What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favourite sandwich

Most of us like movies and seem to listen to music. Some of us can even read (loved Classic Comics). But we all eat. So okay what's your favorite sandwich? Feel free to include anything between two slices of bread or roll, so even a hamburger or hot dog will do.
My is a tuna, onion and tomato on white bread. The tomato should have a little pepper and the onion sliced very thinly. Only on a good quality bread like Helga's with a softish crust.
This had a great mix of textures but, more importantly, a great combination of tastes. Tomato and onion really go together in a number of sandwiches but with the tuna - perfection.
So what's yours? ?

B

Bomber

Here's one of my own pizza recipes

The 'Bomberino'

Ingredients
1 roast chicken
1 large packet of Smiths Original Chips
Grated cheddar cheese
Tomato Paste
Brown Sugar
Pizza Base
Slivered Almonds

Method
Mix up Tomato Paste and Brown Sugar to taste. Apply to pizza base
Slice up chook into bite sized pizzas, stripping the skin off. Spread over base
Crush up chips, mix with grated cheddar cheese and slivered almonds, apply over pizza.
Bake in moderate oven until cheese has melted.
Serves one hungry uni student

T

tigger

As anyone that has ever tried one will confirm.....

The BLT from a 'Pret a Manger' in England is thegold standard in Sandwiches.

Just Chicken & Mayo is excellent, like wise is Roast Beef & Tomato with a little salt & pepper.

I am now going to introduce you to the best bachelor meal ever.

My brother in law passed on the recipe whilst i was living in England & Single.....He was the founding chef that had used this recipe.....

Cambridge Bachelor Tuna Pasta
Ingredients
1 x 500 Grams of Barilla Penne No. 11
1 x 125 Grams of premium canned tuna
1 x 100 Grams of Cheddar Cheese
1 x Jar of Masterfoods Cajun Spices
1 x 50mls of good Italian Olive Oil

Method
Cook the pasta in a large pasta saucepan till ready, putcooked pasta back into aucepan once strained, strain tuna of brine/water, add strained tuna to pasta and stir in for about 30 seconds, add Cheese & Olive Oil, Stir for 15 seconds, finally add a generous amount of Cajun Spices & Stir for an additional 15 seconds.Letsaucepan stand for 2 minutes with the lid onto allow tuna to cook & cheese to fully melt.

Take off lid & eat directly out of the bowl (you don't have anyone to impress & it saves washing up time!)

My brother in law ate this 4-5 times a week for about 5 years whilst he was single!!!

Dog-T

Juniors
dougs my favorit ever is sandwhich was me in between beyonce and j-lo

that was is one hot sweaty dirty sordid nite dougs

we is made sweet music all nite long dougs

they is could not is get enough of me but i is had to kick them is to the curb so i is could do my finance business doug

Sardines on toast.
The sardines should be the ones in oil, not water.
Mash the sardines in a bowl with finely chopped onion, pepper and vinegar.
Cook the toast on one side under a griller and spread the mashed up sardines on the uncooked side before returning to under the griller till the sardines get just a bit crispy.
Beautiful, but stinks the house out.

G@v

Juniors
<u>Gav's Salmon Mushwich</u>

Pink Salmon (Tinned) Get rid of as much of the bone as possible, mix with salad cream, a little grated cheese and grated cucumber. Make sure it'as a lovely mushy but firmtexture.

Lovely dovely.

What next, can't cook won't cook?

Ramit54

Juniors
Retreads Special
Hot Salami with Blue vein cheese, black olives, roma tomato and onion on multigrain bread.
Good for the heart.
Cheers Retread

Ramit54

Juniors
Bigbopper
Just wash it down with a glass of home made claret or a nip of grappa.
Cheers Retread

M

mud n blood

I'm a bit boring in this regard ....

toasted - steak, egg, onion, and half a bottle of tomato sauce .... all washed down with a coupla cans of Jim Beam and Cola ....

L

legend

I am also a bit boring in that regard. My brother used to have twisites, mayo and barbecue sauce on bread with no butter.

J

Johnsy

For me it would be one of those crusty white rolls with warm chicken breats with shaved ham off the bone with mayo.

Johnsy

gUt

Coach
In a wrap or ideally on focaccia:

Skinless roast chicken pieces
Swiss cheese slices
Tomato slices
Red salad onion
Honey mustard
Pepper

Toasted in a grill or sandwich press thing. Gents, this sandwich will loosen your lady's drawstring for sure. Try it this Sunday lunchtime.

Patorick

Staff member
Nothing (I'm aware of) beats ham, lettuce, tomato and mayo on multigrain.

IMO.

Latest posts