What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'10 | R1 | Sun | Titans 24-18 Warriors | Skilled

Result: Titans v Warriors

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2010info-r1gconzw-1.jpg

2010teams-gco-alt.jpg

1. Preston Campbell 2. Kevin Gordon 3. Mat Rogers 4. Joseph Tomane 5. David Mead 6. Greg Bird 7. Scott Prince (c)
8. Luke Bailey 9. Nathan Friend 10. Brad Meyers 11. Anthony Laffranchi 12. Mark Minichiello 13. Ashley Harrison

Interchange: 14. Matthew White 15. Sam Tagataese 16. Will Matthews 17. Riley Brown
Reserves: 18. Michael Henderson 19. William Zillman 20. Bodene Thompson

2010teams-nzw-15yr.jpg

1. Lance Hohaia 2. Kevin Locke 3. Brent Tate 4. Jerome Ropati 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. James Maloney 7. Brett Seymour
8. Sam Rapira 9. Aaron Heremaia 10. Russell Packer 11. Lewis Brown 12. Ben Matulino 13. Micheal Luck (C)

Interchange: 14. Wade McKinnon 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Jesse Royal 17. Sione Lousi
Reserves: 18. Joel Moon

ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Matt Cecchin & Chris James
Sideline Officials: Luke Potter & Adam Devcich
Video Referee: Phil Cooley

Toyota Cup Round 1
Titans v Warriors @ Skilled, Sun 10:45am AEST

QLD Cup Round 1
Ipswich (GCO) v Easts (BRI) @ North Ipswich, Sat 6:00pm AEST
Tweed Heads (GCO) v Redcliffe (BRI) @ Ned Byrne Field, Sun 3:00pm AEST

NSW Cup Round 1
Auckland (NZW) v Cronulla-Sutherland (CRO) @ Windsor, Sun 12:00pm AEDT

nrl2010-r1gconzw.jpg

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Yep, the Warriors to struggle with playing away.

Titans easy victors, I'd say by about ten. They can never put sides away.

I can't see why people are predicting so many thrashings early on.
I have a feeling the Warriors have really got something to prove.

typicalfan

Coach
Titans 36-20, high scoring match in the heat of QLD doesn't the match start at 1pm local time there? The heat will be too much for the Warriors at the back end of each half.

Sleep

Juniors
Titans with the biggest win margin in the first round. Warriors look to be wooden spoon contenders this year with the Titans right at the other end of the scale playing at home. The Warriors are bad away from home. Everything stacked in the Titans favour.

Truthy746

Juniors
Warriors away from home, playing the Titans who are a very good team at Skilled Park. Both are tipped to finish top four/eight and wooden spoon respectively. Not too hard to work out the outcome..

adamkungl

Immortal
I can't see why people are predicting so many thrashings early on.
I have a feeling the Warriors have really got something to prove.

If one team is underdone by Round 1 the results can be embarrassing, as we saw last year with Easts v Souths.

Also, fence sitting is f**king boring. Titans by lots.

Timmah

Staff member
http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsar...ersey-switch-angers-warriors-ceo/default.aspx

Warriors chief executive Wayne Scurrah is angered that first round NRL opponents Gold Coast have pulled an "unsportsmanlike" jersey switch.
Scurrah says both the Gold Coast and third round opponents Brisbane will wear their white away jerseys for home matches against the Warriors, forcing the Auckland-based team to don their dark strip for matches in hot early-season conditions in Queensland.
Both matches are scheduled for 1pm AEST kick-offs.
Scurrah said the Titans were also launching a new strip so it should have been logical for them to wear it in next Sunday's Skilled Park match.
"For me there's only one reason they wouldn't," he told New Zealand's Sunday News.
"That's unsportsmanlike behaviour to try to give their team the advantage while perhaps overheating our guys in their black jerseys.
"It's disappointing."
Titans counterpart Michael Searle made no excuses for the move.
"It's a home game and one of the benefits of that is you get to make a choice on what you wear," he said.
"I'm sure if the position was reversed, Wayne would do the same."

They have a grey and dark green strip, why wouldn't they ask the NRL if they can wear one of them? :?

Coaster

Bench
Why would we want to wear a dark blue jersey, if we do not have to?

With all the rain we are having it will be a non issue anyway i think.

Timmah

Staff member
Because it's a pathetic way of pointscoring on your rivals...?

Hopefully the Warriors stick one up the Titans like they did to NQ when they pulled the same stunt in the 2007 finals :lol:

aussies1st

Staff member
Hard to go past the Titans at home and full strength. Warriors should give a good fight though.

Latest posts