What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R1 | Sat | Bulldogs 16-20 Knights | ANZ

Result: Bulldogs v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2010info-r1cbynwc.jpg

2010teams-cby-main.jpg

1. Luke Patten 2. Steve Turner 3. Josh Morris 4. Jamal Idris 5. Bryson Goodwin 6. Ben Roberts 7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Ben Hannant 9. Michael Ennis 10. Michael Hodgson 11. Yileen Gordon 12. Andrew Ryan 13. David Stagg

Interchange: 14. Mickey Paea 15. Gary Warburton 16. Jarrad Hickey 17. Ben Barba

2010teams-nwc-main.jpg

1. Shannon McDonnell 2. Akuila Uate 3. Junior Sa’u 4. Adam MacDougall 5. Cooper Vuna 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Scott Dureau
8. Ben Cross 9. Matt Hilder 10. Evarn Tuimavave 11. Steve Simpson (c) 12. Cory Paterson 13. Mark Taufua

Interchange: 14. George Ndaira 15. Daniel Tolar 16. Richie Fa’aoso 17. Zeb Taia
Reserves: 18. Wes Naiqama

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Jason Robinson & Bernard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis & Ricky McFarlane
Video Referee: Sean Hampstead

Toyota Cup Round 1
Bulldogs v Knights @ ANZ, Sat 3:15pm

NSW Cup Round 1
Canterbury-Bankstown (BUL) v Central Coast (NWC) @ The Crest, Sun 5:00pm AEDT

nrl2010-r1cbynwc-1.jpg

Last edited:

Apey

Staff member
Dunno, probably go Dogs in the end.

Can't wait though. :crazy:

Jono078

Referee
Last time Knights won an away game in round 1 was 2004 against Panthers I think.

This one looks like starting with a loss, need to get over few dramas and hope those who were injured are ready for this.

Bulldogs 32- 16 Knights.

petetheileet

First Grade
dogs by 22

i would have said 50 but what ive seen and heard from the dogs in the trials, they weren't that smooth

to_ddeath

Coach
Dogs by 10-12.
Can see the Knights perking up for this one early but the Dogs have too much in attack & the home crowd advantage will work in their favour also. Could be a lot closer I think than a lot of people would expect.

T.

Timmah

Staff member
I'm under no illusions as to the result of this game, if we win it won't be big. Newcastle are a big chance and only really Gidley and McManus are out for them - so they're not EXTREMELY understrength.

Whoever wins will not win by more than a converted try IMO.

Timmah

Staff member
You're welcome to field De Gois and Taia, we'll be happy to do the same again :)

Timmah

Staff member
I love seeing those two words. Very proud of my club for that.

typicalfan

Coach
Knights are a rabble and have hardly a chance imo but can sometimes scare the Bulldogs, Dogs by 10 in a game where the Dogs will "do enough to win"

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
We'll start off with a win. By how much? I don't know and I don't want to predict it.

Knights aren't greatly under-strength but neither are we, despite having to start the season without the likes of Armit, Halatau and Goodwin.

Everyone will expect a 'Dogs win by 30+ but I don't like to predict that, just in case ;)

The LIKELY team to be named by Moore would be along the lines of:

01. Luke Patten
02. Steve Turner
03. Josh Morris
04. Jamal Idris
05. Junior Tia-Kilifi (Goodwin is out until round 4 with toe injury)
06. Ben Roberts
07. Brett Kimmorley
08. Ben Hannant
09. Michael Ennis (gk, vc)
10. Michael Hodgson
11. Gary Warburton
12. Andrew Ryan (c)
13. David Stagg
- Interchange
14. Mickey Paea
15. Ben Barba
16. Jarrad Hickey
17. Yileen Gordon

Timmah

Staff member
lol Ennis "vice captain"

Our club has never named anyone VC

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
hehe I know :D But I wanted to put him as VC because he's about to re-sign a life contract (another 4 or 5 years on top of the current deal that expires at the end of 2011) and no doubt he's going to be our captain when Ryan retires.