What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R25 Fri :: Eels 48 Panthers 6 @ Parramatta

Round 25 :: Eels v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Live Channel 9 NSW, 7:30pm (Delayed Ch9 QLD 9:30pm)

teams-par-alt.jpg

1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Krisnan Inu 4. Joel Reddy 5. Eric Grothe 6. Daniel Mortimer 7. Jeff Robson
8. Nathan Cayless [C] 9. Matthew Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh 12. Joe Galuvao 13. Todd Lowrie
Interchange: 14. Kevin Kingston 15. Feleti Mateo 16. Ben Smith 17. Tim Mannah

teams-pen-alt.jpg

1. Jarrod Sammut 2. Junior Tia-Kilifi 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Michael Gordon 6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh
8. Matthew Bell 9. Paul Aiton 10. Frank Puletua 11. Trent Waterhouse (C) 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 14. Nathan Smith 15. Joseph Paulo 16. Maurice Blair 17. Adam Woolnough
Reserves: 18. Tim Grant 19. Gavin Cooper

ref-pink.jpg

Shayne Hayne & Jason Robinson
Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall & Paul Holland
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan

Toyota Cup Round 25
Eels v Panthers @ Parramatta, Friday 5:20pm

NSW Cup Round 21
Balmain Ryde-Eastwood (WST) v Wentworthville (PAR) @ Leichhardt, Saturday 3:00pm
Windsor (PEN) v Shellharbour (STG) @ Windsor, Saturday 6:00pm

r25-parpen.jpg

Last edited:
This week just gone was a great week of footy. The week coming shapes up just as good. This is a massive clash, two teams that play similar style, have explosive star players and of course have that westie rivalry. Parra for the win.

mxlegend99

Referee
Hopefully we can atleast keep the game close. It's hard to imagine us being able to beat the Eels though. They're in fantastic form at the moment.

Grail

Juniors
I've got a feeling that this is where the Parra Train will stop. Panthers to win by 4 with a late try to Waterhouse.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Hopefully we can atleast keep the game close. It's hard to imagine us being able to beat the Eels though. They're in fantastic form at the moment.

Do you ever rate our chances against anyone? We are a huge chance this week.

Sure the likes of Hayne and Moi Moi are playing good footy. However, any team with a backrow of Waterhouse,Lewis and Pritchard are a dangerous team.

Not saying we will definately win, but saying 'it's hard to imagine us being able to beat the Eels' is just stupid. We did it in early July and theres no reason why we can't do it again.

typicalfan

Coach
Panthers can do it, but I think the Eels will find a way to win. Mateo back in the side makes them look much stronger.

Sleep

Juniors
Panthers are definitely in with a chance. They need to improve their kicking game in a big way though if they want to have a chance.

Smarter fifth tackle options too.

I see the game being a repeat of the last time we played. High scoring from both teams.

Rovelli

Bench
I just think Parra is in such good form, I don't see them dropping this one.

Would be a tough loss to stomach for both as it will mean they will have to rely on winning and other results to make the finals.

Golden-point draw wouldn't be bad for either...

Parra will get up.

I think the Tigers game would've given them a big confidence boost after it effectively made them the undoubtable form team of the comp.

Parra by 12.

Whoosh

Juniors
Penrith by 8.

Some stats for Parra v Penrith:

Most Tries: Rhys Wesser - 12; Mick Cronin - 11; Brett Kenny - 10; Ryan Girdler - 9; Steve Ella - 8; Jason Moodie, Daniel Wagon - 7.

Most Points: Mick Cronin - 184; Ryan Girdler - 101; Luke Burt - 94; Clinton Schifcofske - 56; Preston Campbell - 54; Greg Alexander - 50; Rhys Wesser - 48.