What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2009 Grand Final - Melbourne 23 def Eels 16 @ ANZ, Sun 4 Oct* NO PREMIERS

2009 Premiers: who will it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
EDIT: Melbourne Storm premiership title stripped due to Salary Cap breach uncovered in April 2010.

info09-gf-parmel-1.jpg

Broadcast Details
Channel 9 LIVE NSW & QLD - all three grades
Channel 9 LIVE VIC - first grade from 4:30pm
2GB & network LIVE - all three grades
ABC & network LIVE

teams-mel-main-gf.jpg

Storm Grand Final Team 2009
1. Billy Slater 2. Steve Turner 3. Will Chambers 4. Greg Inglis 5. Dane Nielsen 6. Brett Finch 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Brett White 8. Cam Smith 10. Aiden Tolman 11. Adam Blair 12. Ryan Hoffman 13. Dallas Johnson
Interchange: 14. Ryan Hinchcliffe 15. Jeff Lima 16. Ryan Tandy 17. Scott Anderson
Reserves: 18. Wairangi Koopu​

teams-par-main-gf.jpg

Eels Grand Final Team 2009
1. Jarryd Hayne 2. Luke Burt 3. Krisnan Inu 4. Joel Reddy 5. Eric Grothe 6. Daniel Mortimer 7. Jeff Robson
8. Nathan Cayless [C] 9. Matthew Keating 10. Fuifui Moimoi 11. Nathan Hindmarsh 12. Ben Smith 13. Todd Lowrie
Interchange: 14. Kevin Kingston 15. Feleti Mateo 16. Joe Galuvao 17. Tim Mannah

ref-pink.jpg

Grand Final Referees
Tony Archer & Shayne Hayne
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and David Abood
Video Referee: Bill Harrigan
Standby Referee: Ben Cummins​

Toyota Cup Grand Final
Wests Tigers v Melbourne Storm
2:15pm kickoff
Click here for the match thread

NSW Cup Grand Final
Bankstown City Bulls v Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers
(Bulldogs & Wests Tigers feeder clubs)
12:10pm kickoff
Click here to visit LU's NSWRL section

Grand Final Day Schedule
11:45am: Gates Open
12:10pm: NSW Cup Grand Final
1:50pm: NSW Cup Presentation
2:15pm: Toyota Cup Grand Final
3:00pm: Jetstar NRL Club Championship Presentation (Dragons)
3:55pm: Toyota Cup Presentation
4:10pm: Danny Green & Roy Jones Jr presented to crowd
4:20pm: Holiday Inn Junior League Relay
4:40pm: Telstra Premiership trophy delivered via Telstra Childlight chopper
4:45pm: Grand Final Entertainment
300 Club & retiring players tribue (Wes Carr)
Wolfmother
5:05pm: Teams on-field
5:08pm: Black hawk helicopter & Mexican Wave attempt
5:10pm: National anthem performed by Mark Vincent
5:15pm: NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final
6:05pm: NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final Halftime Entertainment with The Script
6:55pm: NRL Telstra Premiership Presentation

gf09-parmel.jpg

Last edited:

benoir91

Juniors
The grand final everyone expected for season 2008 before a ball was kicked, finally comes a year later

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Third set of Grand Finalists - NSW Cup, are decided tomorrow at Leichhardt Oval. Tigers v Bears at 1:15pm, Bulls v Wenty at 3:00pm. Go Bulls!

user_nat

Coach
I really look forward to the battle of the fullbacks for this game. Assuming Hayne plays of course.

Slater proved tonight that he shouldn't be written off for the Australian spot.

Watch the poll blow out in Eels favour...Storm will be quiet this week and will go about their business as usual.

The Eels have judiciary issues and the weight of expectation from their fans to deal with.

Eelectrica

Referee
All week we're going to be hearing how you've got to lose one to win one.
Well the Tigers Bloody well didn't!!!

mickdo

Coach
Watch the poll blow out in Eels favour...Storm will be quiet this week and will go about their business as usual.

The Eels have judiciary issues and the weight of expectation from their fans to deal with.

The poll is on a website. What relevance that has to the game I have no idea...

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
1. Eels played their grand final on friday night. It was intense and tough and will take much out of the team.

2. The Eels have two players who have to face the judiciary and an injured captain trying to be fit. It will be a big distraction IMO.

3. Melbourne have the experience of 3 previous grand finals and would want retribution after last years embarrassment.

For all those reason im going to say Melbourne by 14. But in saying that i really want the Eels to beat the Storm. Ill be there next Sunday so i am so pumped and cant wait.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Third set of Grand Finalists - NSW Cup, are decided tomorrow at Leichhardt Oval. Tigers v Bears at 1:15pm, Bulls v Wenty at 3:00pm. Go Bulls!

I see as you have already put the Bulls and Bears logo on.

Neutrals can vote to.

One thing going in Parras favour is obviously momentum and Melbourne havent exactly had a tough game in a while. They might get a little shock coming up against Parra.

aussies1st

Staff member
I can't see the Eels winning without Hayne could well end up like the other two matches that the Storm have played. If he does could go either way.

Goddo

Bench
1. Eels played their grand final on friday night. It was intense and tough and will take much out of the team.

2. The Eels have two players who have to face the judiciary and an injured captain trying to be fit. It will be a big distraction IMO.

3. Melbourne have the experience of 3 previous grand finals and would want retribution after last years embarrassment.

For all those reason im going to say Melbourne by 14. But in saying that i really want the Eels to beat the Storm. Ill be there next Sunday so i am so pumped and cant wait.

eactly

thread=
\end

Shorty

Staff member
I really hope Parra do it, but Melbourne have peaked at exactly the right time and have possibly the best lead up to the game.

Latest posts