What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2010+11 Jerseys, Logos & Sponsors

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Time for a new thread, the other one was mostly '09 and had over 1k of posts.

So far we know that the Bulldogs have a new logo and most likely a new set of jerseys, the Titans have new jerseys all with adidas and the Panthers have a new Teal coloured away strip.

Big Mick

Referee
Panthers unveil new alternate jersey

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

The Panthers have today unveiled the most advanced and technical jersey in the history of the club.

The new alternate jersey is predominantly teal featuring a revolutionary new design that is the result of months of research and development. The new alternate jersey weighs less than half of the one it replaces and features grip technology, radical ventilation ports and mini-collar.

The jersey was designed with performance in mind followed and becomes the most technically advanced Panthers jersey ever produced.

http://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=20056

00000458-source.jpg

I think this looks great.

The design is simple and looks really good.

The rubber bulps on the jersey will help with ball control (THANK GOD).

I think its really good...i'll be buying one. Better than any other TEAL one we've had...and best away jersey we've produced in a LONG time.

The Tank

Bench
Not a fan but in comparison to our current monstrosity and our former teal jersey it's a lot better.

Charlie124

First Grade
Not a bad looking jersey at all. Certainly a lot better than the pile of puke theyve got now.

Revelation 3:20

Juniors
New Panthers Jersey looks GREAT.......if your a Sharks fan.
Gee, how many colours and designs could you come up with and they have that boring shirt. (its better then the away jersey from this year)

League Jerseys are too conservative IMO.

hellteam

First Grade
I disagree I think they are often too cluttered. Teams like Dragons, Roosters, Tigers and Bulldogs have great looking simple jerseys whereas teams like the Cowboys, Storm, are too cluttered.

The Tank

Bench
Gee, how many colours and designs could you come up with and they have that boring shirt. (its better then the away jersey from this year)

I feel the exact opposite. Even that shirt has too much going on. I usually prefer my clubs training shirts to the actual shirt.

lturner

Juniors
I disagree I think they are often too cluttered. Teams like Dragons, Roosters, Tigers and Bulldogs have great looking simple jerseys whereas teams like the Cowboys, Storm, are too cluttered.

So true. The simpler the better. A simple design with strong geometry like stripes or a V is best.

Shorty

Staff member
You are contradicting yourself:?

The Tigers have anything but simple jumpers, and the Storm in return have a rather ordinary jumper...

hellteam

First Grade
How am I contradicting myself?

00000637-thumbnail.jpg

That is simple

09_stormhomejers.jpg

That is cluttered, and ordinary, like I said

Shorty

Staff member
What about the Tiger's previous jumper?
And I don't find the design cluttered...it's a good design with an ugly sponsor.

hellteam

First Grade
Yeah their previous one was terrible but I wasn't talking about old jerseys.

I guess you're right about the Storm, but the sponsor is part of the whole jersey in the end so it makes it cluttered. (unlike the tigers one with the bold writing that blends in)

Big Mick

Referee

DUDE! Our colours are Teal, Rust and Black...we needed something light to use as an alternative.

We've gone with Teal and White...as those match our official colours.

Black and Rust...are on the home jersey.

Reason we can't include rust or black is because it wasn't allowed per NRL guidelines.

I happen to love it.

Its not that Jackson Pollock jersey they had this season. Its simple, effective, has some nice patterns on the side and shoulders and if you see it in person the contrast looks sick.

Last edited:

flippikat

Bench

WTF?!?

I agree totally with this post - why on earth would Penrith want to use colours that coincide with the Sharks colours?

Sure, it's a nice jersey - and FAR better than the mess from this season - but if you remove the panther logo does it say Penrith?

How about a black/brown/tan colour scheme such as the one here:
http://gazzzaf.com/?p=303

Only difference is, instead of a mostly WHITE away jersey I'd have the away jersey tan-coloured.. or even a slightly darker beige shade.

IMO Jerseys should be DISTINCTIVE if possible.. and this does nothing towards that.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
You are contradicting yourself:?

The Tigers have anything but simple jumpers, and the Storm in return have a rather ordinary jumper...

How am I contradicting myself?

00000637-thumbnail.jpg

That is simple

09_stormhomejers.jpg

That is cluttered, and ordinary, like I said

What about the Tiger's previous jumper?
And I don't find the design cluttered...it's a good design with an ugly sponsor.

:lol: Epic lol @ Shorty, nice backpedal...

Shorty

Staff member
No I really did mean the previous Wests jumper, nice to jump in though....as I knew you would.
And Melbourne's cluttered?