What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R21 Sun :: Rabbitohs 18 Bulldogs 26 @ ANZ

Round 21 :: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

teams-sou-main.jpg

1. Nathan Merritt
2. Jamie Simpson 3. Colin Best 4. Beau Champion 5. Fetuli Talanoa
6. John Sutton 7. Chris Sandow
8. Luke Stuart 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi (c)
11. Ben Lowe 12. Eddy Pettybourne
13. David Fa'alogo​

Interchange: 14. Craig Wing 15. Shannan McPherson 16. Michael Crocker 17. Scott Geddes
Reserves: 18. Dave Tyrrell​

teams-bul-alt.jpg

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri 3. Josh Morris 4. Jamal Idris 5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts 7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant 9. Michael Ennis 10. Michael Hodgson
11. Gary Warburton 12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg​

Interchange: 14. Chris Armit 15. Greg Eastwood 16. Yileen Gordon 17. Jarrad Hickey​

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gavin Badger & Ashley Klein
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy & Gavin Morris
Video Referee: Sean Hampstead​

Toyota Cup Round 21
South Sydney v Bulldogs
ANZ Stadium, Sunday 12:45pm​

NSW Cup Round 18
North Sydney (SOU) v Newtown (SYD)
North Sydney Oval, Saturday 2:30pm​

Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) v Bankstown City (BUL)
Leichhardt Oval, Saturday 3:00pm​

r21-soubul.jpg

Last edited:

Chook Norris

First Grade
should attract a minimum 25k crowd.
I too, can feel a big match this one.. I can see Souffs toppling the Dogs in an upset.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
If Souths win tomorrow night and its a fine day next Sunday 30k is definately on the cards.

dogz08

First Grade
If we play like we did against Parra we'll lose.. if we play like we did against the Titans we'll probably win

Bulldogs by 10

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
We won't play as bad as we did last week.. We will be up for a HUGE one. All the boys are disappointed, they were even sort of apologising at the fan day on Sunday which shows that they know how bad it was and that it wasn't a standard we are use to this year.

Bulldogs by at least 12.

The team I expect from Moore is:
Patten, El Masri, Morris, Idris, Goodwin, Roberts, Kimmorley, Hannant, Ennis, Hodgson, Warburton, Ryan, Stagg -INT- Armit, Eastwood, Morrin, Holdsworth

The team I'd like to see:
Patten, El Masri, Morris, Idris, Goodwin, Roberts, Kimmorley, Hannant, Ennis, Hodgson, Warburton, Ryan, Stagg -INT- Armit, Eastwood, Gordon, Barba

andrew123

Juniors
We won't play as bad as we did last week.. We will be up for a HUGE one. All the boys are disappointed, they were even sort of apologising at the fan day on Sunday which shows that they know how bad it was and that it wasn't a standard we are use to this year.

Bulldogs by at least 12.

The team I expect from Moore is:
Patten, El Masri, Morris, Idris, Goodwin, Roberts, Kimmorley, Hannant, Ennis, Hodgson, Warburton, Ryan, Stagg -INT- Armit, Eastwood, Morrin, Holdsworth

The team I'd like to see:
Patten, El Masri, Morris, Idris, Goodwin, Roberts, Kimmorley, Hannant, Ennis, Hodgson, Warburton, Ryan, Stagg -INT- Armit, Eastwood, Gordon, Barba

i agree, although holdsworth will get picked again unfortunately:x, still unbeleivable he was starting lock last week, when eastwood could have done a better job, especially considering we needed better defense

a fired up dogs by 16

Timmah

Staff member
Worst part would have to be that he was actually showing some decent form earlier on... he's gone back to his terrible form of 2008...

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
We will have to play better than we did against that Sydney outfit tonight if we are to be a chance in this one.

We will have to play better than we did against that Sydney outfit tonight if we are to be a chance in this one.

I actually think the reason we were a bit off last night was because the boys had their mind on this game. I think it should be an absolute cracker. We are high on confidence and on a roll and the Dogs will be dirty about getting done by Parra last week and will be looking to bounce back hard against us. Neither side lacks the ability to score points but I get the feeling, both sides will be looking to grind a win out of this one.

If we get sucked into a grinding game, I think we will get rolled as we did last time we played the Dogs. If we get away to a lead early and decide to be a bit more adventurous, I reckon we will win. Hopefully JT is watching video of how Parra dismantled the Dogs defence last week as we speak. Our defence is nowhere near as good as the Dogs, so we must win this via our attack.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Just a bit of a reminder the last two times we lost matches..

First the video ref fiasco against the Dragons in Round 10.. The next week, we came out and hammered the Storm in Gosford in a brutal display and a great bounce back win.

Then, Manly won in a tight one in Round 17.. The next week, we were missing 8 players and won in the dying stages against the Warriors.

Now, we've lost to the Eels and come up against the Rabbitohs. I am really expecting a big match from the Bulldogs. We haven't lost back to back all year and will be out to prove a point.

Bodsy

Juniors
Same, Going to be a great game, souths should come in underdogs, the way we like it.

We can do it.

Bumble

First Grade
Bulldog arrogance will be off the charts by game day

"Oh we can't lose 2 in a row...it's only Souths blah blah blah"

Not saying we'll win but there is no way it will be an easy win to either side.

Timmah

Staff member
I can't see it being an easy victory and I highly doubt the team will go in thinking they have it won.