What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R23 Sun :: Broncos 58 Panthers 24 @ Suncorp

Round 23 :: Broncos v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Delayed Channel 9, 4:00pm

teams-bri-main.jpg

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Alex Glenn 4. Justin Hodges 5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer (c) 7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny 9. Andrew McCullough 10. David Taylor
11. Tonie Carroll 12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker​

Interchange: 14. Lagi Setu 15. Ben Te'o 16. Josh McGuire 17. Ashton Sims​

teams-pen-alt.jpg

1. Jarrod Sammut
2. Junior Tia-Kilifi 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Michael Gordon
6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh
8. Frank Puletua 9. Paul Aiton 10. Matthew Bell
11. Trent Waterhouse (c) 12. Frank Pritchard
13. Luke Lewis​

Interchange: 14. Nathan Smith 15. Gavin Cooper 16. Joseph Paulo 17. Maurice Blair
Reserves: 18. Adam Woolnough 19. Tim Grant​

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Shayne Hayne & Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland & Gavin Morris
Video Referee: Tim Mander​

Toyota Cup Round 23
Broncos v Panthers @ Suncorp, Sunday 12:45pm​

QLD Cup Round 21
Norths (BRI) v Tweed Heads @ Bishop Park, Saturday 2:00pm​

NSW Cup Round 20 (Split Round)
Windsor (PEN) v Bankstown (BUL) @ Windsor, Sat 22 Aug 6:00pm​

r23-bripen.jpg

Last edited:

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Looking forward to the trip up there, hopefully it doesn't go like Round 1 last year when i was there last...

Eelectrica

Referee
God only knows. Broncos used to be an automatic pick, Sharks might have played them back into form though.
Probably pick the Broncos out of habit.

pantherz9103

First Grade
If we don't win this then we may as well plan Mad Monday. Broncos are still not playing that well. They played a terrible team tonight and only won by 20. Having said that they've gained some confidence from that win and this game should be pretty close. But I'm hoping we can exploit their defensive deficiencies. Us by 6

murraymob

First Grade
cronulla make any team look good in attack.I thought the broncos `where beatable tonight but the sharks had nothing. There going to have waterhouse,pritchard,jennings thrown at them

Whoever is leading at 20mins. If the Broncos show up like they did tonight, it'll be another cricket score against them. If they can get in the right frame of mind early and get some points on the board (or at least stop leaking them), they're a chance.

murraymob

First Grade
Whoever is leading at 20mins. If the Broncos show up like they did tonight, it'll be another cricket score against them. If they can get in the right frame of mind early and get some points on the board (or at least stop leaking them), they're a chance.

are there any more broncos coming back from injury that might play against penrith

renouf

Juniors
Brisbane look like a side that are a few weeks away from reaching their potential, and I can't see it happening against the Panthers.. but I'm sure we'll test them.

JW

Coach
Yeah, we have a way to go yet. Happy that they at least had a dig tonight though.

Pennies 1-12.

alexc

Broncos in a close match. Really just looking forward to a very rare suncorp stadium sunday afternoon match.

They showed some good things and some absolutely terrible things last night. And yeah if the broncos lose this match they can all hop on the drink due to our terrible F+A. Broncos for and against pretty much means they are 2 competition points behind what they are really on. They need for other teams to lose to get in the 8.

Sleep

Juniors
Official Panthers side is:

1.Jarrod Sammut 2.Junior Tia-Kilifi 3.Michael Jennings 4.Brad Tighe 5.Michael Gordon 6.Wade Graham 7.Luke Walsh 8.Frank Puletua 9.Paul Aiton 10.Matthew Bell 11.Trent Waterhouse (C) 12. Frank Pritchard 13.Nathan Smith

Interchange: 14.Nathan Smith 15. Gavin Cooper 16.Joseph Paulo 17.Maurice Blair 18.Adam Woolnough 19. Tim Grant

Whoosh

Juniors
The Broncos to continue their winning streak against the Panthers

Some stats

Most matches: Michael Hancock 21, Darren Lockyer 21, Andrew Gee 21, Craig Gower 20, Allan Langer 19, Ryan Girdler 19

Most Tries: Steve Renouf 14, Luke Lewis 12, Wendell Sailor 9, Justin Hodges 8, Michael Hancock 8, Ryan Girdler 8

Most Goals: Michael Devere 41, Ryan Girdler 41, Corey Parker 29, Darren Lockyer 27, Terry Matterson 19, Greg Alexander 19

Most Points: GIRDLER 114, DEVERE 110, LOCKYER 84, PARKER 66, RENOUF 56

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
If we don't win this then we may as well plan Mad Monday. Broncos are still not playing that well. They played a terrible team tonight and only won by 20. Having said that they've gained some confidence from that win and this game should be pretty close. But I'm hoping we can exploit their defensive deficiencies. Us by 6

Keep in mind that the Broncos had three tries disallowed, that could have gone either way... Anyway I agree with your point that the Broncos were certainly not brilliant against a side hit hard by injury... Should be a close match and hard to tip. Us by 6.