What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A seventh Premiership

Broncos93

Juniors
So I'm just wondering, with our recent form and all, how many of us Broncos fans actually believe we can go on and win the big one this year? I'm not getting too excited, however a quick look at the competition and it's easy to see that Eels and the Broncos are the only teams taking good form into the finals. Dragons seem to have been figured out by opponents, and the Bulldogs don't seem to have taken the competition by the horns yet. Manly have hit a dodgy patch, as have Melbourne, and no one else has really stood up and made their claim for this years premiership. Hunt also came out this week and said the teams confidence in each other is similar to that of 2006, which is very positive to hear. Right now i think the Broncos can give the Semi finals a huge shake up if they don't at least make the grand final.
What do you guys think?

user_nat

Coach
I'm a pretty negative person, so I don't really expect alot from the rest of this season. Heck I don't even expect us to beat Canberra.

I thought we were a better team last year, and that didn't pan out to anything.

That said, not many teams have as many players with so much experience in finals football, and on our day we can beat any team. Just we have to have good games for another 4 weeks in a row.

Pistol

Coach
The Broncos are in a position to mount a challenge. However, there are other teams there who are also in a good possie to surge to the title.

If you ask my mate who's a Parra supporter, he'd say I'd have a better chance at being named a pilot for the space shuttle.

My opinion is, beware of the sleeping dog, coz he might wake up. All the focus is on the Eels and the Dragons. To a lesser extent the Bulldogs, considering Kimmorley is on the sideline. I'm quietly confident. We've got no pressure or expectation which is great. The club can play for each other and the bonus is they have got no headlines to worry about.

If we make the Grand Final, winning will be the only outcome acceptable. Aint no second prize on that night.

Well, it isn't as far-fetched as it may sound, we do have the advantage over most teams in the 8 in both finals experience and form. Most of finals football is about staying in the moment and just trying to win the game in front of you each week, because every other team is also playing for their season and trying to find another gear.

All we have to do is win the football game in front of us each week, and do that for 4 weeks running.

It's a done deal.

Dragons are shot.
Bulldogs are shot without the human bowling ball.
Storm aren't the team they once were.
Titans don't have the flare to win in September, not this year.
Sea Eagles are just squating in the 8, expect a week 1 exit.
Knights/Penrith = Week 1 target practice
Eels, there's a reason they haven't won since '86.

So the silverware is already back at red hill. Broncos just need to go pick it up. :)

Broncos93

Juniors
I'll definately say it hasn't been our best season, however I've learnt from past years never to write off the Broncos. Just when they look down and out they come back and bite you in the arse. E.g This year after beaten by canberra, and a few years back on the back of a losing streak, i'm pretty sure that's when we beat Newcastle 71-6.
Regardless, I reckon we'll give the finals a real shake up this year. I wouldn't have said we're a chance a few weeks ago, although seeing as no other team looks in any position to mount a challenge (excluding parramatta) it seems realistic at the moment.

Broncos93

Juniors
Just gonna resurrect this thread now that we're in the top 4 teams remaining. Personally I believe if we beat Storm this week, we're going to win the comp. It'll be like 06 all over again.
I reckon Parra/Broncs grand final would be awesome. I reckon it'd be the first and only time in the next 50-100 years that 6th plays 8th in a Grand Final, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

thenry

Juniors
Whatever happens from here is a bonus for mine.. I'll still be yelling and screaming on Sat. but really didn't expect to be in this position 6 weeks ago...

If the forwards can produce something like last week we'll be in with a show, if not, might lose by a fair whack..(I'd rather lose by 30 points than like last year at Suncorp btw).

It's a done deal.

Dragons are shot. Correct
Bulldogs are shot without the human bowling ball.
Storm aren't the team they once were.
Titans don't have the flare to win in September, not this year. Correct
Sea Eagles are just squating in the 8, expect a week 1 exit. Correct
Knights/Penrith = Week 1 target practice Correct
Eels, there's a reason they haven't won since '86.

So the silverware is already back at red hill. Broncos just need to go pick it up. :)

Nothing to add. :D

you're going to look like a jackass if Melb dont win on the weekend. that'll end up being 1 win from 4 consecutive GF appearances

LOL i know aye pistol!!!! but thankfully that wont happen!

and anyway! Broncos are a good side, its just always good for us Melbourne fans to see you guys not win! it is definatly like that for you guys as well!

Latest posts