What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: SF2 Sat :: Broncos 24 Dragons 10 @ Suncorp

Semi Final :: Broncos v Dragons

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

teams-bri-main.jpg

1. Karmichael Hunt 2. Antonio Winterstein 3. Israel Folau 4. Justin Hodges 5. Jharal Yow Yeh 6. Darren Lockyer (C) 7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny 9. Andrew McCullough 10. David Taylor 11. Ashton Sims 12. Sam Thaiday 13. Corey Parker​

Interchange: 14. Lagi Setu 15. Joel Clinton 16. Tonie Carroll 17. Alex Glenn​

teams-stg-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Beau Scott 4. Matt Cooper 5. Wendell Sailor 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby (C)
8. Justin Poore 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Matt Prior 12. Ben Creagh 13. Jeremy Smith​

Interchange: 14. Dan Hunt 15. Neville Costigan 16. Nathan Fien 17. Jason Nightingale
Reserves: 18. Jarrod Saffy​

ref-pink.jpg

Tony Archer & Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland & Jeff Younis
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins​

Toyota Cup Semi Finals
Broncos v Sea Eagles @ Suncorp, Saturday 5:30pm
Winner to face Melbourne in week 3

fw2-bristg.jpg

WINNER will face Melbourne at Etihad Stadium next Saturday 26 September

Last edited:
This will be a good one...Dragons will have to contain Folau to win this IMO and their defence is going to have to be on the money. Sailor needs to turn up an lead from the front.

The Dragons have them in the forwards and Soward will have to hit gaps to give the Dragons a chance.

dragondad

First Grade
Hopefully this game we have more space,as the Eels really didnt give us much and defended well.

Winner meets the Storm on the Friday night GF Qualifier.

Apey

Staff member
The thought of Darren Lockyer kicking Wayne Bennett out of the '09 finals campaign with a last minute play is mouthwatering :crazy:

miccle

Bench
Broncos by 1. Will be a joy to send Wayne, Darius, Sailor et al. out of the race.

(that's with the heart and definitely not the head. Could go either way but I think it's more likely that the Dragons will narrowly get up here)

Gaba

First Grade
will wallace be there or not, it wont matter :)

the broncos get tired quickly in defence, brisbane is like another home ground for the dragons, i think this is a better time for the dragons to play the broncos,then it would if the dragons had the week off ,

dragons to win

Last edited:

Gaba

First Grade
Broncos by 4.
Winner to lose to Melbourne.
dont know about that , jury still out on the storms form, manly didnt really test them and made 5 line breaks despite playing that poorly

and the eels could only make 4 line breaks against the dragons , and they played far better then manly did agaisnt the storm

Big Pete

Referee
Public Enemy said it best when they described the Storm.

Don't Believe The Hype.

Manly made them look like a million bucks off the back of silly mistakes and poor defence.

As for this game, it's game on! Mind you with the Dragons, it's always game on for us Broncos fans, even if they fielded a bunch of reserve graders, it's game on and do you want to know why? Because their club is built on class and resiliance and with Bennett at the helm, the stage is set for an absolute classic of Semi Final proportions.

I believe in the boys and I believe that this game will be the game of the season.

Shorty

Staff member
I'm seriously thinking about going to this game (if it doesn'ts sell out before I get tickets).

Both coaches are going to be into the boys, I'm sure losing is NOT an option for Bennett who will have ripped the players a new one.

renouf

Juniors
dont know about that , jury still out on the storms form, manly didnt really test them and made 5 line breaks despite playing that poorly

What, and the jury isn't out on your team's form? You've only won 1 out of your last 5 matches

saints_fireup

Juniors
We lack a game breaker in the big games. The Broncos have them a'plenty. The Broncs should win this one.

Either way, the team that does win will find it very difficult the week after in Melbourne.

Sleep

Juniors
This will be an awesome game. Hodges was unbelievable against the Titans. Wallace and Lockyer both played outstanding too.

The Dragons just looked flat yesterday and off the mark. Sadly I think they've done their dash for 2009.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I think the Dragons will produce another special performance at Suncorp. Just like in Round 4 when the Broncos were on fire, they shut them down and they can do it again, because they'll be too determined not to let themselves be knocked out in straight sets. They don't want to be the first minor premiers to be knocked out before week 3, how bad would that be?