What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R26 Sun :: Knights 35 Panthers 0 @ EnergyAustralia

Round 26 :: Knights v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

Delayed on Channel 9, 4:00pm

teams-nwc-her.jpg

1. Kurt Gidley (c) 2. Akulia Uate 3. Junior Sau 4. Adam MacDougall 5. Cooper Vuna 6. Scott Dureau 7. Jarrod Mullen
8. Mark Taufua 9. Isaac DeGois 10. Chris Houston 11. Steve Simpson 12. Zeb Taia 13. Matt Hilder
Interchange: 14. Wes Naiqama 15. Marvin Karawana 16. Richie Fa’aoso 17. Danny Wicks
Reserves: 18. Cory Paterson

teams-pen-alt.jpg

1. Jarrod Sammut 2. Junior Tia-Kilifi 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Michael Gordon 6. Wade Graham 7. Luke Walsh
8. Matthew Bell 9. Paul Aiton 10. Frank Puletua 11. Trent Waterhouse (c) 12. Frank Pritchard 13. Luke Lewis
Interchange: 14. Nathan Smith 15. Jospeh Paulo 16. Maurice Blair 17. Adam Woolnough
Reserves: 18. Tim Grant 19. Gavin Cooper

ref-pink.jpg

Ben Cummins & Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis & David Abood
Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Toyota Cup Round 26
Knights v Panthers @ EnergyAustralia, Sun 12:30pm

Legends Game
Knights Old Boys v Panthers Old Boys @ EnergyAustralia, Sun 2:00pm
Teams - click here

NSW Cup Round 22
North Sydney (SOU) v Windsor (PEN) @ North Sydney, Fri 7:00pm

r26-nwcpen.jpg

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
I predict by about 9pm tonight this will be a dead rubber.
it wont be for the knights. if manly lose to the titans and the warriors fire up for staceys last home game against the storm... the knights could be looking at a top 4 berth.

lots of ifs and buts... we still need to do the business tonight (which will be tough)... however it isn't good news for the panthers, regardless of tonights result.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Last home game of the regular season
Old boys day
Possible top 4 birth (pending tonight and other results)
Luke Walsh's "homecoming"

Knights by 18

mxlegend99

Referee
This result will depend on the Raiders vs Knights game tonight IMO.

If Knights win.
Panthers will probably come out and beat the Knights with ease... as this game will effectively be pointless to our chances at making the finals.

If Raiders win.
Knights will DEFINITELY smash the Panthers... as a win would get us into the top 8, and whenever that's a possibility we're f*cking terrible.

Rovelli

Bench
I still think the Raiders will win tonight.

If Raiders win:
All signs point to the Knights winning at home. Penrith have been mentally weak in the big games this season, not just losing, but getting smashed.

If Knights win tonight:
Panthers will probably be out of the playoff race by the time Saturday comes around, and I'd still tip the Knights..

Joker's Wild

Coach
If Knights win.
Panthers will probably come out and beat the Knights with ease... as this game will effectively be pointless to our chances at making the finals.

Mate, it will be our last home game for the year and the traditional Old Boys game so it wont be treated as "pointless" by the boys no matter what happens tonight.

If you think the Panthers will beat Newcastle "with ease" you are having a bath big time champ.

perverse

Referee
Mate, it will be our last home game for the year and the traditional Old Boys game so it wont be treated as "pointless" by the boys no matter what happens tonight.

If you think the Panthers will beat Newcastle "with ease" you are having a bath big time champ.
i think he was just being a bit narky about his own teams fickleness under pressure, rather than putting sh*t on the knights JW.

Eelectrica

Referee
Going to be a playoff to see who get's destroyed by either the Dragons or Bulldogs in week one of the finals.

I think the Panthers for some reason.

Knightmare

Coach
Newcastle go from one of their toughest away assignments (Raiders in Canberra) to one of the games they generally do best in (Panthers at EAS). Coupled with a finals berth depending on the outcome and it being the last home game for the season, I'd tip the Knights comfortably. The only worry is that Tony Archer will be chosen as the ref. He's got a history of f**king the Knights, home or away! :x

Jono078

Referee
Tipping the panthers to win caged panther? :p

should be an awesome game, we'll see what both teams are made of.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Tipping the panthers to win caged panther? :p

I've supported them for to long and know their pattern too well to do that. Season on the line ensures a meek effort as evidence by games against the Warriors, Broncos and Eels over the last month.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I've supported them for to long and know their pattern too well to do that. Season on the line ensures a meek effort as evidence by games against the Warriors, Broncos and Eels over the last month.

On a positive note we usually put in a better performance after a really bad one. I'm not sure if it will be enough to win at Newcastle. Its a mental thing. If they win they know for certain that they make the top 8. We haven't been in this situation before where its 100% do or die. Hopefully it will bring out a better effort. We are underdogs. Knights 13+ will be a popular pick so we should play with greater freedom but also greater purpose and make a real game of it. Just ignore Elliot's dumb game plans and try and make the 8 for the fans! I'm sick of our consistent failures from 05-09 as I'm sure all of you are. So much so that coming 8th and being belted the first week of the finals would be considered somewhat satisfying! 8th is better than no finals at all.

skeepe

Immortal
God I hope the Panthers win. The criminals masquerading as league players (AKA the Newcastle Knights) simply must not have any part in this finals series.

skeepe

Immortal

I struggle to see your point. I assume you're referring to the Sydney Roosters player Todd Carney, formerly of the Atherton Roosters. What this has to do with my belief that the Knights are thugs is, quite frankly, lost on me.

Latest posts