What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bradstock Brothers

tezza90

Juniors
Wondering has anyone any info on these guys? My dad used to tell me stories about the brtohers just never had a chance to see them play, what type of players where they?

bluebag43

Juniors
They were great players!

Both Newtown Juniors playing for the Famous Addison Road (Royals) Club, known as the boozie boys!

Both played first grade with Newtown, with John playing more first grade than Kevin.

They played for Newtown in the early seventies when Newtown were strong! Newtown were Club Champions in 1973 and all three grades made the finals. The Newtown coach was none other than Big Jack Gibson The first grade fell one game short of the GF after being beaten by Cronulla who had also had a great side (Tommy Bishop & Cliff Watson)

John Bradstock was also the leading first grade try scorer in 1973, A pretty mighty achievement given the champion players of that era!

tezza90

Juniors
They were great players!

Both Newtown Juniors playing for the Famous Addison Road (Royals) Club, known as the boozie boys!

Both played first grade with Newtown, with John playing more first grade than Kevin.

They played for Newtown in the early seventies when Newtown were strong! Newtown were Club Champions in 1973 and all three grades made the finals. The Newtown coach was none other than Big Jack Gibson The first grade fell one game short of the GF after being beaten by Cronulla who had also had a great side (Tommy Bishop & Cliff Watson)

John Bradstock was also the leading first grade try scorer in 1973, A pretty mighty achievement given the champion players of that era!

Thanks heaps for that info glad to hear my dads high opinion of them isnt the only one out there haha. I would love to get him some memorabilia of them for my dad you wouldnt know if there is any out there?

bluebag43

Juniors
They still go to Newtown games at Henson! They stand up on the Hill near the bar under the scoreborad. I'm sure they would sign something for your Dad.

Let me know and I can organise for you.

bluebag43

Juniors
John Bradstock may have been leading Sydney first grade try scorer in 1972 and not 1973. Are there any league historians out there that might be able to clarify?

Hooper

Juniors
Wondering has anyone any info on these guys? My dad used to tell me stories about the brtohers just never had a chance to see them play, what type of players where they?

My next door neighbour works with both brothers. If I can be of any assistance, please let me know.

Apac2

Juniors
Hi guys
Im related to the bradstocks and am trying to track down some photos / articles memorabilia etc on them as a xmas present any help would be really appreciated

chelseabree

Juniors
Hi I have a collection of RL stuff- mainly Souths but have some Newtown. I have some programs/ newspaper RLWs from the early 70s. I had a quick look and have a photo with all the Newtown club together in 1973 when they won the club championship and also one nice photo of the team with the preseason cup with John. I can post a photo in the Newtown history thread and maybe some programs as weel if you would like

chelseabree

Juniors
No worries- there is a thread lower down on this site where it says NEWTOWN HISTORY. There are a few minor bits in there but towards the end I will post some interesting things from 1973 and some great pictures from that year about Newtown. The poster from 1973 looks great.

JamC

Juniors
Is John Bradstock still around? My old man used to play with him in the 70s and saw the name on a t-shirt at the reunion game yesterday. Ended up being the best man at my folks wedding so trying to track him down

Latest posts