What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R25 Mon :: Raiders 30 Knights 14 @ Canberra

Round 25 :: Raiders v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Live on FOX Sports 2, 7:00pm

teams-can-main.jpg

1. Josh Dugan 2. Daniel Vidot 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Joel Monaghan 5. Phil Graham 6. Terry Campese 7. Josh McCrone
8. Dane Tilse 9. Alan Tongue (c) 10. David Shillington 11. Joel Thompson 12. Bronson Harrison 13. Josh Miller
Interchange: 14. Trevor Thurling 15. Travis Waddell 16. Troy Thompson 17. Joe Picker
Reserves: 18. Glen Buttriss

teams-nwc-main.jpg

1. Kurt Gidley (c) 2. Akuila Uate 3. Junior Sau 4. Adam MacDougall 5. Cooper Vuna 6. Ben Rogers 7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Mark Taufua 9. Isaac DeGois 10. Chris Houston 11. Steve Simpson 12. Zeb Taia 13. Matt Hilder
Interchange: 14. Wes Naiqama 15. Marvin Karawana 16. Richie Fa’aoso 17. Danny Wicks
Reserves: 18. Cory Paterson

ref-pink.jpg

Ashley Klein & Matt Cecchin
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner & Peter Kirby
Video Referee: Chris Ward

Toyota Cup Round 25
Raiders v Knights @ Canberra, Monday 4:45pm

QLD Cup Finals Series - Week One
1st Qualifying Final
Souths Logan Magpies (CAN) v Tweed Heads Seagulls (GCO) @ Meakin Park, Saturday 2:00pm

r25-cannew.jpg

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
Monday night in Canberra, us coming off a game where we played like dog sh*t, against a side going well, and us probably expected to lose... this game is RIPE for a Raiders 40+ point win... Im not sure yet, but ive got a feeling we'll come up big for this one

which usually means we'll lose :lol:

Yep, bet each way

Spike

First Grade
I'm going to travel to that scummy hole for the game. I'm even leaving early for the game so I can stop off at the Lawn Cemetery at Queanbeyan to piss on Les McIntrye's grave. :cool:

Raider_69

Post Whore
I'm going to travel to that scummy hole for the game. I'm even leaving early for the game so I can stop off at the Lawn Cemetery at Queanbeyan to piss on Les McIntrye's grave. :cool:

Even 6 feet deep, old and dead, Les would still kick 10 shades of sh*t out of you. FTR, thats fairly low, even for you. With a shread of luck you'll put your car into a ditch and slowly wither and die, would be nice if some friends or family managed to make it out to you intime to watch your final breath though :cool:

I too will be going to the game.

Raider Azz

Bench
be sure to stop by the raiders army to say gday at the game. we'll be sure to hand you a pamphlet or two :D

Jobdog

Live Update Team

I wonder if permanent marker works on granite.......
:lol: :lol: :lol:!

I really don't feel confident about our chances tbph, but would happily be proven wrong. Our record in Canberra is borderline diabolical ...

perverse

Referee
lol wow... easy bait by spike there.

if we play like we have the last couple of weeks canberra don't have what it takes to stop us.

however, i've never seen a knights team play like our last 2 matches down in that chilly little borefest that is canberra.

head says raiders by plenty, heart says knights by plenty. both teams are wildly unpredictable at the best of times... but this will be a good test to see if the knights were fair dinkum the last 2 weeks or not.

Apey

Staff member
yeah, I'll probably tip Raiders in this one, hopefully it's wrong.

Spike

First Grade
Does it count as bait if I actually do it? My contempt for the Raiders doesn't fall short to simply baiting their fans.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Does it count as bait if I actually do it? My contempt for the Raiders doesn't fall short to simply baiting their fans.

Unless there are pics, newspaper article covering the vandalism or a copy of an arrest report posted after the game then it is just internet forum baiting mate ;-)

For some reason we usually play like dog sh*t in Canberra (hard to get enthusiastic in Australias bung hole perhaps) so its gonna take a committed performance from the boys to get the prize in this one.

Knights bt 10

perverse

Referee
where the hell is skeepe?

i would have thought he'd be all over this thread like herpes on a paid sexual intercourse worker.

mongoose

Coach
Dont know what to expect in this one. Raiders looked like they were thinking about end of season holidays against the warriors so the Knights could really belt us.

If we turn up like we did against the dragons we will run over the top of their powderpuff forwards.

Raider_69

Post Whore
if we play like we have the last couple of weeks canberra don't have what it takes to stop us.

Absolute garbage mate, if canberra are on song, which is a good chance on a chilly monday night home game, the knights will have to play to the very best of their ability to even make a game of it, let alone win.

Could go either way this game, depends on which sides turn up for both teams... anything from a 40 point drubbing each way to a GP Draw could be on the cards here

Jono078

Referee
Bah. Monday, Canberra. It's probably the game you least want to play or see your team play in their season.

If we continue on with our second half and Raiders feel they don't have anything to play for any more this year we should collect the points.

Is it the Raiders last home game? If so could be a great game if both teams turn up, although a Raiders win would be likely.

Last edited:
I'm going to this game. Sort of looking forward to it but such a difficult away trip for the boys down in Canberra on a Monday night. Likely that the Raiders will come away with the win. LOL at the guy who thinks Newcastle have "powderpuff forwards". Are these the same forwards who have dominated packs of the Dragons, Bulldogs, Storm and Sea Eagles in games this year? :lol:

Joker's Wild

Coach
I'm going to this game. Sort of looking forward to it but such a difficult away trip for the boys down in Canberra on a Monday night. Likely that the Raiders will come away with the win. LOL at the guy who thinks Newcastle have "powderpuff forwards". Are these the same forwards who have dominated packs of the Dragons, Bulldogs, Storm and Sea Eagles in games this year? :lol:

Dont forget the Raiders in Rd 18 too champ ;-)