What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R24 Fri :: Dragons 2 Broncos 12 @ WIN Stadium

Round 24 :: Dragons v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Live Channel 9 QLD, 7:30pm

teams-stg-alt.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Beau Scott 4. Matt Cooper 5. Wendell Sailor 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (c)
8. Justin Poore 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Matt Prior 12. Ben Creagh 13. Neville Costigan
Interchange: 14. Dan Hunt 15. Jeremy Smith 16. Nathan Fien 17. Jarrod Saffy
Reserves: 18. Jon Green 19. Jason Nightingale

teams-bri-alt.jpg

1. Karmichael Hunt 2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Alex Glenn 4. Justin Hodges 5. Jharal Yow Yeh 6. Darren Lockyer (c) 7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny 9. Andrew McCullough 10. David Taylor 11. Tonie Carroll 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Corey Parker
Interchange: 14. Lagi Setu 15. Ben Teo 16. Josh McGuire 17. Ashton Sims

ref-yell.jpg

Shayne Hayne & Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall & Russell Turner
Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Toyota Cup Round 24
Dragons v Broncos @ WIN Wollongong, Friday 5:20pm

NSW Cup Round 20 (Split Round)
Auckland (NZW) v Shellharbour (STG) @ Mt Smart #2, Saturday 11:00am

QLD Cup Round 22 (Final Round)
Ipswich (GCO) v Norths (BRI) @ Briggs Rd, Sunday 3:00pm

r24-stgbri.jpg

Last edited:
This was always going to be a huge game but now that the Dragons lost and the Broncos won this week, this one is even bigger. Should get a big crowd, if all our fans down south get out to the game (and we should want to impress like the Raiders fans did this week)

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Hopefully our loss to Canberra, woke the boys up, also Scott, Prior and Cooper should be back.

Dragons by 4.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I'm sorry that we've played the Broncos into such form. But if you are really are the real deal Dragons, you should still be good enough to win this game at home. Dragons by 10

renouf

Juniors
If the dragons are missing a few players it will even things up.. Brisbane will be up for this, 5 days after hammering penrith.

dragonfire

Bench
i cant wait for this game, should be a cracker. Bennett will want the Dragons to turn up and stand up big time for this game. With our record against the Broncos i honestly have a feeling that we will give them a walloping. Lets see you step up Hodges and get your revenge :roll:

STG-Dragon

Juniors
A massive game after a loss for the Dragons and a couple of big wins for the Broncos. It will be a big test for saints I hope they respond in an awesome way and beat the Broncos!

JW

Coach
Today's second half was absolutely magic to watch and i'll enjoy it for what it was, but looking to next week i'm not convinced that an entire season's worth (yes, even though we started well) of suspect defence can be fixed enough after one half of football to frustrate the competition frontrunners. And if the Dragons are fair dink, they'll continue to expose that season long problem.

The huge difference today though was attitude and hopefully that'll go a long way to making for a decent game on Friday.

As far as our finals chances go, I believe 2 wins out of the remaining 3 will get us there. Most would pencil this in as a very likely loss, so an upset would do wonders for our chances. Realistically though, hard to go past the Dragons by 13+. However, hopefully it won't turn out to be another creaming and it'd be nice to see our boys turn up with a keen, enthusiastic attitude for consecutive weeks.

Last edited:

jondy

Juniors
If the home side wins that will be 9 successive wins over Broncs......however the broncs last beat the drags at Wollongong.........April 2005

renouf

Juniors
heh forget about Hodges.. Ben Creagh is going to have Dave Taylor running at him.. and we all know Creagh loves to run at Lockyer, should be good.

dragondad

First Grade
Should be a cracker now after the Broncos big win last week.Can you imagine the Daily Telegraph if we lose 2 in a row?

dragondad

First Grade
Current ticket sales:

Availability: Category 1 Single seats only Category 2 Single seats only Category 3 Available Standing Hill Available

user_nat

Coach
Eh.. Saints are pretty much Brisbanes boggie team, and they are running on top of the ladder. No way we can win this.

I just hope we don't get smashed to bad.

Whoosh

Juniors
Dragons pre-finals slump to continue. Broncos by 2.

Some Broncos v St George Illawarra stats:

Most matches: Darren Lockyer - 19; Shane Webcke - 16; Ben Hornby, Shaun Berrigan, Petero Civoniceva, Corey Parker - 15.

Most Tries: Wendell Sailor (9B - 2S) - 11; Mark Gasnier - 9; Gorden Tallis - 7; Nathan Blacklock - 6; Michael Devere, Shane Webcke, Shaun Timmins, Ben horny, Matt Cooper - 5.

Most Goals: Michael Devere - 30; Darren Lockyer - 19; Mark Riddell - 18; Aaron Gorrell - 10.

Most Points: Michael Dever - 80; Mark Riddell - 48, Darren Lockyer - 47, Mark Gasnier - 46, Wendell Sailor - 44.

Jono1987

Juniors
heh forget about Hodges.. Ben Creagh is going to have Dave Taylor running at him.. and we all know Creagh loves to run at Lockyer, should be good.

Yes but Creagh can you know, actually tackle. Should be a good game. I'm expecting a close encounter that could go down to the wire. However I think we'll get home.

Saints 1-12

Latest posts