What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Josh Dugan

ponies 4ever

Juniors
This kid would be a quality replacement for Hunt, or as a punt Widdop of the Storm. Not like Slaters going anywhere. Really think Hoffman might struggle. Dugan amongst our backline would be awesome but I doubt the raiders would entertain letting this one go easily !

broncoman

Juniors
If the Raiders had any sense Dugan would be on the "Not For Sale" List for a long time. I don't think its a case like Zillman's either where hes from Queensland and will get home sick.
I think for now unless there is an experienced or proven player to take the positions we have to take a punt on someone wheather it be Beale or Hoffman or Kemp and given them a real chance the way we did with Karmichael.

watatank

Coach
This thread would be like other clubs fans discussing how good Andrew McCullough would be for their side.

skeepe

Immortal
If the Raiders had any sense Dugan would be on the "Not For Sale" List for a long time. I don't think its a case like Zillman's either where hes from Queensland and will get home sick.
I think for now unless there is an experienced or proven player to take the positions we have to take a punt on someone wheather it be Beale or Hoffman or Kemp and given them a real chance the way we did with Karmichael.

Correct. Dugan's Canberra born and bred.

Hands off!

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Would be great but we have no chance. Canberra would have to be insane to let Dugan go. I'm happy with Kemp/Beale/Hoffman being our fullback.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
I agree with all of the above, especially the Raiders fan. It would be a tragedy to see a local lad lost to an improving Raiders side, more a massive wrap to this kid Dugan cause I've goota feelin he is about to really set the NRL alight. Top player and love watchin him go around, well done Raiders !
On the Broncos I think Kemp could plug a hole for us next year, but he's a winger through and through. Hoffman to me looks really dodgey but could just be youthful nerves which leaves Beale who looked quite solid until breaking his hand against Manly.
I really believe that Widdop from Storm u20s is worth a look at though. Size, strength and speed on top of confidence is a pretty good mix and Slater ain't going nowhere.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Won't happen. Would like it too, though in the same sentence, I would love to see another Canberra born and bred champion stay there. Dugan can be that guy. Awesome player. Leave him at Canberra.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Widdop is a possibility, he is a NRL standard fullback imo but will have to wait behind Slater for a run... But as mentioned above we have plenty of potential fullbacks, Kemp/Hoffman/Beale. Personally, I'd like to see Kemp get a decent crack at it.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Better off going for Widdop, he's got Slater in front of him, he's a pom so he doesnt really have any affinity to their area...

as for dugan, dream on sir
you and the other 14 clubs can sit back and watch this kid take the raiders to the next level.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Storm have plans to turn Widdop into a 5/8 so they can fit him into the team I think. I assume he will be replacing Finch after next season so I doubt Storm will be letting him go without a fight.

We don't need to buy another young unproven fullback. I am quite confident if Kemp gets given the chance and a bit of time to settle back in he will shine.

Timbo

Staff member
I expect the raiders fans to hunt you down and eat your first born child.

Sharpening the knives as I type!

Hands off Dugan. He's the best player we've produced since, well, ever really.

Hands off!!!!!

Timmah6991

Juniors
Storm have plans to turn Widdop into a 5/8 so they can fit him into the team I think. I assume he will be replacing Finch after next season so I doubt Storm will be letting him go without a fight.

We don't need to buy another young unproven fullback. I am quite confident if Kemp gets given the chance and a bit of time to settle back in he will shine.

Seriously!? The Storm's NYC 5/8 is a bloody gun, they don't need to develop Widdop into a 5/8.

ponies 4ever

Juniors
Alive n kickin "Mr Angry", seriously though I and every other NRL club fan would probably love to see Dugan in their side but this whole thread was more just a compliment to an absolutely freakish talent. I think he belongs with the Lime Splices and if the Broncs lost a budding champ (like Dave Taylor hey Bruno) I'd be cut up as well. I hope Josh goes on to play out his career for the Raiders cause his kind of talent can be enjoyed from afar as a rugby league fan.

Latest posts