rower, i think therell be a few changes

Actually 6 have been named on the bench, the others are Packer and Royal, most likely to drop off will be Ah Van and Royal, Ah Van is there as cover for Locke who is likely to be back. Gives you a bench of Hohaia, Brown, Packer and Lillyman, Brown is a hooker/backrow who can play centre and has been going really well in the backrow. Take out Lillyman and put in Ta'ai and thats not a bad bench.

ironhorse

Juniors
Mt Smart is currently not the stronghold it once was , witness a bulldogs side missing 8 first graders playing over them two weeks ago......dragons by a couple of dozen .