What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R23 Fri :: Cowboys 12 Bulldogs 22 @ Dairy Farmers

Round 23 :: Cowboys v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Live Channel 9, 7:30pm

teams-nql-main.jpg

1. Matthew Bowen
2. Ty Williams 3. Ashley Graham 4. Willie Tonga 5. John Williams
6. Grant Rovelli 7. Johnathon Thurston
8. Shane Tronc 9. Anthony Watts 10. Matt Scott
11. Carl Webb 12. Scott Bolton
13. Luke O'Donnell​

Interchange: 14. Steve Southern 15. Steve Rapira 16. Antonio Kaufusi 17. James Tamou
Reserves: 18. Manase Manukafoa; Reserves: 19. Travis Burns​

teams-bul-main.jpg

1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri 3. Josh Morris 4. Jamal Idris 5. Bryson Goodwin
6. Ben Roberts 7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Jarrad Hickey 9. Michael Ennis 10. Michael Hodgson
11. Gary Warburton 12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg​

Interchange: 14. Brad Morrin 15. Chris Armit 16. Greg Eastwood 17. Yileen Gordon​

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Shayne Hayne & Jason Robinson
Sideline Officials: Steve Chiddy & Gavin Morris
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan​

Toyota Cup Round 23
Cowboys v Bulldogs @ Dairy Farmers, Friday 5:15pm​

QLD Cup Round 21
Northern (NQL) v Central @ Barlow Park, Saturday 7:00pm​

Souths Logan (CAN) v Mackay (NQL) @ Davies Park, Sunday 2:00pm​

NSW Cup Round 20 (Split Round)
Windsor (PEN) v Bankstown (BUL) @ Windsor, Sat 22 Aug 6:00pm​

r23-nqlbul.jpg

Last edited:

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
I'll be going with Cowboys in this one. I hate tipping against the 'Dogs but for tipping sake I'm going to go with my head.

We just have not been playing well at all. I believe this is the match the team, the coaching staff etc will realise that our form has been average and we need to start putting our foot on the accelerator leading into finals footy.

A loss here will do that for us, however I do hope this will be the game we peek and win and hit our strides. But I just don't see it happening, especially at Dairy Farmer.

Timmah

Staff member
From memory we haven't won at DFS in a little while and I don't know that we'll get up here.

Happy that it's the live game but not holding my breath for victory after the pathetic capitulation to the Raiders. We need to lift our game BIG time.

Ianc

Juniors
Cowboys form is better than the Bulldogs atm but The Bulldogs know how to win a game regardless of how they are playing. The Cowboys haven't found that yet, I'm hoping it comes this week.

A win this week could put us in a good position coming into the finals.

andrew123

Juniors
I'll be going with Cowboys in this one. I hate tipping against the 'Dogs but for tipping sake I'm going to go with my head.

We just have not been playing well at all. I believe this is the match the team, the coaching staff etc will realise that our form has been average and we need to start putting our foot on the accelerator leading into finals footy.

A loss here will do that for us, however I do hope this will be the game we peek and win and hit our strides. But I just don't see it happening, especially at Dairy Farmer.

i'd still never go against my team

dogs in a very tight one by...4-7

Dee

Juniors
Always look forward to games against the dogs, in recent times they've always been a cracker of a game! Hoping Friday brings much happiness!

Cows to win in a tight one..

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
i'd still never go against my team

dogs in a very tight one by...4-7
I'm not going against them, as in cheering against them if that's what your implying? I just meant I'll be tipping the Cowboys. Of course I'll be cheering us on and hoping for a win.

Come on 'Doggies.

StinkyPete

Juniors
cowboys can't get a home semi anymore. so i'm hoping we end up in 6th playing titans at skilled so I can go :). cowboys can't win away so we have to make every home count. cows by 7

andrew123

Juniors
I'm not going against them, as in cheering against them if that's what your implying? I just meant I'll be tipping the Cowboys. Of course I'll be cheering us on and hoping for a win.

Come on 'Doggies.

im not tryna start a forum fight or anything coz frankly i dont give a sh*t

but generally when u tip a team, u are implying they will win, so you are tipping the cowboys will beat the bulldogs. so therefore i see that as going against the bulldogs

Timmah

Staff member
im not tryna start a forum fight or anything coz frankly i dont give a sh*t

but generally when u tip a team, u are implying they will win, so you are tipping the cowboys will beat the bulldogs. so therefore i see that as going against the bulldogs
Geez mate ease up, tipping and supporting are two entirely different things. B4L will be cheering us all the way and hoping for a win, but in terms of tipping he's using his noggin. It's like when you see someone post "head: Cowboys by 2, heart: Bulldogs by 10" sort of thing. I think you're being too harsh.
Cowboys are in better form, they should win this by 10
Rubbish. They got thoroughly outplayed by Melbourne on Friday night. Prior to that they might have played very well against the Titans but outside that they've been inconsistent like us. That said, I think they've got more strike weapons than we do (Bowen and Thurston namely, the first of which was missing in Round 16 if I recall correctly).

Whoosh

Juniors
I want the Bulldogs to win by plenty - let me make that clear.
I also want to win my tipping competition so I'll be tipping the Cowboys. I hope I'm wrong.